PDA

View Full Version : A Plea to those in OKC!

techie
03-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Ok, before I start, let me say two things....one, this is not spam since I will keep the name of the person and his business out of this and two, yup, I have selfish reasons for what I'm asking.

Now, on to my plea!

My buddy owns his own video store and as any decent video store would, he rents games. Unfortunately for me and other's who own the Xbox, he currently does not have any Xbox games for rent. I have tried to get him to rent Xbox games, but so far he still only carries PS1 and 2 games.

Now before anyone thinks this is due to him favoring the PS2 to the Xbox, I would say that in his defense that he has to compete for business against the two giants (BB and HW), and that he is just barely making ends meet as is.

But after getting him to come to my place to check out the Xbox, he has finally agreed to rent Xbox games if he gets at least 25 people in our area requesting Xbox games. So I'm asking any Xbox owners who rent games in the OKC or surrounding areas, to consider contacting him and requesting Xbox games to rent. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who he is or the name of his store, but on request I can e-mail anyone who is interested the info.

As I said in the beginning that I had two reasons for this, one, I really want to see my buddy make a success of his business, which is pretty hard today for the little guy to make it against corporate america, and two, since his store is located in my neighborhood, I could just walk across the street and rent my games!