PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy Sega classics?

crazyotto
03-29-2002, 08:59 AM
With all the new xbox games that are going to wow us this year alone; will you have extra $$ to buy updated old games????

FpS_PhReeK
03-29-2002, 09:11 AM
It matters what games and more importantly at what price... I will not have $50 to pay for a rehash when there are HOT new titles to be had for the same green. If they priced some at $25 I think that a lot of people whould buy them, or get them from EB when they trade games in. Its all about the Benjamins.

PhReeK out!

Ninja Scroll
03-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Sega is without a shadow of a doubt,.. THE best d@mn developer/publishing company in the gaming industry.
Whatever they bring I will support Sega.
Let's be real guys, their bringing classics, nothing less.
:cool:

FpS_PhReeK
03-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Sure sega it a great developer.... but really not many people would choose to play old Sega games over new releases.

It matters what games and more importantly at what price... I will not have $50 to pay for a rehash when there are HOT new titles to be had for the same green. If they priced some at $25 I think that a lot of people whould buy them.

PhReeK out!

smack_roscoe
03-29-2002, 03:00 PM
Yes, I'll get it and here is why.
1. You know what your getting, and on the Box it'll be better(hopefuly).
2. Not to start and argument here, but IMO I'm not too impressed with a lot of the games avail for the box. Im talking about my personal prefferances as far as what I want to play. Racing, RPG's, sports dont move me. FPS, fighting, shooting, horror action does.
3. You can always wait a while and buy it used for like half the price of new, (eg. Instead of paying $50 I got Max Payne for 30$ took that other $20 and got pizza/beer)

So for the person like myself that doesnt like about half the games for the box, based on subject matter alone. A game like Sega Classics is a welcome choice.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 03:26 PM
nope..i wouldnt.....why would i if i can play all the old sega games right on my dreamcast using a genesis emulator....wouldnt bother with sega saturn games either...since it sucked

Master Gracey
03-29-2002, 06:14 PM
I'd only buy a Sega classic on one condition:

The game has to be PIRATES GOLD!!!

That was one of the best games ever released for any system. That Legend Of Black Kat game just isn't a pirate game. What pirate threw flame bolts out of their hands to ward off giant crabs? That's not a REAL pirate game... a real pirate game is just what the Xbox needs!

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ2.jpg

Hugh_Jass
03-29-2002, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't count on them being better/different from the originals. While the press release was extremely unspecific on the details I bet they will be straight ports.