PDA

View Full Version : xbox (halo) online, lamespy!? :( XBC!!! :)

TheDemyelinator
03-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Ok first of all, Lamespy is just full of it and I hate them forever.
www.XBConnect.com is the better way to play xbox online, with in game chat, and coming soon (probably by the time you read this). PING!

Come visit us on mirc dalnet #xbc ( http://dellxp.dns2go.com/jirc for the java applet chat).

For help getting xbox online, come to #xbox_online. XBC uses compression therefore it has lesss lag. Also no ads and it's free. Gamespy is for *****es, and they love to ban/mute people without telling them. But of course there are easy ways to get around these things, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Also gamespy gives playboy links to anyone who CLAIMS they are 18+ but if you mention one of these ads you get BANNED. Nice policy huh? lmao. Also on their forums if you dont say something nice about them they remove your post!! they are homos, and have some ****ty tunnel software. Bio is constantly updating XBC so come over if you like playing halo online.

hmm what did I miss? If your banned from gamespy, I hold a key, tell them bye, and you will see. I can open the door, locked or not, and spam to the floor, ****ed a shot. Yea yea whatever im losing it, but come talk to everyone's friend in xbc, they call him "Demy". (me?) hehe He shall give you help ;) ya hear me?

Welllllllllllll I'm bouncing like a fat kid holding a twinky falling down down stairs.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Sounds cool as I was already planning on checking it out as soon as tonight, when I get home. However, I have a question:

Why use mIRC to communicate if XBConnect already has a chat lounge? Just curious what the point is in that. The reason why I ask is that on XBoxconnector, mIRC is the only way to communicate, which I think hugz. It's so challenging trying to organize people.

One thing is for sure, Gamespy is exceptionally nice to organize people. This is one reason why I like Gamespy a lot. However, I completely agree that Gamespy has exceptional lag at times. I have used XBoxconnector many times and I find it to be a great place to play Halo on-line, however, it's horrible to organize games.

My ultimate question is: Will XBConnect provide a chat lounge as nice as Gamespy's or will it be subjected to inconveniences of XBoxconnector?

Don't get me wrong, there are pluses and minuses to both Gamespy and XBoxconnector....too bad they couldn't be combined to make things perfect! :)

Please respond when you can :)

TheDemyelinator
03-29-2002, 05:34 PM
in XBConnect's current state it doesn't have "lounge" chat, only chat once u connect to a game, but bio is always updating it, unlike gamespy new versions all the time. and soon enough it will have that, don't foget that version 1.0 hasn't even come out yet, it's only on .99i :) Right now the only alternative to organizing a game other than using mirc is from the master server list, when u create a game on xbc, you make the game header (type) and u can also put additional info so if you need 2+ etc... and you can kick people out of your room if they don't meet ur requirements, soon enough there will be integrated chat as Bio has said that it will be coming soon. and don't forget that the new site is www.XBConnect.com

yes I know xbc has it's flaws, but bio}{azard comes in the mirc channel once in a while and accepts any suggestions etc...
He is always working on it because he likes making it. Soon enough the weaknesses of xbc will be so minimal that no1 will care :) Well hope to see you in the mirc channel, also the mirc channel has operators who are available for any questions, and other people around the room who are willing to help. :)

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDemyelinator
in XBConnect's current state it doesn't have "lounge" chat, only chat once u connect to a game, but bio is always updating it, unlike gamespy new versions all the time. and soon enough it will have that, don't foget that version 1.0 hasn't even come out yet, it's only on .99i :) Right now the only alternative to organizing a game other than using mirc is from the master server list, when u create a game on xbc, you make the game header (type) and u can also put additional info so if you need 2+ etc... and you can kick people out of your room if they don't meet ur requirements, soon enough there will be integrated chat as Bio has said that it will be coming soon. and don't forget that the new site is www.XBConnect.com

yes I know xbc has it's flaws, but bio}{azard comes in the mirc channel once in a while and accepts any suggestions etc...
He is always working on it because he likes making it. Soon enough the weaknesses of xbc will be so minimal that no1 will care :) Well hope to see you in the mirc channel, also the mirc channel has operators who are available for any questions, and other people around the room who are willing to help. :)

That's cool, however, isn't XBoxconnecctor's mIRC channel: #XBC? Because, I thought XBoxconnector and XBConnect were different. Yes, I realize that someone from XBoxconnector created XBConnect, however, do they share the same mIRC room?

Bummer, I have to head home...I can check to see ifyou have replied to this when I get there. Or, I can just go to mIRC #XBC.

Thanks so far! :)

wweomaniac
03-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Is this a ripoff of XBOX Connector?? I have been using XBOX connector for some time and I have had no problem with it. This program sounds very similar to it.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
Is this a ripoff of XBOX Connector?? I have been using XBOX connector for some time and I have had no problem with it. This program sounds very similar to it.

It's supposed to be better...apparently, one of the people that made XBoxconnector created XBConnect. So, yes, apparently, they are similar, however, this is supposed to have more...like a chat server and ping rating system. Those are two MAJOR things that XBoxconnector lacks.

wweomaniac
03-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

It's supposed to be better...apparently, one of the people that made XBoxconnector created XBConnect. So, yes, apparently, they are similar, however, this is supposed to have more...like a chat server and ping rating system. Those are two MAJOR things that XBoxconnector lacks.

I see. I jsut finished downloading/installing xbox connect and I can tell you the interface looks better. Both programs look alike, but this one sticks out. I can understand how both of the programs were made by same people. I'm gonna uninstall XBOX connector and keep this one. Thanx a lot :)

TheDemyelinator
03-29-2002, 09:08 PM
in response to the question about the mirc channel. The channel #xbc supports both XBConnect and xboxconnector, xboxconnector will be developed at a much slower pace, but both will be supported in this channel.

Bio}{azard left xboxconnector to make his own thing XBConnect, and is constantly updating it, but xboxconnector will be updated as well, just at a slower pace

:)