PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2

Smokey_O
03-30-2002, 12:57 PM
This should probably be a rental only. I haven't quite beaten the game yet (about 1/2 way through) but I can honestly say that I know what it's about.....

Graphics: Well, it's a port. I think that they did a good job porting this title, but it still lacks something that would make it stand out. The animations are great (I love chopping off someone's head) but the overall model of Kain (and the "NPC's") could look alot better if this was built from the ground up. Some of the models are a little blocky. But it's nice to see some blood in an Xbox game. The buildings and overall map is done nicely. 7/10

Gameplay: Not real impressive. The puzzles are quite easy (up to the point I got up to) and the fight's are too simple. Maybe if you had to direct you blocks this could have made it more difficult, but as it stands, it's not even up to Tomb Raider difficulty (it doesn't take alot of manuvering in order to kill something - EXCEPT bosses) but like I said earlier, the animations are cool. The Dark ifts are a nice touch, but the overall game kind of takes away from this department. 6/10

Sound: Everything sounds good, except for when someone talks to you (esp. in whisper mode) it seems that the ambiance volume overpowers it. But all other sounds/music are done nicely. I do like it when the music picks up when your about to fight.
8/10

Replay Value: I think this game seriously lacks in this department, and why I stress why this should be a rental only (unless you got the cash to spare) Once I beat it, I would probably only pull it out to show friends some of the animations, and dark gifts.
5/10

Overall: It's a fun game for a while, but it becomes quite repetitive after a while. I would have liked to see a larger range of enemies and citizens. As well as harder puzzels. The bosses don't take alot of time to figure out (die once, then it's cake) If this game wasn't a port-it would have turned out to be a much better game. 7/10

Personally I don't like to review a ported game. Basiclly the only thing you can evaluate is the differences between the two(+) versions, but since I haven't played it on PSII I had to rate this as an Xbox game, and it just didn't live up to the systems capibilites. (I know my spelling sucks) Well, since this is my personal opinion (some people don't seem to understand that)-let see how much I get flamed. :cool:

EDIT: Whoops..... I put this is the wrong thread (didn't mean to start a new one)..... Let the flames begin.....

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 01:51 AM
How is it a port if the 2 versions came out at the same time(PS2 and Xbox) Usually a port is something that gets brought over to another system after being out for a certain time....like NBA Street, that was ported to Cube from Playstaion 2.