PDA

View Full Version : xbox froze after at least 20 hours of play!

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 07:21 PM
OK, im training my sister in halo. now, i usally play my xbox for about 15 hours at a time with now problem (exept exessive drouseyness) now, i dont remember how long it was on this time, but the back of my xbox was hot, not warm, hot, and it did, while she was playing halo, freeze.
i know it was at least 20 hours but not exactly.

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 07:22 PM
i unpluged it for 1 hour and it was back not normal temp

PlatinmArgonate
03-28-2002, 07:27 PM
it warns u in the forms it comes with after a while of playing it turn it off and take a break before that happens. But i never had any trouble with that.

Skarp
03-28-2002, 07:28 PM
Um, ok. Yeah, most systems won't do well if you leave them on 20+ hours. And secondly, you can play that long...straight? I mean at least for your own health take an hour break and turn your xbox off.

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Skarp
Um, ok. Yeah, most systems won't do well if you leave them on 20+ hours. And secondly, you can play that long...straight? I mean at least for your own health take an hour break and turn your xbox off.

yeah, i have no life!

Xtopia
03-28-2002, 07:41 PM
You'r training you'r sis in Halo? I already did that! She is 10. How old is your sis? If you play online it would be cool to have a battle of the chicks!
:D

SNaray8442
03-28-2002, 07:56 PM
LOl, ive trianed my 8 yr old sister as well. Hehe, we beat Halo on Legendary together, and she 0wnz my friends when they come over(they had PS2s from last year, nobody got them a XBOX, pity them).

GokuX
03-28-2002, 09:36 PM
20 is just sick, I'd be throwing up after playing that long. I'd probably throw my XBox out the window and never play it again.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Dam son...20+ hours? Good greif man..i know HALO has the most ethralling gameplay in a game, but dam....:confused:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 10:49 PM
godsuck! my lord 20 hours! my parents said that I played my snes like a maniac when i was little, but 20 hours. lets say from 10pm-6pm. crap i could never do that even if u killed me for it. hmmm 20 hours. well lets say that u work; running and lifting weights for 20 hours. would u get tired? id have to say that same for that half-dead xbox of urs.

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 10:54 PM
dude, if i were ur xbox, i would get up, slap u, then punch u in the stomach! can't u do anything else? don't u have school or work? anyways, how can u train ur SISTER in Halo. girls hate videogames enough. all they do to make themselves happy is tease their hair for about 20 HOURS!

wweomaniac
03-28-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
OK, im training my sister in halo. now, i usally play my xbox for about 15 hours at a time with now problem (exept exessive drouseyness) now, i dont remember how long it was on this time, but the back of my xbox was hot, not warm, hot, and it did, while she was playing halo, freeze.
i know it was at least 20 hours but not exactly.

First of all. 20 hours on?!??! Thats a lot of playin...

Second of all, make sure that the system is in a well ventilated room. Make sure that it isn't too humid and that the temperature doesn't get too hot. I don't think that lettign it stay on for 20 hours is a factor. Make sure the system is in a well ventilated room, and that no part of the xbox is covered.

My XBOX has only frozen once... jsut because of OBI WAN. OBI WAN is the worst game ever.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 12:09 AM
damn 20 hours straight....well no wonder it froze...what are you trying to do....burn out your system and melt the cd...thats just way to much :eek:

GokuX
03-29-2002, 12:14 AM
I wonder if the software or OS might've glitched up after that many hours of allocating, loading, clearing , etc.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 12:19 AM
probably....dont think its normal to run the system that long

GokuX
03-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey Venom, I've not seen you around before. U pretty new here? If so allow me to welcome you to the forums if you haven't already been welcomed.

sinizuh
03-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by VenoM
probably....dont think its normal to run the system that long

no, it's not normal... a little bit abnormal... with a side of Stupid.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 12:41 AM
ive been here for awhile actually...but over at the chat room and trading forums...decided to check the rest of the forums out...thanks gokux :)

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 12:42 AM
mine NEVER froze, because it was HOT in the back by the fan:(

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 03:37 AM
mine has NEVER EVER froze, not saying it can't happen, just that it has never happened to me, and mine was on for over 24 hours the first day i had it home. Not played by me, but by me, then my roommates, then our friends, rotating as such, i slept through probably about 10 hours of it. After that long i figured we should shut it off for a while. HALO is addictive!!

Twisted J
03-29-2002, 03:07 PM
i do go to school and stuff but this was on saterday after my homework was done. my sister owns pretty much anyone exept me at halo, weve beat it on all levels tegether and seperate.
xtopia, my box isnt hooked up right now but when it is im sure she will be up to the challenge!

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Wow, Twisted J...that's strange...I accidentally left my XBox on all night once!! :eek:

It still purs like the little kitten it is :D

Calve
03-30-2002, 10:54 AM
r u crazy!!! 20+ hours!!!! go get some fresh air!!!!! and give some to ur xbox too!!! thats unhealthy man!!!! and i consider my self an xbox addict?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:confused:

tech
03-30-2002, 11:48 PM
LOL prominant I don't think Twisted J can play 20hrs on a PS2, he might just fall asleep because they gameplay is not the same. ;)