PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind...I'm sold.

mahalan
03-31-2002, 12:15 PM
At first I was pretty hesitant about the idea of Morrowind. Yeah, it sounded like a great game - after all, I love RPGs. But I was hesitant about it since it wasn't an MMORPG. Additionally, I figured I'd probably get it for the PC if I got it in order to get the expansion toolkit.

Now I've read more about it and heard: a) it's the best Xbox title at E3, b) the expansion kit will be made available for the Xbox via the Internet, c) the world you're playing in is absolutely huge - almost as big as Daggerfall, and d) the play is almost completely freeform - you can even kill plot crucial NPCs.

The only thing better would be if it came with a lifetime supply of Cabernet. Can't wait for the release.

E-Xbox
03-31-2002, 12:42 PM
good job....

now u have realized wat almost everyone has already ......

peace

datalink7
03-31-2002, 11:52 PM
I am definently getting this title as well. The only thing I have to decide is whether to get it for the XBOX or the PC. Anyone have (as unbiased as possible) opinions and which would be the better system? I have a pretty good computer (T-Bird 1.33ghz, Geforce 3, 512mb DDR Ram, etc.) so it isn't like it will lag behind the XBOX like some systems would.

Can anyone give me the pluses and minuses for each system?

baggachipz
04-01-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by datalink7
I am definently getting this title as well. The only thing I have to decide is whether to get it for the XBOX or the PC. Anyone have (as unbiased as possible) opinions and which would be the better system? I have a pretty good computer (T-Bird 1.33ghz, Geforce 3, 512mb DDR Ram, etc.) so it isn't like it will lag behind the XBOX like some systems would.

Can anyone give me the pluses and minuses for each system?

Dude, I'm willing to bet that it would still run better on the xbox. Why, you ask? Because, there's so many variables with running games on the PC; what works on one PC won't work on another. It's a problem as old as pc gaming itself. On a console, you *know* it's gonna work. Far as the hardware specs, sure your machine has "faster" guts -- but the xbox doesn't worry about all the overhead of an OS and all the other apps that you run as well.

Thus, better performance + 100% reliability = get it on xbox

mahalan
04-03-2002, 11:11 AM
The two original drawbacks I had to this game were:

a) single player, and
b) the construction kit only being available for the PC.

Since b is no longer an issue, I'm definitely getting it for the Xbox. PC gaming can have too many glitches due to compatability. I still wish this were a multiplayer game but despite that I'm keeping time based upon the number of days until Morrowind's release.

Crazy Joe
04-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
The two original drawbacks I had to this game were:

a) single player, and
b) the construction kit only being available for the PC.

Since b is no longer an issue, I'm definitely getting it for the Xbox.

Where did you find that they were releasing the construction kit?
do you have a link, cause that would be awesome.

datalink7
04-03-2002, 04:01 PM
I'm sold as well... I just have to decide between PC or XBOX.

xbaaddict
04-03-2002, 05:10 PM
this game is going to be the shiz naz. i cant wait to get it only a little more than 3 weeks!

mahalan
04-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Here's the link talking about how the toolkit may be available to Xbox owners once the online service is going.

http://www.gamecritics.com/preview/xbox_morrowind_12.html

Crazy Joe
04-03-2002, 05:52 PM
However, it MAY be available for download next year since the Xbox’s broadband service should be in full swing by then.

Key word in this is it MAY be available. It would be awesome, but it's not for sure yet. Thanks for the link though, the site is sweet.

mahalan
04-03-2002, 05:54 PM
True. Let's face it, if Morrowind takes off on the Xbox like it should, Bethesda will release the editor sooner rather than later. It's not as if it will be too technically challenging to make it available to us. After that, it's just an issue of letting Microsoft ftp it to their servers.

Crazy Joe
04-03-2002, 05:56 PM
I hope it happens, although, an editor might be tough to streamline for the Xbox controllers. With a mouse and keyboard, it's easy, but a controller may pose more difficulty.

mahalan
04-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Check out the trailer on the Bethesda Softworks site. The editor is scroll-down menu based. This makes using it with a controller as easy as with a keyboard! The only exception is the text box used to name new creations.

Mabus
04-03-2002, 06:32 PM
I don't know if its just me but I've looked at the screens and they look fricken terrible. This game looks like a renter not a buyer. Just so you know, i'm not a graphics zombie, i just don't like how its set up either.

Calve
04-03-2002, 06:34 PM
This game is gonna kick ass!!!!

It releases one day b4 my bday!!! What a nice present!!!! :D

This is on my pre-owned list!!!!

Peace

Frostberg
04-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show
out of all amd's t-bird's are the worst, ya ya i know u have over 1 gig but still, t-bird's are known to jack up and trust me, i had my t-bird for 1 year and i upgraded..u should get a new motherbored i recommencd the new amd xp chip, go for like 1.3, u can find one of those for like less than 200 dollers,

hmm I hope you mean the Athlon XP Processor...and what is this 1.3 business? They are up to 2200+ already, so for cost get the 2000+ or so... then get the iWill XP333 mobo....and some crucial PC2100 DDR RAM...blarg get a GeForce4 too!