PDA

View Full Version : C&C On Your Xbox

E-Vader
03-30-2002, 01:39 AM
Command & Conquer on your Xbox,
Some interesting news about C&C developer Westwood Studios. Apparently the Las Vegas-based team has received several Xbox dev kits and first-person shooter C&C Renegade could be coming exclusively to Xbox!. Westwood is reworking the entire control system for the Xbox pad. It seems there's also a strong chance that we might get to see some classic Red Alert action on the Xbox.

In other news

Halo developer jumps genre?,
While on a visit to Bungie Studios, I noticed early work on what looked very much like a strategy title. From what I could garner about the game, known at this time as Grimorre, it was being pitched as a fantasy seige warfare title set in and around huge castles featuring dwarfs and humans as the main races.

These are just rumors so far taken from the Mole in OXM Australia.

sinizuh
03-30-2002, 03:35 AM
C&C Renegade is a horrible game

Rancey
03-30-2002, 06:26 AM
I agree with sinizuh, C&C Renegade makes me want to put a bullet through my head :eek:
...or I could just stop playing...:D

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 10:54 AM
Yeah, even though C&C came out recently, the graphics are otudated. I was going to bash the heck out of the game, but I guess people understand like me that the game sucks... so I won't waste my time.

Crazy Joe
03-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by E-Vader
In other news

While on a visit to Bungie Studios, I noticed early work on what looked very much like a strategy title. From what I could garner about the game, known at this time as Grimorre, it was being pitched as a fantasy seige warfare title set in and around huge castles featuring dwarfs and humans as the main races.

This sounds pretty sweet. I would definitely try this game out if it gets released.

CyberBOMB
03-30-2002, 02:17 PM
It probably isnt Command And Conquer Renegade they are working on but their next gen RTS game Command And Conquer Generals. The graphics on that game blow away Red Alert 2 and will feature camera movement like on Warcraft 3 beta (zoom) but also 360 degree movement of the camera too. If im not mistaken the arial battles it will blow you away. Given the right tweaks it could certainly maximize the xbox's hardware.

My favorite quote from when i worked at Toys 'R' Us:

"The Xbox is the game system that everyone wants. They just dont know it yet."

CyberBOMB

Bundy
03-30-2002, 03:28 PM
a C & C series would be a great addition to the Xbox family. If Westwood doesn't pull through then I hope somebody makes a good RTS, all they have to do is come up with a killer control scheme and the games will fly off the shelf, esp once xbox online is up and running.

Hugh_Jass
03-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by E-Vader

Maybe it's the next version of MYTH.

jschelm
03-31-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Bundy
a C & C series would be a great addition to the Xbox family. If Westwood doesn't pull through then I hope somebody makes a good RTS, all they have to do is come up with a killer control scheme and the games will fly off the shelf, esp once xbox online is up and running.

I agree. I can't wait to get a good strategy game. They have been out for all the other consoles and with XBox going online they are even more suited for it, so I guess we just have to wait a little while.