PDA

View Full Version : Xbox at the New York Auto Show.

xfan2k2
03-29-2002, 09:06 PM
I woke up this morning(firday) at 8:00 to head out on my annual trip to the New York auto show. Well first let me say that the cars were awesome, I love what Audi and Volkswagen are doing with there cars. But as I was walking around I noticed several xbox display units playing games like Project Gotham and Rallisport. I thought that I would go over and see peoples reactions to the system so I could share them with you guys. Well first there were many people that were amaized by the graphics, and were convinced to buy the system. There was also this group of "punk-like" kids that were obvious ps2 fans. When they saw Rallisport challenge they tried to point out its flaws like "the handeling is teriable" and "this dosen't even come close to GTA". I guess some people are just foolish. But overall people were very impressed, as I hung out there for about 20 minutes. It is great that microsoft puts money into marketing like that.

If you have any opinions, or anthing post it below.

AlBoogy
03-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Sweet. How many XBox units were there in total? It would have been cool if they had a preview version of Sega GT up.

smack_roscoe
03-30-2002, 11:09 AM
That's cool to hear. I'll be going sometime during the middle of the week. Going this weekend will be asking for trouble. So ps2 kiddies were ranking on an xbox game. No surprise there. I just smile and pity them. They feel so left out I suppose. Oh well, they'll get their ps3 probably next year. Then they can argue how superior the hardware on the ps3 is superior to our box. Yawn.

Snoopy7548
03-30-2002, 11:31 AM
thats awesome, like 2-3 years ago, i went to the auto show with my dad, it was cool