PDA

View Full Version : xboxconnect rox

silvertrace
03-29-2002, 01:18 AM
ok, heres the deal.....xboxconnect is coming out with new versions like every other day and i am quit impressed.....don't mistake it with xboxconnector.....that is the past....look to the future....xboxconnect version(i) as of friday early morning, is without a doubt 100% better than ***spy......the people are nicer, no ads and most important significantly less to zero lag....what are u waiting for.....download it and say goodbye to all those "undefeated losers" that call gamespy home......as proof, i hosted a 4 on 4 ctf game and nobody complained about lag....in fact we played for 3 1/2 hours.....different maps of course.....so take my word....its worth ur time.....thnx for listening....cya @ xbc.......:)

Xtopia
03-29-2002, 01:30 AM
I have been using Xboxconnector for a while...and yesterday I downloaded XBoxconnect. So I have a question: If I am using Xboxconnect can I play somebody who is using xboxconnector?:)

Punkbob
03-29-2002, 01:31 AM
Hey I remember you from last night.

UserID=PunkBob

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 01:31 AM
Sounds good! I should gve it a try!

silvertrace
03-29-2002, 01:47 AM
on the earlier versions of xboxconnect u had to choose master servers(xbconnect, or xboxconnector).....now on the newest version it only has the xboxconnect server available....so i guess xboxconnector isn't compatible.....just download the newest version of xboxconnect and post what u think...i'm tryin to get people to try it out....could use some opinions to sway the vote.......:)

silvertrace
03-29-2002, 01:49 AM
oh btw...had a blast punkbob....that was my first time passing the flag thru the power up section in sidewinder......i was goin crazy......hope to catch u on some other time.....later

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 01:51 AM
I know what that feels like, going there!

J Dub
03-29-2002, 02:24 AM
So where do we get this "Xbox Connect"?

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Xx J Dub 2k xX
So where do we get this "Xbox Connect"?

www.xbconnect.com

Punkbob
03-29-2002, 04:30 AM
What I was gonna do was just get into the Ghost on the other side, which makes you go through the bars, but since it wasn't close enough, I just passed the flag to you.:cool:

Highlite23
03-29-2002, 08:30 AM
What is the URL for this site??
i used xboxconnect.com and got redirected.

Sounds like fun, and im hesitant about ****spy.

squid413
03-29-2002, 09:12 AM
hey i was just wondering if you have to use mirc to chat with this like you had to with xboxconnector.

BlackTJ
03-29-2002, 09:23 AM
It's www.xbconnect.com and it does rock, once you pick a player you can chat in a room witt that player. You can still use mIRC as well. My guess is you can use different versions as long as you know the other players IP.... just a guess.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by squid413
hey i was just wondering if you have to use mirc to chat with this like you had to with xboxconnector.

good question........

Whats the IRC channel??

#XBC

And in what domain? Enterthegame.com?

DrUnKtAnK
03-29-2002, 11:20 AM
...XBConnect is a spin off from the XBox Connector. While it it backward compatible with the current version of the Connector, XBConnect sports many new features....

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:29 PM
This sounds like some very interesting news, Silvertrace...I'll try XBoxconnect tonight. However, I'm really curious...does XBoxconnect have a chat room to organize things or do you have to use mIRC?

Personally, I love the organization of Gamespy, however, I agree that the lag hugz nutz sometimes. XBoxconnector works nice and all, however, I absolutely despise how unorganized it is.

Hey, Punkbob! Nice to see you, buddy! We've played together and against eachother on XBoxconnector! Good to see that you've joined XBoxaddict! There are lots of cool people here! :)

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
This sounds like some very interesting news, Silvertrace...I'll try XBoxconnect tonight. However, I'm really curious...does XBoxconnect have a chat room to organize things or do you have to use mIRC?

Personally, I love the organization of Gamespy, however, I agree that the lag hugz nutz sometimes. XBoxconnector works nice and all, however, I absolutely despise how unorganized it is.

Xbox Connect says on their website that soon they have a chat integrated into their programs, so we'll just have to hold tight till then.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

Xbox Connect says on their website that soon they have a chat integrated into their programs, so we'll just have to hold tight till then.

Dude, I tried going to www.xboxconnect.com and all I see is that the domain is for sale! :confused:

silvertrace
03-29-2002, 04:46 PM
thnx for the kind posts all.....the site is xbconnect.com, and though its not as user friendly as gamespy, it will surpass it soon....when u join a game it allows you to chat to the host and other players.....and thats the most important part.....u can still organize in mIRC but i prefer potluck....u never know who ur gonna get in ur game.......just goto system link, (looking for games) and when u see the LINK READY come up, u'll see what map the game is for, how many kills and how many players have already joined.....its worth checking into.....and it has a new feature differentiating PAL and NTSC.....so no more european newbs asking to play....hehehehehe....just kidding......NUKE FRANCE.....wooohoooo......later

TheDemyelinator
03-29-2002, 05:01 PM
umm yea XBConnect RULEZ and lamespy is for asses, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynxFX
03-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Just downloaded it so will try it out tonight.