PDA

View Full Version : Project Ego..ONLY A 20HR GAME!?!?

Xbox Owner
03-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Here is the link:( (http://www.funxbox.com/filters/control/news/fullnews.php?id=22)

I hope it's not so:(

And finally; Dene Carter addressed the unfortunate news that Project Ego will have a playing time of approx. 20 hours

Snoopy7548
03-31-2002, 05:28 PM
i dont think thats such a bad idea, cause like if it was 50 hours, or 100, people would get so bored of doing the same thing over and over again. 20 hours is a good time to keep their interest and stuff. and if you finish the game quick, start a new one, from what they said about the game, im guessing no 2 games are the same, because everything you do in the beginning (become good or evil, do other stuff), probly affects the rest of the game, and there are probly alot of things to do.

FuNkY mOnK
03-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Last rpg I played was so long that I keep forgetting what I had to do, and would lose key elements of the game. So in a way I’m sure this will be the right choice. Why did someone have to remind me about project ego again, I just started to get some sleep.

E-Xbox
03-31-2002, 09:15 PM
yo xboxowner
there is already a big thread bout this...
but n e ways
i think that this sux
20 hours ....wtf
ive played halo more than that....

peace

~nVidia~
03-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Well, I know that suxs.

But....

if you are willing to wait....

Get Morrowind!!!

Frost
03-31-2002, 10:03 PM
The 20 hours probably applies to going straight through the story line. There'll probably a crapload of side quests and buffing your character and so on. Take Diablo 2 for example. Startiing from scratch, I can beat baal in a matter of hours in normal. I still put hundreds of hours into that game however. Hopefully, it'll be the same kind of deal. Otherwise, there goes one of my most wanted games.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-31-2002, 10:26 PM
20 HRS is fine with me, because if it wasnt then one would loose interest in the dam game, like i did with Final Fantasy 1(no actually that just sucked!)

Anyways the game will still be one of the best RPGs on either way you put it:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Frost
03-31-2002, 10:34 PM
If for some jacked up reason that the entire game consisted of 20 hours, I'll proabably skip it. The reason being because one of the best part of RPG's is spending hours upon hours buffing your character. Doing the same areas over and over on single player will get real boring real fast so we'll just have to wait and see.

wweomaniac
03-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
yo xboxowner
there is already a big thread bout this...
but n e ways
i think that this sux
20 hours ....wtf
ive played halo more than that....

peace

YEAH!!! YOU STOLE FROM MY THREAD...

you ungrateful..

meh... oh well. What can i do?

datalink7
03-31-2002, 11:29 PM
If this is going straight trough the game without doing any side quests, 20 hours is an alright ammount of time (though me being and RPG fanatic would have loved more).

If this is with doing every side quest, then 20 hours is a crying shame. That is nothing. Beat the game in 2 days? I seriously hope that this isn't the case.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 08:07 AM
20 hours isnt that short for this type of game. It will never be the same every 2 times you play. i think 20 hours is just right.

FuNkY mOnK
04-01-2002, 08:51 AM
A friend of mine is playing FFX, the game was clocked at 40 hours from developers, my friend as now got 150 hours and still hasn’t finished it after all that needs to be done.

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 12:59 PM
maybe they forgot a zero....and they really meant 200??!?!?...20 does seem a little shy to me also...even if that is playing straight through w/ side quest etc.... i guess there is one good aspect if that is the truth then..if it only 20 hours long....we shouldn't have any probs beating the game and making a decision on wether the replay value was high enuff to keep, within the 10 day return period stores such as EB give their cutomers. i'm really hoping thats a game thats not gonna get returned.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Because I'm not so heavily into RPGs, I think that 20 hours is perfect! Keep in mind, however, that you can be whatever you want...as good as you want or as bad as you want. The replay value on Project Ego is going to be huge depending on how you want to position yourself in the world of the game.

I've never looked forward to getting an RPG like this one...so, I, personally, think that Project Ego is going to be something very special! :)

Woocifer
04-01-2002, 03:29 PM
I have a feeling the guy should have just kept his mouth shut and let everyone figure out how long they want to spend on the game. 20 hours is stupid for an RPG, that is basically like Silent Hill...and that is not an RPG.

What keeps bugging me is that this entire RPG is about TIME and so they take it away from us?? this basically means that if you start a game and the idea behind the tree growing can happen infront of your eyes during an entire days worth of gaming, how foolish is that? In 20 hours does that mean you will only live a few days in the game?

Anyway this whole idea of 20 hours has grown to an urban legend heh If I beat the game, I'll start over...if I get tired of the game, then I will have that family they let me have and then slaughter them and strain them through a straw into a horses arse... Deny me of a long game and I'm going to do some of the weirdest screwed up stuff in a game in spite of it...so it should be fun none the less.... but I am severely disappointed in the idea of making 'the best RPG ever' and then going welllllll....lets make it so even people who don't like RPGs play it. In fact lets take away the stats, make it about 10 hours long, put the guys in a car and call it Wreckless.....

