PDA

View Full Version : Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance... What do you think will change on the way to the Box ?

Boneris
03-30-2002, 12:44 AM
I own and have played this game through several times in both single player and co-op on the PS/2. It's a great game, but with a little more ____ , it could be the ____ . (You fill the blanks ;) )

What do you think we can expect, and hope for, out of this version(or port if you will)?

I expect :

Higher res graphics running at 480p(as usual) *16x9 mode as well
DD 5.1 surround sound
More side quests(more on this below)
More items/weapons/armor...etc

Here's hoping for :

Xbox specific graphics out of the GPU(lighting,bitmapping,..etc),
One or more character class added
More side quests..
More enemies
More items/weapons/armor...etc (and make some of the magic ones "ID"able rather then the current setup that tells you everything about the item right when you aquire it).
Increase the size of the gameworld..
Ahh what the heck, a level editor while you're at it... :D
Ohh, and did I say, Add more side quests.. ;)

About the quests :

The game as it stands now is divided into 3 Acts. The first act has a "good deal" of side quests to add to the adventure. Sadly, the next two acts don't (less quests). Hopefully the developers can talk to a few of the NPC's in these area's and get them to add a few more quests to balance it all out. (I almost felt cheated from the lack of quests in these acts, but not enough to dislike the game for it...)

Last but not least :

For those that don't know, this game offers a good blend of RPG elements(leveling, collecting weapons/armor/magic items..) with good controllin hackin slashin fun gameplay.. :D

I will have this game on my watch list, though I expect I will break down and double dip on this title... What are your thoughts?