PDA

View Full Version : which game is the longest u've ever played???

No Fear 23
03-31-2002, 02:55 PM
with the games that i owned, i think pgr is the longest.

whats urs?

Niner Six
03-31-2002, 04:39 PM
I've got Halo, Munch's Oddysee, WWF Raw, NHL Hitz 20 02, SSX Tricky, DOA 3 and Ralli Sport Challenge, believe it or not i've been playing NHL Hitz the most - i've racked up 142 games thus far, it's very addictive, the others are great too and i'm sure i'll get around to them sometime soon.

monkeyman
03-31-2002, 04:49 PM
halo i have been playing that for a couple of months now cause i have been waiting for morrowind and i found out its coming out in may so now im gonna be getting something else

JADE8704
03-31-2002, 04:56 PM
i'd have to say halo...even though i've passed it on legendary 10 times now(yes, i've been counting :D), the graphics and gameplay bring me back every time :)

TEA
03-31-2002, 06:49 PM
NBA2K2's franchise is what keeps me maybe I'll try season next.Will I ever get through with the franchise.But I love Crossovering(??is that a word) and killing the goal.

sinizuh
03-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Half Life. nearly 3 years now. (counter strike rox)

The Terminator
03-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Quake 2 was the game I've played for the longest. I got it when it was released, and I stopped playing it late last year. And yes, I had Quake 3 when that was released also, but it just did not have the mods Q2 did.

Xbox Owner
03-31-2002, 07:26 PM
thps 3, i beat it 4 times today...just trien to unlock everything

Bundy
03-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
thps 3, i beat it 4 times today...just trien to unlock everything

4 times today???? damn seems kinda crazy to me.

Shadow Fox
03-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Tie between:

FFIV
Star Ocean
Star Ocean 2
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Zelda 1 (both quests)
Grandia 2

Longest FPS I've ever played was Doom 64- Entirely too many stages; all hard as f#@k on Nightmare difficulty- even moreso than Halo's Legendary and UT's Godlike modes.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

JADE8704
03-31-2002, 08:13 PM
the longest game i've ever played non stop was phoenix on a TI 83 calculator(for those of you who've played the game, you should know why...its addicting!:eek:) played it for 7 hours while on my flight to the philippines last summer:)

Ninja Scroll
03-31-2002, 08:24 PM
Is this just an Xbox question or overall?
Well I own DOA3, Halo, Genma Onimusha, Max Lame, WWF RAW, & just bought GUNVALKYRIE. So out of those 6 Xbox titles Halo got the most playing time by far.
RAW got the least with no more than 4-5 hours total playing time,..yeah, pretty sad aint it.:(

Overall:

1. Skies Of Arcadia (DC)- Best.Game.Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Final Fantasy VII (PSOne, for the record, played on a friends system, Ninja never supports Phoney,..er.. I mean Sony:D )
3. All Street Fighter versions!

Toonz
03-31-2002, 08:27 PM
Starcraft and Broodwar. I have been playin 5-10 hours/week ever since the first day it came out.

~nVidia~
03-31-2002, 08:35 PM
For me, I would have to say its between:

007:Goldeneye(N64)

HALO

and....

PGR.

Man, PGR takes along time to unlock all the cars.

LynxFX
03-31-2002, 09:04 PM
UT Assault followed by Q2 XCTF.

On the Xbox probably Halo the most followed by Wreckless and Amped.

Frost
03-31-2002, 10:07 PM
Easily Starcraft. Played it nonstop for four years. A lot of memories in that game. As far as xbox games go though, Halo.

Plewis
03-31-2002, 10:14 PM
age of empires II. I played that game at least an hour a night for about a year. I love multiplayer online! My grades went way down though. The only reason I stopped was because I got grounded from it.:( I'll never dare go back... it's like a drug:D

LynxFX
03-31-2002, 10:40 PM
I have Age of Empires II installed on my work laptop. Whenever I fly I always play that or if I'm bored at work I'll start it up. Not sure how many hours have been logged on that with just flying, but I went about 125,000 miles last year.

wweomaniac
03-31-2002, 11:09 PM
I would say THPS3. When Halo came out and I was playing that game like mad, I thought that no game could get more addictive, but then THPS3 came out and at first, I didn't understand why people played it so much, but then I unveiled a secret character and I felt that I had to keep on getting more. So far I've beaten the game 10 times and I am able to beat the game in aboot an hour and a half. I would say the game is hella cool.

NomadLLama
03-31-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Tie between:

FFIV
Star Ocean
Star Ocean 2
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Zelda 1 (both quests)
Grandia 2

Longest FPS I've ever played was Doom 64- Entirely too many stages; all hard as f#@k on Nightmare difficulty- even moreso than Halo's Legendary and UT's Godlike modes.

wait, i just noticed that Chronotrigger was on that list. man, i looked at my gametime for that game just a couple minutes ago, i played it through only once, it was 17:31. i finished all side quests, got all weapons except for the ones that u couldn't get because the one u got was replaced with that one, and got into New Game+. longest game for me? Starcraft and the expansion. darn, that last mission for the expansion just sucked. its too long. i looked at the time when i was finished and it said about 7 hours for that single mission the first time i beat it. and Age of Empires II, and The Conqueror's expansion. Montezuma was near impossible...

datalink7
03-31-2002, 11:24 PM
Baldurs Gate II. Do every single side quest, and it can last over 200 hours.

I beat it 2 times doing every side quest. Once with an evil party and once with good party. (the second time was less than 200 hours since I knew what to do).

E-Vader
04-01-2002, 01:38 AM
The most time I've spent playing a game would be around 20 hours or so on Deus Ex.

Game to finish around 3 years on Starcraft.

