PDA

View Full Version : great. blood omen 2 defect? or controller?

Landc
03-30-2002, 11:22 AM
i just bought a xbox about 2 days ago. and i was very happy untill i was playing blood omen 2. which is the only game i have now by the way. and i went to block (with the left trigger) and guess what. kain just keep's blocking. so i didnt think much of it until it did it again. now i was ****ed. and what is strange about the whole thing is when i would load one of my other savings it wouldnt do it. untill i had been playing for about 30 mins. but then it would. so i plugged in my madcatz control pad pro. and it worked FINE. and to top it off. the A button feels totally different from the rest of them. it feels like someone has been mashing down on it for weeks straight and sometimes it doesnt work at all. so now it looks like i am going to have to dish out MORE money just to send the damn thing back and get another one. :mad: i am not happy about this at all. i'm sure not keeping that thing. so when the only reason i got an xbox (shenmue) comes out and a qte breaks out. A! *presses a but does nothing* eeeeaer!!. has anyone else had this problem?

Snoopy7548
03-30-2002, 11:28 AM
yea, my a button doesnt work unless i press it down pretty hard, but i just put that one in the 2nd controller port, and use my other one

azmodan
03-30-2002, 11:58 AM
yeah i know kain keeps blocking i just jump around a bit then he stops blocking lol its annoying when your fighting thouse spiders though cuz you cant move in time when they like spray you with their breath

Landc
03-30-2002, 12:03 PM
so your saying it might not be my controller? i could live with that a button being weird.

BORNGD
03-30-2002, 12:55 PM
thats odd, my copy doesnt have any flaws...

Kilik
03-30-2002, 08:51 PM
My controler works fine and so does my blood omenII.

xboxman_1
03-30-2002, 09:21 PM
I'm confused. Whats the problem? Just let go of L and Kain stops blocking. You can't do anything while Kain is blocking.

azmodan
03-30-2002, 11:11 PM
i dont think its your controler just put blocking on skilled that might fix it

Hobgoblin
03-31-2002, 07:18 AM
Anytime you get a lock up you have to put 2 game disks into the Xbox then put back your Blood Omen 2 disk. What is happening is the cached data on the hardrive get's corrupted. The Xbox will only cache 3 games at a time so by putting in the 2 other games you should be able to get that wiped off. You dont loose any saved data by doing this.

Strider_32002
03-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Im thinking about getting Blood Omen 2, is it or is it not messed up?

mahalan
03-31-2002, 12:10 PM
I run into something similar in BO2. Sometimes when I originally load the game, Kain will continually rotate or walk in one direction (as if I were holding one of the sticks).

All I do is hit the "Start" button and restart the game. It's taken care of it every time.

With how great this game is, I'll gladly put up with this one glitch.

Snoopy7548
03-31-2002, 05:17 PM
yea, sometimes that happens if like the button sticks or something, like in halo, sometimes he would just keep walking forward, but i found that happened cause my left joystick was pushed up just enough to make him walk

xboxman_1
03-31-2002, 09:47 PM
Im thinking about getting Blood Omen 2, is it or is it not messed up?
I've never had a problem, so no, I don't really think it's messed up. I would recommend buying it.