I mean really you don't sell bananas to people who don't like bananas, and then come up with the idea of filling the banana peels with strawberry jam just so others who like strawberries and not bananas, will buy the bananas.

That's a ****LOAD of bananas....

I'm done... :P

Spaztic
04-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Hell ya that is great news to me! The main reason I didn't want to get morrowind was because 100+ hours of gameplay I could never play that much and I probably loose interest since. GTA3, Hunter, unreal, bruteforce, and so on and so forth! Oh yeah did I mention hunter was comming out!

Crazy Joe
04-01-2002, 10:20 PM
holy crap! does anyone read through threads before they post a new thread, this has been brought up at least 3 times before. This is what i have posted in a previous thread, as you can see, the gameplay time can easily be stretched out, and there is a lot of replay value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually the minimum time it will take is 20 hours, if you go straight from beginning to the end, with no optional side quests and don't get caught up in anything. ex. thrown in jail, join a clan of thieves.

Like Maximus said, the object is to find out who killed someone in your family, in reality you could do this in 3 days, 3 weeks or 30 years. This only makes the game more open-ended for the user.

http://www.gamespy.com/gdc2002/molyneux/index3.shtm

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for gameplay, he promises players at least "20 hours of amazing incredible gameplay if you play straight through with no distractions or side quests. But your character could get thrown in jail for ten years; he could get married, have kids and take a break from adventuring or choose any of a number of other ways to play the game. We are balancing the game around great entertainment, not on how difficult we can make it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bakeman
04-01-2002, 11:29 PM
If this is with doing every side quest, then 20 hours is a crying shame. That is nothing. Beat the game in 2 days? I seriously hope that this isn't the case.

DUDE! Look at what you just said.... 20 hours.. TWO DAYS!!

that is 10 hours a day! That is WAY TO MUCH playing!

xbaaddict
04-01-2002, 11:38 PM
20 hours is bs that isnt even a role playing game...blodd omen 2 is 20 to 30 hours and i beat it in twelve if this game is the same way that would suck

datalink7
04-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman

DUDE! Look at what you just said.... 20 hours.. TWO DAYS!!

that is 10 hours a day! That is WAY TO MUCH playing!

When a game is as awesome as Project Ego looks, I play it to death.

But even at 5 hours a day, that is still only 4 days. That is nothing for your typical RPG.

Bakeman
04-02-2002, 01:02 AM
That's true 4 days isn't much for a typical RPG

But then again this isn't really a typical RPG is it?

20 Hours does seem short.. but I have a feeling that is for the main storyline.. it doesn't seem logical for them to make the WHOLE game only 20 hours

datalink7
04-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman
That's true 4 days isn't much for a typical RPG

But then again this isn't really a typical RPG is it?

20 Hours does seem short.. but I have a feeling that is for the main storyline.. it doesn't seem logical for them to make the WHOLE game only 20 hours

Yes, that is what I am thinking (and hoping!). No matter what, I think this game will rock. It would just be dissapointing if you only had 20 hours of gameplay all together, even if it is awesome gameplay.

Bakeman
04-02-2002, 02:27 AM
I'm not even a RGP fan... but I am interested in this game...

the gameplay sounds so much better then other games that has been out in the past

Crazy Joe
04-02-2002, 12:11 PM
20 HOURS IS STRAIGHT THROUGH!!!!!!!

read my post above to read the article.

no need to worry.

darianX
04-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Ok, let's get this 20 hour thing straight....my bet is that the game keeps track of your in-game playing time, in otherwords it will "reset" if you get killed and start again at a save. Silent Hill did that...it told me I clocked 11 hours total, and I sure as h3ll played longer than 11 hours. Some levels took 3 days for me to finish them!!

I really think everyone needs to calm down about this "time to finish the game" issue. It's only recently that game length has become a center stage attraction....

And to finish...I don't know what kind of game this really is, but Peter Molyneaux's previous games were all god-type games. I had Black and White and got real bored real fast with all the micromangement, so I wouldn't complain if this was only 20 hours...

Boju
04-04-2002, 10:01 PM
I think 20 hours is fine!!!!!

I wouldn't want to sit on my butt and play a 40 hour game!

I know it wont last as long....but that 20 hours is how long it probably took the creators to beat the game...and they know exactly what they are doing!

Regardless....i'm still buying the game!

gtaplayer
04-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Boju
I think 20 hours is fine!!!!!

I wouldn't want to sit on my butt and play a 40 hour game!

I know it wont last as long....but that 20 hours is how long it probably took the creators to beat the game...and they know exactly what they are doing!

Regardless....i'm still buying the game!

no u wouldnt sit on ur but and play a 40 hour game straight...but in a span of weeks that would be awesome...iwould love to have an 100+ hr game cuz i play vid games about 3 hours a day...and that would be great for me 2 play this game so long and then get 2 play again as a diffrent person