PDA

View Full Version : House of the Dead is OFFICIALLY being made into a MOVIE

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Appearantly, this had been announced for a long time, but I didn't know about it till now. The movie starts filiming in May.

Sega's popular arcade franchise is well suited for the big screen because of its basic premise of two ant-zombie government agents bent on kicking the ass of every zombie out there.

Yep, its true. SO this should be XBOX's first game to become a movie. The game comes out in June. And the movie starts production in May. So if the game does well, it could be a lot of publicty for the movie.

You can read more aboot it @ http://xbox.ign.com/objects/016/016719.html

Ninja Scroll
03-30-2002, 11:34 AM
That's good to hear, but as long as it does not include these to things the movie should be fine

1. Hopefully it wont be cheesy & cheap like that suck ass Resident Evil movie.

2. It wont be Cell Shaded like the upcoming Xbox version of HotD 3. I mean, we all want to be scared, not look at JSRF cartoon zombies!:D

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
That's good to hear, but as long as it does not include these to things the movie should be fine

1. Hopefully it wont be cheesy & cheap like that suck ass Resident Evil movie.

2. It wont be Cell Shaded like the upcoming Xbox version of HotD 3. I mean, we all want to be scared, not look at JSRF cartoon zombies!:D

I haven;t seen any pictures of the upcoming game HotD 3 for XBOX. Do you know anywhere I can find some pictures??

I'm sure that they will be using real people in the movie since it says "it will start shooting in May'. You don't shoot animations, you create them.

So find me some pics of HotD 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT21
03-30-2002, 12:43 PM
Here's a pic of HotD 3
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/102501/hotd_screen001.jpg

Ninja Scroll, RE really sucked?

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 01:01 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WTF??? OMG. Isn't this the same 3d game that you play in the arcades??? This isn't scary. In fact, this game looks funny. And thats not a zombie!! It looks more like a cel-shaded, walking piece of monkey crap. Gimme a break!!

ScorpionX
03-30-2002, 03:57 PM
House of The Dead controlling is horrible unless you have the gun. I bought the gun w/ the DC version and that made the game a lot better.

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
House of The Dead controlling is horrible unless you have the gun. I bought the gun w/ the DC version and that made the game a lot better.

Was the games cel-shaded for the dc version?

Ninja Scroll
03-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac

Was the games cel-shaded for the dc version?

No, the first two HotD games were your average 3D graphics. On the same lines as Time Crisis graphics.
Only the Xbox version of HotD will be cell-shaded.
I dont know what Sega is smoking, but you cant judge this game by it's cover. Once we eventually play it then we can judge for ourselves.

You never played the first 2 HotD's in the arcades??? :confused: .. Shoot, you missed out on a good time.

Im looking forward to the xbox gam, but if it does not come with an offical gun im not buying it.
That's why I skipped the DC version of HotD 2.

wweomaniac
03-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

You never played the first 2 HotD's in the arcades??? :confused: .. Shoot, you missed out on a good time.

No, no... I have played house of the dead at the arcades. Its wicked fun. Zombies come out from everywhere. I just find it strange that they could possibly be ruining a good franchise with this cel-shading crap.

Why is it that every non-sport sega game is now being cel shaded????

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Prediction: House of the Dead, and Dead or Alive hit the big screen in 2003, and both disappoint!

*wonders when they're going to make Halo into a movie*

:)