PDA

View Full Version : what 2 games to get with xbox?

lost
03-31-2002, 08:03 AM
Ok im poor but im gettin xbox and 2 games, which 2 games have the best replay value and fun of all??? my choices are...

1. halo
2. tony hawk pro skater3
3. jet set radio future
4. rallisport challange
5. amped

;)

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 11:12 AM
1.Halo <-----A must get definitely

2.tony hawk pro skater3<------A descent game, nice levels to bust tricks

3.jet set radio future<-----Great game if you liked the previous title on Dreamcast.

4.rallisport challange<------Rally racing like never before, awesome game nice selection of cars and tracks

5.amped<------Not really a game that someone would own, more of a rental

DT21
03-31-2002, 11:50 AM
Get Halo and a sports game. Those should last a while.

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Ok, now that someone said a sport title lets look at what Xbox has to offer.

NBA 2K2<------Awesome well balanced all around hoop slamming BBall game

NBA Inside Drive 2002<------Not as good as NBA 2K2, falls short in a few areas...not really recommended.

NFL Fever 2002<------Great game, though I wasn't too fond of it but it has its strong points.

Knockout Kings 2002<------Awesome boxing title, the controls are good and the visuals are top knotch.

Madden 2002<------THE SIMULATION OF SIMULATIONS,good game though

Triple Play 2002<----Horrible game, save yourself some dignity and forget you saw this title in my post

All-Star Baseball 2003<------Great Baseball gme with alot of options to keep one busy for a good while.

Jacob
03-31-2002, 06:24 PM
I would get 1 and..hmm depends on what you like
Just whatever don't get amped...rent it

y2kash_14
04-01-2002, 12:05 AM
I bought Halo and NFL Fever before i even bought the Xbox, and when i got the Xbox on Launch day i bought Amped.

studepaber
04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Definitely get Halo, but if you're looking for a snowboarding game get SSX Tricky over Amped, it's way better. Rallisport is also a great game that is almost guaranteed fun for anybody.

Plewis
04-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Halo- of course
JSRF- I like it. It would be the best choice if you like it.. you should rent it first.
NBA 2K2- If your set on a sports game you should get this one... its awesome

Halo Evolved
04-01-2002, 12:09 PM
If you are big on the outtake sport games that have an arcade feel to them I recommend NFL Blitz 20-02, the game is insane and alot of fun to play.Totally revamped from the older blitz titles with new player models fashioned from John Turk(did modeling for Mortal Kombat Games) and all the motion capture is done nicely with wires to make the hits look oh so nice.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Without hesitation

1: HALO!

2:..well with Halo being your first game, all the other games wont see daylight for about a month or two:cool: But if you want pick a second one after HALO then Try a sports game, like NFL FEVER 2002:cool:

P.S. Avoid WWF RAW at all costs(fair warning)...wait for WWF RAW 2

Untill next time...:mad:

Halo Evolved
04-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey, there is nothing really wrong with RAW....it is just the fact that we have been spoiled with the likes of Smackdown...with its easy as dirt gameplay and lots of extras through in. I play RAW a good hour or 2 a day and still enjoy it. It offers a better challange than any wrestling title on the next gen systems(that includes Royal Rumble on DC). Yes the CAW section is severly underdeveloped but once again that is because alot of players were spoiled with the Smackdown franchise CAW section. If you argue over the fact that there is only the RAW arena to fight in lemme say this....who actually stops to admire the ring/arena while in a match? The table interface in RAW is alot better and realistic than Smackdown and No Mecy, Jackhammering an opponent off the ring apron though a table on the outside is probably the best looking move I have ever seen.

HHH character model looks like crap!

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Hmm..i doubt that i was in anyway spoiled by Smackdown because i'm not a big fan of the Smackdown franchise..but if i was spoiled it was done my the THQ N64 franchise(WM 2000 and No Mercy)..all i'm saying is that they should have done a much better job than what they did with RAW. And they release the game with such an outdated roster?!?

But i'm not saying its absolute garbage, just not enough replay value(and thats really bad for a wrestling game). And what the hell is with a grappling sysem that seems to barely allow you to use the "A" grappling moves almost all through the match?!?
But i do not expect the next installment to make such ignorant mistakes:mad:

Untill next time...:mad:

OZXboxAddict
04-02-2002, 10:09 PM
But if you can stretch yourself to get three games you should get

Halo
JSRF
Rallisport Challenge

They are the best three games on Xbox in my humble opinion, they really show of the potential of the Xbox and have great gameplay that should keep you enthralled for months

Halo Evolved
04-03-2002, 09:34 AM
You were spoiled by N64 THQ titles that were developed by AKI while RAW was developed by Anchor. Different developer different approach.