PDA

View Full Version : What is the best NFL game?

thejoker
03-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Guys I need some help on finding the best football game to purchase. Which one has the best single player and multiplayer gaming? I've been thinking about getting NFL Fever, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the help guys!

:)

baggachipz
03-29-2002, 10:27 AM
I say go with fever, bigguy. 2k2 is ok, but the menu system sucks and it's a direct port -- i.e., worse graphics. Madden's also a port and every penny that goes to the worst commentator in the history of the world is a penny wasted. I haven't played espn. Blitz is the arcade-y one; not really a football game but more of a 'hit your friends in the context of football' game.

Fever all the way! It's simply superior.

AlBoogy
03-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by baggachipz
I say go with fever, bigguy. 2k2 is ok, but the menu system sucks and it's a direct port -- i.e., worse graphics. Madden's also a port and every penny that goes to the worst commentator in the history of the world is a penny wasted. I haven't played espn. Blitz is the arcade-y one; not really a football game but more of a 'hit your friends in the context of football' game.

Fever all the way! It's simply superior.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG, sorry about that. I was in shock by that post. It sucks cause its a port and the menu system sucks? ooooook,,, anyway,, 2k2 is the best one.

baggachipz
03-29-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

It sucks cause its a port and the menu system sucks?
Yes. Don't get me wrong, I loved 2k and 2k1 on my dreamcast, but Fever raised the bar.

ooooook,,, anyway,, 2k2 is the best one.

**sigh**, that's your opinion...

xboxer2002
03-29-2002, 11:15 AM
NFL 2K2 is the best of the bunch with madden being a close second. Fever sucks . I owned all 3 ,but i traded fever and now only own the 2

fanofslipknotib
03-29-2002, 11:27 AM
I have NFL Fever, and I like it a lot. I played 2k2 at the mall, and I didn't like it all that much. I'm sure if I had more time to play and learn controls, I could probably have enjoyed it a lot more. But, I say Fever.

Ninja Scroll
03-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Sega Sports NFL 2K2!:cool:

X-Factor
03-29-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm not a real big football fan, but you got look at 3 factors. Fever's got the best graphics, 2K2's got the best gameplay, and Madden's got the best options/modes. It just depends on what's more important to you.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 12:15 PM
MADDEN!

FEVER IS THE WORSE GAME EVER MADE. IF YOU ENJOY REAL FOOTBALL YOU WILL DISPISE FEVER. FEVER BLOWS MONKEY ASS

i dont know what you people see in fever. Its got the crappiest game play. CRAP!!!

Buy madden if your a real football fan. You under stand everything thats happening on the field and benfits/flaws of certain defesive/offensive formations. This game is as real as it gets.

Buy fever if your a candy ass and you still play connect 4 during recess.

buy nfl2k2 if you want 2nd best.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Personally, I think NFL2K2 has better graphics than Fever! I don't know if it's just me or what, but, the players move much more fluidly and the players actually resemble the real players moreso than any other.

One thing I love about Fever, though, is that I really like the Dynasty mode. Also, keep in mind that NFL Fever 2003 will be on-line!

I like the menus better in Fever (i.e. picking your plays) better than NFL2K2, but, all in all, NFL2K2 is a better game. Yes, NFL2K2 is a port, but, it's a great port that runs very nicely on the XBox.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them...I'm not sure about the ESPN one, though. Blitz is very arcade like, which can be really fun!

It really depends on what you are looking for. I think X-Factor spelled it out the best.

Personally, I hated Madden...The commentary alone ruined it for me. Other than that, it's a good game, but, commentary, to me, is a big thing. In NFL2K2, the commentary is nice...Fever is okay...I wish that Fever had more "exciting" commentary while making a good play. Unfortunately, it lacks this.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Personally, I hated Madden...The commentary alone ruined it for me. Other than that, it's a good game, but, commentary, to me, is a big thing.

Yeah i know right! Who would have thought, Jon Madden and Pat Somerl announcing for a game :rolleyes:

MaXimus, You know your my homey and all. But get a grip man. Maddens gameplay is leagues beyond fever + NFL2k2 combined.

Go buy fever if you like hop scotch and ice cream.
Go buy fever if you still carry bubble tape in your pocket
Go buy fever if your ***
Go buy fever if you dont understand football
Go buy fever if your grounded
Go buy fever if you get beat up alot
Go buy fever if you have no peni5
Go buy fever if you have a peni5 and ******
Go buy fever if you swirl you neck like a retart when excited
Go buy fever if your a complete jackass.

Fever sucks

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Yeah i know right! Who would have thought, Jon Madden and Pat Somerl announcing for a game :rolleyes:

MaXimus, You know your my homey and all. But get a grip man. Maddens gameplay is leagues beyond fever + NFL2k2 combined.

Go buy fever if you liek hop scotch and ice cream. Panzy ass tools.

hehe...Because I know you, I won't take offense...instead I will do this:

:( **Max brews us a nice chopped up U-571 and unloads it into JJaX's mouth** :(

Ahhh.... :D

Well, anyway...I've played Madden...and, yes, it's a great game...great depth and so on...however, if I hear Jon Madden and Pat Someral even make a peep, I go crazy!! :eek:

I know I know I know...it's sounds pathetic...but, it's true ;)

JJaX
03-29-2002, 12:35 PM

hehe...Because I know you, I won't take offense...instead I will do this:

:( **Max brews us a nice chopped up U-571 and unloads it into JJaX's mouth** :(

Ahhh.... :D

Well, anyway...I've played Madden...and, yes, it's a great game...great depth and so on...however, if I hear Jon Madden and Pat Someral even make a peep, I go crazy!! :eek:

I know I know I know...it's sounds pathetic...but, it's true ;)

turn off the commentary and announce the game yourself.

*works well when really really drunk*

thejoker
03-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Gee, I should of known that NFL 2k2 and Fever would be the top choices. Thanks for your input guys! I think I'm going to run out to Wal-Mart and pick up a copy of NFL .... ah???.... NFL ..... O sh*t I will let you guys know this weekend what I got.

PS... MAXIMUS, I really like that sig of yours!

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by thejoker
PS... MAXIMUS, I really like that sig of yours!

Thanks, thejoker! Frostberg created this mama jama for me! By the way, yours is definately cool as well! :D

JJaX
03-29-2002, 12:48 PM

Thanks, thejoker! Frostberg created this mama jama for me! By the way, yours is definately cool as well! :D

*JJaX Begins to sing**

Put your head on my shooooouuulllder..........

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:53 PM

*JJaX Begins to sing**

Put your head on my shooooouuulllder..........

hehe, JJaX....that song is better than listening to Madden or Someral commentate any day! http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/flipa.gif

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 12:56 PM
OK NFL 2k2 is the best football game out when it comes to controls it gives you all the control you pick a spot to thow a ball and you throw it . It gives you the most control its the realest gameplay out there. The graphics are not that bad The player models arent bad its hjust the surroundings Fever has the best graphics and its an easy game. NFL 2k2 and Fever are really close but i would go with 2k2.:D

DT21
03-29-2002, 01:02 PM
Just wait for NFL Fever 2003. If you really gotta get one now, get Nfl 2k2, probably the most fun, gameplay wise.

SnOoPy
03-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Just 1 vote for Madden :(

I ahve to say Madden is the best football game. It been out for around 10 years and has all the feature you need in a football game, Create a Player, Franchise ect:. can't go wrong with Madden. :p

JJaX
03-29-2002, 01:09 PM

hehe, JJaX....that song is better than listening to Madden or Someral commentate any day! http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/flipa.gif

Go to hell!!!

Even worse, Go play fever!!! :D

wweomaniac
03-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I voted for Madden 2002 because thats what I think it is. I have played all thoes games... (well just madden, fever, primetime and 2k2), and I felt that Madden had the best graphics by a small margin, and best gameplay by a big margin. There are so manu more options to pick from in Madden and it has a long reputation for making amazing games under the Madden Trademark.

GET MADDEN!!!

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 01:38 PM

Go to hell!!!

Even worse, Go play fever!!! :D

hehehe, I thought you would find that smiley funny! :D By the way, nice new addition to your siggy!! hehe

shererboat
03-29-2002, 01:44 PM
ive voted for madden the last 30 times that this has been debated:D ......

but if i didnt already own madden (or any footbal game for that matter), id prob wait till football season starts again and check out the 2003 lineup, coz theres plenty of games (and new ones coming soon!!) thatll keep me occupied.......

JJaX
03-29-2002, 01:44 PM

hehehe, I thought you would find that smiley funny! :D By the way, nice new addition to your siggy!! hehe

yeah me likes thats a lot. Its funny as hell! Good find MaX!

Huckleberry
03-29-2002, 01:46 PM
i like 2k2 the best, and after playing all three, bought it over the other two.

HOWEVER...(and i wouldn't bring this up if you hadn't put it in your poll, and talked about mulitplayer)

if you're asking about which has the best multiplayer??? well, my experience with these games is that they all tend to get a little boring for the non-qb characters on offense. defense is a little better, but my friends and i just don't go back to play this game in 4 player mode.

on the other hand, we still play nfl blitz on dc! it's certainly arcade style instead of more of a sim, but for multiplayer fun, it can't be beat. the roles are less important on this game...it's just more of a friggin melee out there.

i wouldn't choose it unless multiplayer is the mode you'll use the most. you may just want to wait and pick one up used or off a trade. i wouldn't buy it over 2k2...just for different reasons

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
i like 2k2 the best, and after playing all three, bought it over the other two.

HOWEVER...(and i wouldn't bring this up if you hadn't put it in your poll, and talked about mulitplayer)

if you're asking about which has the best multiplayer??? well, my experience with these games is that they all tend to get a little boring for the non-qb characters on offense. defense is a little better, but my friends and i just don't go back to play this game in 4 player mode.

on the other hand, we still play nfl blitz on dc! it's certainly arcade style instead of more of a sim, but for multiplayer fun, it can't be beat. the roles are less important on this game...it's just more of a friggin melee out there.

i wouldn't choose it unless multiplayer is the mode you'll use the most. you may just want to wait and pick one up used or off a trade. i wouldn't buy it over 2k2...just for different reasons

I agree that NFL Blitz would probably be the most fun when it comes to multi-player...Arcade-type games are always the best in regards to this! My opinion, anyway. NFL Blitz makes great sense for multi-player in that most people, while in a group, don't need for it to go into extreme depth...they just want to play! This is where I base my opinion :)

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 02:01 PM

Go buy fever if you like hop scotch and ice cream.
Go buy fever if you still carry bubble tape in your pocket
Go buy fever if your ***
Go buy fever if you dont understand football
Go buy fever if your grounded
Go buy fever if you get beat up alot
Go buy fever if you have no peni5
Go buy fever if you have a peni5 and ******
Go buy fever if you swirl you neck like a retart when excited
Go buy fever if your a complete jackass.

Fever sucks

Why is it that you feel the need to degrade anyone that happens to like something that you don't. Sounds like you trying to overcompensate for something....

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:01 PM

I agree that NFL Blitz would probably be the most fun when it comes to multi-player...Arcade-type games are always the best in regards to this! My opinion, anyway. NFL Blitz makes great sense for multi-player in that most people, while in a group, don't need for it to go into extreme depth...they just want to play! This is where I base my opinion :)

i dunno. The most fun i have playing madden is against shererboat. He always kicks my @ss but we line up, call audibles, call hot routes, shift are lines and line backers. It gets pretty sick.

thejoker
03-29-2002, 02:05 PM

My brother-in-law and I would play NFL Blitz for hours on my PS1, and I would have to say that Blitz was my all-time fav out of any of the NFL games on the PS1.

After hours of research on the net I have found that GameSpot gave the following ratings:

2K2 - 9.3
Madden - 8.6
Blitz - 8.5
Fever - 7.9
ESPN - 4.7 (ouch)

So it looks like I may be going with 2k2, but I may just wait for 2K3.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

Why is it that you feel the need to degrade anyone that happens to like something that you don't. Sounds like you trying to overcompensate for something....

Hows that? Do you qualify in my list? If so go pick up fever and you'll be on your way. Now run along now.

Spaztic
03-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Well Madden is the worst football game because.....Madden is on the commentary!

NFL2k2 is awsome! solid game but I prefer Fever because it has fast and furious plays, you can feel the hits and Madden's not in it!

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Well Madden is the worst football game because.....Madden is on the commentary!

NFL2k2 is awsome! solid game but I prefer Fever because it has fast and furious plays, you can feel the hits and Madden's not in it!

you can feel the hits in fever?!?!?!?!?

I think your playing the wrong game. fevers got that 1 tackle animation, and that weak ass sound for a hit. No pads cruncing, Just a light little thud

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 02:18 PM

Hows that? Do you qualify in my list? If so go pick up fever and you'll be on your way. Now run along now.

i dunno man, from the looks of it there are alot of people that must be on your 'list'. Looks like your in the minority. Lots of people seem to like Fever. But that's not even the point, why make fun of people because they happen to like a different football game than you? Does it make you feel like a big man?

thejoker
03-29-2002, 02:22 PM

i dunno man, from the looks of it there are alot of people that must be on your 'list'. Looks like your in the minority. Lots of people seem to like Fever. But that's not even the point, why make fun of people because they happen to like a different football game than you? Does it make you feel like a big man?

WORD!

