PDA

View Full Version : deathrow??

monkeyman
03-30-2002, 07:21 PM
REPORTED BY Corey Brotherson
Ubi Soft will be bringing a new team-based combat game exclusively to Xbox, called Deathrow.

Swedish developer SouthEnd is coding the game that features full contact aggression as two teams of four square-off in a combat arena to score points with the game ball or by maiming the competition. Set in a third-person viewpoint, players can manage and customise their teams, gaining speed and power bonuses and using money to correct injuries and buy equipment.

"Deathrow has the perfect combination of aggressive hand-to-hand combat, third person action and co-operative team play to appeal to action, fighting and sports gamers alike," said Anne Blondel, director of third-party development, Europe, at Ubi Soft Entertainment. "This is an incredibly competitive game that will definitely pump up your heart rate as you experience all of the intensity and action it has to offer."

The game will also have over 130 unique characters, 15+ combat sports arena locations, over 13 different teams and multiplayer support for up to eight players. Xbox's capabilities will also be used to provide bump-mapping, specular lighting and bumped reflection mapping for the visuals and the ability for users to import their own music.

Deathrow is scheduled for release worldwide in autumn 2002.

http://www.gamesdomain.com/news/images/defrow_01t.jpg

http://www.gamesdomain.com/news/images/defrow_02t.jpg

what do you people think of this game?? i thought it was a cool idea for a game so thats why i posted it but i dont think ill get it

sinizuh
03-30-2002, 07:28 PM
online play? it would be much better with online play.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-31-2002, 12:59 PM
Yea, thats tru...it would be tyte with online play. These developers need to cut the crap and begin to use the features of the XBOX that pulls it aways from the competion!...they are wasting good hardware if they dont include stuff like CD-Ripping, Online Play and all the other stuff that the XBOX is capable of:cool:

But on the other hand, the game looks good, and sounds like fun, hopefully it stays and plays that way:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad: