PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Survey

MOlsen
03-29-2002, 01:16 PM
The single biggest gamble in the design of the Xbox was the inclusion of a broadband socket. It has the potential to provide unparalleled gameplay and voice interaction, but at a high cost and low market penetration. Do you currently have broadband? How much do you pay? (All $US)

Yes $0 - $25/month

Yes $25 - $45/month

Yes $45+/month

No But would pay $0 - $25/month

No But would pay $25 - $45/month

No But would pay $45+/month

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 02:39 PM
MOlsen...great idea for a poll, however, unfortunately, it's flawed. We can only vote once. The last two options make it difficult to provide an answer to the above options because it's a completely different subject matter. But, I can tell you that I pay $39.99 for my Broadband and I am willing to pay as much as $14.95 a month for XBox Live, no problem. In fact, I would pay even more if I had to...maybe $20 or so. But, my prediction is that XBox Live will only be around $10.

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 02:45 PM
i pay $20 CDN/ month for Cable internet(around $13-14 US) and i would pay up to $10 US, about $15 CDN/month for Xbox Online(refuse to call it Xbox Live until Microsoft says it)

btw Max, you can vote more than once, it's a survey, not a poll.

stang46
03-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Remove those last 2 options, thats a totally different poll and will scew your results.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
btw Max, you can vote more than once, it's a survey, not a poll.

Wow! You're right! That's the first survey I've seen in the forums...

To anyone that may not know, you can vote on more than one option...it actually has boxes to check...Kewl! :D

MOlsen
03-30-2002, 10:31 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the comments and for voting! I am really interested in other people's opinions, particularly if you already have broadband, and how much you would be willing to pay for Xbox online (I agree with Gorth's remarks). I'm not worried about the skewed stats, I can correct for that. What I need are more people to vote so I can get a better picture.

See, I live in Austin, TX ... and my situation and point of view are very different from the average board members. So if you don't vote and tell me what you currently and/or are willing to pay, I can't know. Please help me out here folks. Thanks!