PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Gamecube or.....

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:06 PM
Hello I am very confused on what to do either to get a gamecube or get so games for xbox but i don't know which games are good so could you please let me know gamecube or games and which games i should get thanks

DT21
03-29-2002, 01:10 PM
What X-Box games do you currently own?

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:14 PM
max payne, nfl2k2, nfl primetime 2002, asb2003, tony hawk 2x,batman vengeance

could you make me a banner thing too? Or like add on to the one i have now?

SnOoPy
03-29-2002, 01:17 PM
I say get a Gamecube, you can't go wrong in owning 2 system you'll have a wide selection of games. If you a big Mario, Zelda Star Fox fan then get a Cube cause you'll never see those game in the XBox if your not then buy game for your XBox cause most of the game out for Cube will be out for XBox except the franchise games, resident evil and a few others.

thejoker
03-29-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy
I say get a Gamecube, you can't go wrong in owning 2 system you'll have a wide selection of games. If you a big Mario, Zelda Star Fox fan then get a Cube cause you'll never see those game in the XBox if your not then buy game for your XBox cause most of the game out for Cube will be out for XBox except the franchise games, resident evil and a few others.

I agree with SnOoPy... get the Cube, I'm getting my daughter one for her birthday this year. Right now she is only 2, but she loves playing DOA3, and Amped on me ole XBox. The Cube is geared more to the younger group of gamers, but I still like Mario! O yeah I'm 27... I'll be 28 in 2 weeks... gee I feel old...hehehehe

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:27 PM
i know but the games are a lot childish like super monkey ball and even maybe zelda but i won't diss mario

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey, Paul...welcome to the forums!

Personally, I'm a one console kinda guy...being 26 years old and watching Nintendo milk Mario, Zelda, Luigi, and "all their friends" for so many years now has made me not look back. One thing you won't find on the XBox is:

Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers
Super Halo Brothers 64
Super Smash Halo Melee
Halokart
Halo Golf
Halo Tennis
Paper Halo
Super Halo World

Sound kind of familiar? :D

By the way...speaking of Halo, I noticed that you don't have it! Oh man!! That's the best game ever created!! You need to get that game before considering buying anything! Rallisport Challenge is utterly amazing as well.

It's up to you what you want to do, ultimately, of course. But, in my opinion, I'm sick of Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, and Zelda games. I have some good memories with Nintendo, of course, but, they are just memories now. That's where I stand on the subject.

But, keep in mind that Gamecube is getting some killer apps like Resident Evil and Metroid Prime. I'm not sure what else is in the works. But, one thing that really bugs me about Nintendo is that they release games so slow...and ever so often a good game comes out. I work part time at an Electronics store that carries XBox, PS2, and the GameCube and the PS2 has, by far, the most games (it's been out the longest, of course), but, XBox is definately catching up...and the GameCube only has a small section of games. To me, this is typical Nintendo.

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:57 PM
yea i need halo i hear good things about rallisport challenge but im not a racing gamer really how is it good?Maximus about gc it does play things out but what about ps with ff and maybe xbox with halo but i think i just gonna get the games for xbox and hold off gc til they are decided a good or bad console its just too early

Spaztic
03-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Dude I would buy a gamecube. You can never loose with 2 systems and gamecube looks like it has some good games comming out.

metroid
wrestlemainia
sonic

Get the cube, but don't forget the good games comming out for the xbox shortly

Oh about rallisport! You said you are not a racing fan, well rent the game! Honestly this is one of my favorite games, I can say that it is the best racing game to date! IMO!

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Paul86
yea i need halo i hear good things about rallisport challenge but im not a racing gamer really how is it good?Maximus about gc it does play things out but what about ps with ff and maybe xbox with halo but i think i just gonna get the games for xbox and hold off gc til they are decided a good or bad console its just too early

Well, I've never been a huge fan of Final Fantasy...only because I'm not a big RPG gamer. But, Final Fantasy is much different than what Nintendo does with their flagship characters. Final Fantasy is a series (The games are created as the story evolves), whereas, Nintendo makes completely different genres of games using the same characters (for example, compare Mario Kart with Super Mario Brothers 64 - two completely different games using the same characters).

As for Halo, we will never see the Master Chief (the main character in Halo) ever play golf :D If they make a Halo 2, it would be similar to how Final Fantasy makes a series. I really hope Halo has a series! All I know is that you need Halo badly!!! Keep in mind that you can also play Halo on-line through Gamespy, XBoxconnect, or XBoxconnector! And it's free! :D There's nothing like Halo being played on-line...WOW!

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

But, Final Fantasy is much different than what Nintendo does with their flagship characters. Final Fantasy is a series (The games are created as the story evolves),

That's not quite correct, the Final Fantasy series of games don't follow the same storyline. Each game has a completely new story with absolutely no connection to any previous games and with none of the same characters. The games just use a similar format and fighting interface.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

That's not quite correct, the Final Fantasy series of games don't follow the same storyline. Each game has a completely new story with absolutely no connection to any previous games and with none of the same characters. The games just use a similar format and fighting interface.