Spaztic
03-29-2002, 02:25 PM

you can feel the hits in fever?!?!?!?!?

I think your playing the wrong game. fevers got that 1 tackle animation, and that weak ass sound for a hit. No pads cruncing, Just a light little thud

You smoke way to much bud!
...but thats a good thing!

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:26 PM

Just because i disagree with the majority means i should follow. What am i a fuking sheep? Here this might give you some insite on how i feel.

ANYONE WHO ACTAULLY ENJOYS FEVER, GO SUCK A DIK!

WoW! I feel better already!

I just dont see how its humanly possible to enjoy this crap for a football game. Maybe the people enjoying it really dont understand football. I dont know???

Ive enforced my opinion many times about this piece of crap, And i dont feel like typing all the flaws cause ill be here all day. So instead ill just rag on it. Is that ok? People around here understand me, some people dont. Think what you want. I think its obvious i dont like fever aka piece of crap, So people feel free to disregard my opinion about fever.

Did i mention..........Fever Sucks?

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

You smoke way to much bud!
...but thats a good thing!

Aint no thang soulja!

you really think the hits in fever look and sound cool???

Are you sure your not smoking Crack?!

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:29 PM
Well im done for the day. I think im gonna go pick up a copy of nfl fever and take pictures of me taking a dump on it.

Peace fellas.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 02:31 PM
lol, JJaX...you act as if NFL Fever is like NES's Ten Yard Fight! :D

xboxer2002
03-29-2002, 02:35 PM
I don't understand what everybody sees in fevers graphics.The players look like they're straight out of planet of the apes, one tackle animation (you'd think the field was on fire, stop, drop and roll!) it misses frames during the quarterback snap,It's blurry,the commentary sucks,the player introductions suck ( especially when they wave their arms like their retarded,they all have dracula teeth and when they speak trash,their lips still move after the voice is over(something out of a japanese kung fu movie). NFL 2k2 has it all.Fantastic animations,commentary,real faces,excellent gameplay,etc,etc.Madden is a close second.

thejoker
03-29-2002, 02:52 PM
I'm going to go to Blockbusters and rent NFL 2K2 and Fever. You guys are messing with me little XBox brain... 2k2, fever, 2k2, fever, 2k2, fever,,,, so far the poles have Fever... we will see.

O yeah, thanks for all the input!

Later,

gula
03-29-2002, 03:16 PM
I would choose NFL Fever...or maybe NFL 2K2. Either one.

Or else you can just wait for NFL Fever 2003! :D

From these screens, it looks like they fixed the player models (not too bulk) and added more facial textures.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032902/fever/fever_screen004.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032902/fever/fever_screen001.jpg

From gamespot.com:
Microsoft has released the first screenshots from NFL Fever 2003 for the Xbox, its upcoming simulation-style football game. The screens showcase the new uniforms of the Seattle Seahawks. In NFL Fever 2003, players can customize team uniforms, individual plays, or even entire playbooks. Along with the new Seahawk uniforms, NFL Fever 2003 will also have all the other additions to the 2002-2003 NFL season, including the expansion Houston Texans team, the new division structure, and new stadiums for both the Chicago Bears and the New England Patriots. Microsoft plans to incorporate some form of online capabilities into the game as well.

NFL Fever 2003 is scheduled for release at the end of summer to coincide with the start of the upcoming NFL season.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by gula

From these screens, it looks like they fixed the player models (not too bulk) and added more facial textures.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032902/fever/fever_screen004.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032902/fever/fever_screen001.jpg

From gamespot.com:
Microsoft has released the first screenshots from NFL Fever 2003 for the Xbox, its upcoming simulation-style football game. The screens showcase the new uniforms of the Seattle Seahawks. In NFL Fever 2003, players can customize team uniforms, individual plays, or even entire playbooks. Along with the new Seahawk uniforms, NFL Fever 2003 will also have all the other additions to the 2002-2003 NFL season, including the expansion Houston Texans team, the new division structure, and new stadiums for both the Chicago Bears and the New England Patriots. Microsoft plans to incorporate some form of online capabilities into the game as well.

NFL Fever 2003 is scheduled for release at the end of summer to coincide with the start of the upcoming NFL season.

Now, that is a REAL option!! Nice, gula!!! I can't wait to play on-line! Woo Hoo!!

thejoker
03-29-2002, 03:23 PM
NICE... GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr! On-line Football!

Now Bart..., listen to your mother! - Homer

JJaX
04-01-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by gula

Maybe they changed the gameplay so it might not play like a commadore 64 game anymore.