PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

Steve1987
03-31-2002, 06:32 PM
You know there were reports of scratches on the discs in Japan. I was wondering if anyone knew what these scratches looked like. I brought my XBOX a couple of days ago, and after a few hours of Halo, i took out the disc and noticed some ring marks on the disc.

Is this just because how their made of our they scratches. They're very hard to see and it was only because i was standing under a light that i saw them. There on all of the cd's but with different sized gaps in between the rings. I never noticed them before but i wasn't really looking either.
Just wanted to know cos i don't want anything ruining my game, Halo is extreamly addictive and i luv it.

Cheers
(Sorry for being petty):D

Snoopy7548
03-31-2002, 06:34 PM
yea, i noticed that too, from the games i rented from blockbuster, i havent looked on my games yet. i wouldnt worry about them, if they play fine, then theres no need to worry

hybridmatrix
03-31-2002, 09:56 PM
These rings you see, are apparently "copyright zones", that are randomly(?) placed on each disk, to make it just that little bit harder to copy the games...

HybridMATRiX

Steve1987
04-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Cheers Guys
I didn't think they were anything that was caused by the XBOX, but just wanted to check. I've been playing Halo for 2 days now and it just gets better and better. At first i didn't like it but now i know how to use the controller and i'm on the outside levels, i love it.
Rented out Dead or Alive 3 and the graphics are amazing. This a console i know was worth the money.:cool:

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 01:24 PM
welcome steve1987 to the best xbox site around....glad to hear your enjoying your new purchase...i'm in total agreement with you that it was worth every penny