PDA

View Full Version : Help me to choose some XBOX games!

datalink7
03-31-2002, 11:20 PM
Hi all,

I am getting some money back from tax returns, and coupled with the fact that my college tuition bill is less than I expected I can finnally afford to buy some XBOX games (I currently only have 2: Halo and DOA3). I am thinking that 3 or 4 is a good number to buy. Y'all want to suggest me what you think are the top 3 or 4 to get? I'm thinking Amped might be one, because I rented it and got addicted :).

Thanks for any replies.

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 01:19 PM
IMO some games to consider are as follows....

madden 02
nhl (ea sports) 02
thps2x (if don't own 1 0r 2...its an absolutley great value)..if u do own those...thps3

max payne
or save your money to get broadban service and suscribe to xbox online and buy the voice communicators...that way u can take the money left over and send it to me after we make some bets and i skool your ash online;)

datalink7
04-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I have been considering getting a Football game. You think Madden is the best one? I didn't really like Fever all that much.

I have Max Payne for the computer. It is an awesome game but don't need it for the XBOX since I already have it.

A friend of mine has THPS2x for the PS2, so I might consider getting 3.

Any other suggesstions?

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 01:56 PM
i deffinately think madden is the best football game available...while its graphics are definately good...fever and myabe 2k2 edges ea sports out in that dept. but as far as in depth options and gameplay go...madden can't be touched...most realistic in my opinion.

as for your friend having thps2x on ps2...he might have tonyhawk2...but not th2x...thonyhakw2x is a tonyhawk 1, tonyhawk2 and some xbox exclusive levels all on the same disc...of course with touched up graphics and the option to listen to your own custom soundtrack:D .....

tonyhawkps3 also has an exclusive level and character that niether ps2 or GC have

once again let me suggest NHL 02 by easports...even if your not a huge hockey fan...this game might turn u into one....it sure did to me.

also if u like basketball..consider nba2k2..its recieved rave reviews from every mag and site i've seen

i can't really suggest anyother games that i don't own..i suggest looking on different sites and mags....if u find a game the consistently gets 8 or higher in every publication u read..i usually find that to be a pretty safe way to determine if its a keeper or not....of course u can always do what i do... buy from a store like EB that gives u a 10 day trial period and lets u exchange for another game if u don't like it...i can't count how many times i've done that.

Kortiz
04-01-2002, 02:35 PM
ok...first of all, for everyone that has a console that DOESN'T have THPS1 THPS2 or THPS3 then you should be shot....that is the best money you will ever spend. Tony Hawk is the SHHH!!!

Get THPS3 best buy selling it for 39.99 right now.

for the next three......hmmm Rallisport Challenge would be next, great for anyone even if you dont like racers.

the last two.......i would say get Madden 02

and the last one......hmmmm

for your last buy, get............get.......i reckon get amped since you already said you were addicted......but THPS3 may fix ur amped kick....cuz THPS3 is THE SHHH!!!

i have halo, rallisport challenge and just got thps3.....im very happy with all of these games, VERY HAPPY. in rallisport and thps3 you can be listening to lynyrd skynyrd....that is the SHHH!

NOW GO BUY THESE GAMES ******!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:00 PM
Since you have Halo and DOA3 and you want 3-4 new games right now, I recommend the following:

1. Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
2. Rallisport Challenge
3. NFL2K2
4. Tony Hawk Pro-skater 3

If you can hold out and just get one or two, get Amped and Rallisport...then pick up Hunter: The Reckoning when it comes out!!! :eek:

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 03:02 PM
hey chickenshh....i just bought rallisprt adn am about to return it.
i don't really like racing games but i was hoping this one would grab me and round out my game collection...unfortanetly i didn't
data..please don't let that stop u from checking it out though (not that i thought it would, or should) i've heard nothing but top notch comments for rallisport...i guess i'm just not a big enuff fan of that particular genre to hold on to it.

FpS_PhReeK
04-01-2002, 03:07 PM
My Top Five Favorites...

1-Halo...
2-Tony Hawk 3...
3-GUNVALKYRIE...
4-Rallisport...
5-007 Agent Under Fire

Hope that helps.

PhReeK out!

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
My Top Five Favorites...

1-Halo...
2-Tony Hawk 3...
3-GUNVALKYRIE...
4-Rallisport...
5-007 Agent Under Fire

Hope that helps.

PhReeK out!

Hey, FPS_Phreek...dude, I saw 007 Agent Under Fire on the Gamecube in action and I thought it was horrible. Is it any better on the XBox or is it just a port? Too bad Rare didn't make it, otherwise, I would by it without even viewing it first! :)

~nVidia~
04-01-2002, 03:14 PM
I don't understand why you want 3-4 RIGHT NOW!!!

Here is a game that is out that is good:

Project Gotham Racing ( time consuming )

Wait for a while and get these:

Project Ego/ Morrowind

Unreal Championship

Halo 2

Woocifer
04-01-2002, 03:14 PM
THPS3 is cool, I am finding it rather quick though. I found that Dave Mirra 2 was longer in gameplay...that and it's goofy, you can do some pretty stupid crap in that game.

