PDA

View Full Version : video card help

VenoM
03-31-2002, 02:03 PM
hey guys....i think its time to get a new video card...i cant take the crap im having with the one i have now......its a voodoo3 2000 pci....i have tons of games and i cant play them all...well anyways...im wanting to get a geforce 3 but im not sure if theres a geforce3 version that supports pci since i dont have a agp slot......dont really want a geforce4 cause there to damn expensive and the mx geforce4 is crap i heard....and i dont really want a 2....was really wanting a 3 but if there isnt a geforce 3 pci then i guess im gonna have to go with the 2 or 4...if anything ,what is the best pci video card out right now....thanks :)

gtaplayer
03-31-2002, 05:11 PM
gforce3 ti200 is what u gotta man...especially if u dont wanna waste alot of money this card is rated be price/performance card on the market ucan find it at houseofcomputers for 112$...but check on pricewatch...dude dont get voodoo..its horrible...wat games u gonna play with the card u gettin wat kinda cpu u got?

Snoopy7548
03-31-2002, 06:36 PM
all i have is the voodoo banshee, but its really a quantum3d raven, but it has the banshee chipset, the only game i play is cs, and it plays fine, so i dont need to upgrade

VenoM
03-31-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
gforce3 ti200 is what u gotta man...especially if u dont wanna waste alot of money this card is rated be price/performance card on the market ucan find it at houseofcomputers for 112$...but check on pricewatch...dude dont get voodoo..its horrible...wat games u gonna play with the card u gettin wat kinda cpu u got?

thats not a pci card though is it?...i think its an agp card....the only one i seen at that site was the PCI 64Mb Geforce2 Mx400 Video Card ...looks like thats the best pci card they have on the site for 75 bucks...it has to be way better then the old voodoo 3 2000 one i have though......i have tons of games from fps's to strategy and tons more other games i wanna play but cant cause im having a problem with my video being to freaking dark to see anything.....ive tried updating the drivers and using 3rd party drivers and everything else from the gamma settings and all and i just give up....i guess its time to move on to another video card....the one i have aint that great anyways maybe it was 2 years ago but not now...my system isnt all that either,what i really need is a new pc but i think getting a good video card now will atleast let me play some of the games i have now which im dying to play but cant...i have a k62 500 system with 160mb or ram...its decent but not the greatest....thanks....anybody else knows any good pci cards...let me know :)

gtaplayer
03-31-2002, 06:50 PM
dude pci is old...u gotta get agp...if u have a problem playing cs its prob cuz u got pgi card...look around for a good agp card if like i said get u want the card w/ best price/performace get the gforce3 ti200 its good..lol dude those no way ur card can be dark its ur monitor...so change that..but if ur gonna waste money on vid card defnilt consider geforce its way better then any voodoo