Xbox games I'm spending all my time on Munch right now 1 week.

I like to finish one game before going onto the next so after I finish Munch I'll get stuck into Halo.

Shadow Fox
04-01-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

wait, i just noticed that Chronotrigger was on that list. man, i looked at my gametime for that game just a couple minutes ago, i played it through only once, it was 17:31. i finished all side quests, got all weapons except for the ones that u couldn't get because the one u got was replaced with that one, and got into New Game+. longest game for me? Starcraft and the expansion. darn, that last mission for the expansion just sucked. its too long. i looked at the time when i was finished and it said about 7 hours for that single mission the first time i beat it. and Age of Empires II, and The Conqueror's expansion. Montezuma was near impossible... Well playing on New game + to find all the secrets over again (with all the spells maxed out, and revisiting all the epilogues), I punched in about 90+ hours for all the different endings. Plus, it's kinda cool seeing all the different characters' reactions to Lavos.

Here I may also note that my logged time playing Killer Instinct II and Super SF II Turbo has spanned somewhere from 6 to 9 years (respectively). What a pain it was to figure out Spinal's 79-hit Ultra (I hate playing with that sorry ba$tard)...

JJaX
04-01-2002, 07:42 AM
Soul calibur!

200+ hours and another 200+ hours on a few memory cards.

Shadow Fox
04-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Soul calibur!

200+ hours and another 200+ hours on a few memory cards. Now THAT game is one I still play on my DC. I unlocked everything in a few hours though (3 roughly), so the solo mode didn't last too long for me...

But alas, the VS mode and challenge modes are god- just like Tekken Bowl and Tekken Force...;)

JJaX
04-01-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Now THAT game is one I still play on my DC. I unlocked everything in a few hours though (3 roughly), so the solo mode didn't last too long for me...

But alas, the VS mode and challenge modes are god- just like Tekken Bowl and Tekken Force...;)

Yeah, I racked up all that game time playing other good players. Single player only lasted a few. But the practice + survival mode are cool to have to tone up your skillz.

Ninja Scroll
04-01-2002, 09:41 AM
Soul calibur!

200+ hours and another 200+ hours on a few memory cards.

Too bad all those hours of gameplay will be for nothing if you ever played your Role Model- Ninja Jubei!:rolleyes:

**jjax challenges Ninja at Soul Calibur and gets creamed repeatedly with sorry characters like Valdo!**

Spaztic
04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
tecmo super bowl! Man I played the hell out of that game!

04-01-2002, 10:09 AM
Last year my buddies and I dug out the original nintendo and played Zelda and Megaman like mad when it was too hot outside. That's the only thing that comes to mind of playing the longest.

BIG_BUTTER
04-01-2002, 10:14 AM
ya the longest game i think i have played first was legend of zelda for the nes.

now its UNREAL TOURNAMENT (pc). this game rocks.and good gameplay!

keep fit and have fun!!!!!

JJaX
04-01-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Too bad all those hours of gameplay will be for nothing if you ever played your Role Model- Ninja Jubei!:rolleyes:

**jjax challenges Ninja at Soul Calibur and gets creamed repeatedly with sorry characters like Valdo!**

You dont know how many times ive heard people talk big but come up short. Im SC skillz are beyond Elite, And id love to shut you down BWaI!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Halo, hands down. I've played this game an average of 2-3 hours every day since November 15th! Some days, I've played as much as 12 hours! No joke! But, only a couple days like that...some other days I would play it as much as 8 hours straight (not hard to do, seriously), especially if playing on-line with a bunch of buddies. But, if I am by myself, I easily put in 2-3 hours a night...sometimes 20 minutes, other times 4 hours.

But, if I put multi-player aside and stated a game that has taken a long time to beat, I would easily say Azurik. That's one long game!!!

E Nomini Patri
04-01-2002, 06:19 PM
I would have to say Halo. I've put alot of time into it (alot more if I could play online :(). Other than that, Goldeneye 64. But, OO7 got boring since the missions were easy. :(

Shadow Fox
04-01-2002, 10:20 PM

Yeah, I racked up all that game time playing other good players. Single player only lasted a few. But the practice + survival mode are cool to have to tone up your skillz. Yeah, I used to be the ish at that the first time I played it...I was so used to doing guard impacts and parries in the arcade version, it was no sweat jumping onto DC.

Now, I probably suck though; haven't played anyone really good at the game except a few; and I still wind up getting a perfect or eight out of them before I'm done...

If there was competition here...:(

*Sticks to Tekken 4, TTT, and KI2 where he is unmatched*

xbaaddict
04-02-2002, 07:15 AM
pso man i hands down have played that game over 400 hours. I was addicted so bad untill i heard news of a new console coming out (it starts with X and finishes with box):cool: :cool:

-WorldSpawn-
04-02-2002, 07:57 AM
Half-Life has been the game I've played the longest.... almost 3.5 years now. Of course I'm playing different Mods of the game and not just the single player. I'm still addicted to the Day of Defeat mod, and eagerly awaiting the counter-strike update that will banish cheaters!
Besides HL, I played GoldenEye for the N64 for a long time. Unlocked all the special stuff in single-player, and spent many long nights on the multi-player with a bunch of room-mates.
I haven't had the time necessary to put towards my Xbox games yet, but Halo still holds the record with Rallysport coming in a close second.

clintb
04-03-2002, 12:30 PM
In one sitting: Halo - 12hrs
Longest consecutive playing: Doom II - months

NsomniA
04-03-2002, 01:39 PM
THPS2 - 10 hours straight on PS1
HALO - I dunno how long. Started playing when I got home from work and stopped the next morning when I had to leave for work.