PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Controller Wars

FeelinDandy
03-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey guys - The xbox controllers are awesome - I rekon the size is perfect and fits my hands great. Specially after many hours of play you really appreciate it. So now I'm wandering what are the best xbox controllers. Microsoft, Thrustmaster, Madcatz.. etc..??

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by FeelinDandy
I loved the size of the PS2 COntroller and wish I could plug it into my XBOXHey, FeelinDandy, it is possible! Ever heard of a little device called the X-Connecter? It allows you to use any Dual-Shock controller for your Xbox! ;)

Xbox Owner
03-31-2002, 06:26 PM
I have little hands, but the first X-box controller feels like a dream controller...IMO:D

Toonz
03-31-2002, 08:31 PM
Microsofts Xbox contoller is my favorite to date. My only complaint is that I think the D-pad sucks. It's shape just doesn't feel right to me but luckily I have had no need to use it yet except weapons switching in Max Payne

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Microsofts Xbox contoller is my favorite to date. My only complaint is that I think the D-pad sucks. It's shape just doesn't feel right to me but luckily I have had no need to use it yet except weapons switching in Max Payne I don't like how the Xbox's handles hug your hands. The button layout sucks as well. I prefer the Ps2 controller, and the new "S" controller. It's smaller, with a more traditional plus-shape D-Pad (perfect for fighters). The buttons aren't as stiff, and aren't oval shape. The button layout is a lot better (more spread apart).

E-Xbox
03-31-2002, 09:14 PM
the official M$ one is the best
i love it...

peace

(its the best controller eva!)

y2kash_14
03-31-2002, 10:04 PM
has anyone actually tried the Japanese controller. If so, is it better than the American Controller? Sure does look better

LynxFX
03-31-2002, 10:43 PM
I really like the original controller. Finally a controller that doesn't feel like you are going to break it, *cough* GC *cough* then *cough* PS2, PS1 *cough*. I never used to think those controllers were small or that bad until I picked up the MS controller. Fits like a glove and the button layout works great for me.

I'm sure it won't fit some hands though.

Toder
03-31-2002, 11:00 PM
When i play fighting games or games that don't require the use of both analogs i use my Madcatz Pro Pad. But for games like Halo and Gun Valkyrie i use the standard MS one.

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I really like the original controller. Finally a controller that doesn't feel like you are going to break it, *cough* GC *cough* then *cough* PS2, PS1 *cough*. I never used to think those controllers were small or that bad until I picked up the MS controller. Fits like a glove and the button layout works great for me.

I'm sure it won't fit some hands though. My biggest problem with the Xbox controller is the button layout. The buttons are so d@mn close together, that in THPS3, every time I go to grind, manual, or lip... I end up bailing. Instead of just hitting the Y button, I end up hitting the X or B button along with it. The button layout on the Jap controller is more like the Ps2 button layout. The Jap controller also has a more traditional plus-shape d-pad (perfect for fighters). I absolutely despise the d-pad on both the Xbox & GCN controllers. I just think the buttons are too close togher on the current Xbox pad (I always hit more than one button, or the wrong one even)!!! Also, the 'diagnol' button layout makes it difficult to move from button to button really fast. And for really long sessions of Tony Hawk, a smaller controller is easier on your hands. It's way more comfortable to hold.

The Xbox pad is good for games like Halo, and RalliSport, though.

NomadLLama
03-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
My biggest problem with the Xbox controller is the button layout. The buttons are so d@mn close together, that in THPS3, every time I go to grind, manual, or lip... I end up bailing. Instead of just hitting the Y button, I end up hitting the X or B button along with it. The button layout on the Jap controller is more like the Ps2 button layout. The Jap controller also has a more traditional plus-shape d-pad (perfect for fighters). I absolutely despise the d-pad on both the Xbox & GCN controllers. I just think the buttons are too close togher on the current Xbox pad (I always hit more than one button, or the wrong one even)!!! Also, the 'diagnol' button layout makes it difficult to move from button to button really fast. And for really long sessions of Tony Hawk, a smaller controller is easier on your hands. It's way more comfortable to hold.

The Xbox pad is good for games like Halo, and RalliSport, though.

dude, if the button layout is too close together, then get a MadCatz Control Pad Pro! also, i don't see why u don't like the d-pad on the MS controller. i actually thought it was pretty good!

NomadLLama
03-31-2002, 11:13 PM
i forgot to put this, but the d-pad actually made my thumb really stiff. no, it was not the muscle, but the skin. it is really rough now because i use the d-pad in halo instead of the left analog and DOA3 combos can sometimes kill if u miss the d-pad or ur thumb falls off!

MethodZ
04-01-2002, 09:05 AM
yea they sell a joybox converter in an import stor i think its liksang.com and you would get to use your memory card so stupid ps2 fanboys get a tter excuse that the controllers are too big