PDA

View Full Version : ps2 version of blood omen not so good?

yall
03-29-2002, 02:17 PM
this is a section of a review from consolegold.com (the same people that bring us gonegold.com an excellent pc game news site). its just nice to see someone actually saying the xbox version of something s better!

"To top it all off, the coding is horrendous and the game locked my PS2 up repeatedly and one time didn’t even load the textures for an area and I was lost wandering in the great nothing add that to the craptacular 15FPS you get in some areas and you get a real steaming pile of %$*@!!!! Fortunately, I bought if at FuncoLand where I was able to return if for a full refund. I may check out the PC version, but I am not holding my breath on that. (Editors note: Boy...Knightshade sure is enjoying it frame-drop free and texture enhanced on his XBox":p

Spaztic
03-29-2002, 02:23 PM
the xbox is superior hardware, what did you expect?

yall
03-29-2002, 02:26 PM
I 'EXPECT' a better version. I'm just happy that we got one. Not every game is better on the xbox because developers dont always take advantage of the system (obi wan, new legends), or sometimes that give us a horrible conversion (spy hunter).

Hugh_Jass
03-29-2002, 07:30 PM
This is good to hear. My main concern about ports is that they sacrifice features for compatibility. It sounds like the PS2 version may have been ported from the XBOX version. :)

Maybe I'll pick up this game after all.