Ah!! I stand corrected! Thanks, Gortholomew...I wasn't actually positive about Final Fantasy because I have never really been into RPGs. But, atleast we won't see the characters in Final Fantasy ever driving in go-carts :D

Ninja Scroll
03-29-2002, 02:36 PM
That's right , no Final Fantasy is the same. The only thing they have in common is they all have one character name "Cid" for some reason I forgot.

back to the topic. I say get a KIddyCube. shoot, im getting one once Resident Evil Remake & Wrestlemania X8 ship!
KiddyCube does catier to the younger audience, but they will have a few adult oriented games as well.
If it was not for a few exclusive titles like the ones I meantioned I would'nt give this console a chance in hell.

Im not into the Mario fiasco, but i would probably buy Zelda when it comes out later this year. Metriod Prime might be something to consider as well.:)

BTW, you ever thought about getting a GameBoy Advance?
Check out our sister site www.gbaaddict.com it's worth a look!:cool:

VenoM
03-29-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Paul86
i know but the games are a lot childish like super monkey ball and even maybe zelda but i won't diss mario

super monkey ball and zelda childish??...same thing with pikmin...id like to see a child get through those games...they might look kiddy but trsut me there not...no normal kid can get through those games...zelda and games like pikmin especially.....just cause a game looks bright and not realistic (real looking humans) and is usually an adventure doesnt make it a kiddy game.....i dont get why people keep saying gamecube is kiddy.....i understand if ya call pokemon kiddy...thats by far the only kiddy thing about nintendo....pokemon but other then that i dont see anything kiddy about it..........is resident evil kiddy??.....is metriod kiddy??....is rogue leader kiddy?....is eternal darkness kiddy??....and as for starfox it might have talking animals but that doesnt make it kiddy........if ya havnt noticed by now by the way i defend nintendo...im saying...go for the gamecube :D me i own a gamecube and xbox....out of those two systems your guaranteed to have the best games coming out.....with xbox your getting xbox games and ps2 ports, the best of xbox and ps2 and with nintendo your getting all the great nintendo titles......:cool:

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 04:17 PM
wow i am so confused on what to do i have gba i dont like it to much i havent really gave it a chance and i have seen the guy from f he has a big sword in like a super smash brothers game. Thanks for you help i think i want to buy more xbox stuff

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
super monkey ball and zelda childish??...same thing with pikmin...id like to see a child get through those games...

Dude...no offense, but, I seriously had to stop reading from that point...and take a moment to:

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 04:46 PM
I know how mature could a game be called super monkey ball as for zelda did you see what he looks like he looks like hes 4

VenoM
03-29-2002, 05:10 PM
you guys are just spoiled with all the blood and guts that you dont know what a good game is...just cause a game doesnt have blood and guts does not make it a kiddy game....me ...i dont give a crap, if a game is fun its fun.....i play it even if it had talking animals and monkeys trapped inside of a ball rolling around...or if it had some plumber running around trying to save a princess..either way i consider them games damn fun and if you dont think so then your just boring (and yes i do love first person shooters and blood and guts too but its not all i like) ...have a nice day :)

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 05:15 PM
you guys are just spoiled with all the blood and guts that you dont know what a good game is...just cause a game doesnt have blood and guts does not make it a kiddy game....me ...i dont give a crap, if a game is fun its fun.....i play it even if it had talking animals and monkeys trapped inside of a ball rolling around...or if it had some plumber running around trying to save a princess..either way i consider them games damn fun and if you dont think so then your just boring (and yes i do love first person shooters and blood and guts too but its not all i like) ...have a nice day :)

Dude...enjoying kiddie games is one thing...I have no problem with that! But, to say that Super Monkey Ball, Pikman, and Luigi's Mansion are not kiddie game is hilarious!!

Not to be a jerk or anything, but, d a m n, you gave me a great laugh!! ;)

VenoM
03-29-2002, 05:19 PM
i can tell you never played them....trust me...no normal kiddy kids can get through those games....pikmin isnt as easy as it looks either...pretty complex for a normal little kid to understand...play it and you'll know what i mean

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 06:31 PM
i can tell you never played them....trust me...no normal kiddy kids can get through those games....pikmin isnt as easy as it looks either...pretty complex for a normal little kid to understand...play it and you'll know what i mean

Venom...I've not only played all of those games (I work part time at an electronics store that has a Nintendo Kiosk), however, I have a cousin who is no older than 10 years old and is having no problems with them. In fact, he's really good. Yes, he enjoys the games, however, he is 10 years old! lol He's a kid.

Don't get me worng, dude...I grew up owning every Nintendo console ever launched except for the GameCube..and I hae owned all of Sega's consoles except for Sega CD (I owned the Saturn, though), and, I have simply grown out of Nintendo. Good past times, yes...but, XBox definately fulfills my needs much greater than Nintendo ever did.

As an aside, one of the most popular arguements from PS2 owners is that XBox doesn't have many available games. To my knowledge, there are no less than 68 available XBox games on the market today. How many does Gamecube have?

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 06:39 PM
i know isnt it horrible i think im gonna trade with someone for it thnaks for advice