Rallisport turned out to be a great arcade racer and has some of the best graphics I have ever seen on a game. Take a look at a store if not in your own home...its just cool to look at the textures, the movement and the quality of the game.

It all depends on your tastes though...I have amped...I like it a lot personally. I like THPS3 as well, seems to be a pretty cool game, though I wish the levels were larger and more open like the first 2.

If I were you I'd hold off for the online sports games in the near future, that way you can get other things while you wait. Though isn't FIFA comin out soon? Hunter is lookin good too but a little far away...

I'm waiting for Morrowind, but Spiderman and a few other games are coming out too so I dunno...goodluck :)

xboxmaster2002
04-01-2002, 03:15 PM
1.Rallisport challange
2.JSRF
3.Tony Hawk 3
4.Silent hill 2
5.KO Kings

Calve
04-01-2002, 03:16 PM
3-4 games?? Well you got the two best game so I recommend....

1. Rallisport Challenge, Great game, Lots of fun!
2. Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Fun game that will give you nightmares!
3. Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2, This game is harder, has more tricks and is way more fun then THPS series!!!
4. Wrecklesss, This game gets bad ratings because it didn't live up to the hype, but it still is a great game!

Hope that helps!!!:)

datalink7
04-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Wow! Lots of good replies. Thanks everyone.

The reason that I want games now is that I have a budget for more games now. When Project Ego comes out, I am going to get it as well with the money I will have then (This is my most anticipated game).

I have question. I asked it in another thead but it didn't get answered.

Moorwind for the PC or XBOX????

I have a good computer so the specs won't hold back performance on the PC.

Right now, I'm probably leaning toward getting (for the XBOX):

Ralisport Challenge
THPS3

I might get madden, but if a soccer game is coming out soon I might get that (I like soccer better than football). Does FIFA have a near release date?

Thanks again.

Spaztic
04-01-2002, 03:57 PM
wait till hunter comes out it will have up to four players at once. Nothing is more fun then having four buddies over, mix a little alchol in with a violent game. Viola instant fun!

oh yeah rallisport....rent it, get it, don't let it pass you buy!

NBA 2k2 is coo!

Woocifer
04-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey if you're confident your comp can run Morrowind on yer pc, I'd say get it for your PC because you know there will be updates and you will have more open to you to fiddle with.

But if you're looking for a game to lounge in front of the tv with, then go for the xbox one....

I'm getting the Xbox one because I can't be bothered with the PC version. I've stopped playing games on my comp more or less just because I spend a lot of time on it designing and working...so when I come home, sitting in front of a monitor in a steno chair kinda makes me feel like I'm at work.

Sitting in front of the tv where I can lie down and relax is a lot nicer....but that's the only reason. The xbox game will suck compared to the pc one...you know thats how it is with these games. Halo on PC is going to kill the Xbox one, but only because they will implement more and can update it...

Anyway...thats about it...

FpS_PhReeK
04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, FPS_Phreek...dude, I saw 007 Agent Under Fire on the Gamecube in action and I thought it was horrible. Is it any better on the XBox or is it just a port? Too bad Rare didn't make it, otherwise, I would by it without even viewing it first! :)

I like bond,,, I never played it on PoS2 so I cannot compare,,, one thing bothers me about it... I feel like I have no freedom to move around, I feel like I am on a Disney World ride through Bond land, I am playing it on the Hardest setting and I am still mowing these fools down. On the bright side, the game has bots in Multiplayer which is a first for the Xbox... I have been playing Blood Omen 2 like its my job, once I beat that game I will switch over to Bond,,,, all of those other titles I mentioned are on hold, I really should only buy one at a time but I just go crazy sometimes and buy like three games, then I never have time to play them all. I have Gunvalkyrie sitting on my shelf and I have only played it for about 5 mins... I really have to work through Blood OMen then Bond before I start playing that one.... Rallisport is one of those games I play wheen I am in the mood, as is THPS3,,,, I mainly like FPS's and Third Person adventures... I am most looking forward to Conflict Desert Storm, Ghost Recon, Shrapnel, Unreal, and Hunter, and Yeager, and OMG there are just too many!!! :) Too many games too little time. I guess that is a good thing.

Laters Max'

PhReeK out!

mahalan
04-01-2002, 05:20 PM
I'd recommend PGR (definitely) and BO2. The only reason to not get BO2 is because Morrowind is out soon. IF Morrowind lives up to the hype, it will be incredible. Should you get it for the Xbox or PC? Xbox definitely. The ONLY reason to get it for the PC is to get the editor. The publisher's already announced, though, that the editor will be available for the Xbox via the Microsoft Network. Now there's no reason this should even be a question for Xbox owners.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK

I like bond,,, I never played it on PoS2 so I cannot compare,,, one thing bothers me about it... I feel like I have no freedom to move around, I feel like I am on a Disney World ride through Bond land, I am playing it on the Hardest setting and I am still mowing these fools down. On the bright side, the game has bots in Multiplayer which is a first for the Xbox... I have been playing Blood Omen 2 like its my job, once I beat that game I will switch over to Bond,,,, all of those other titles I mentioned are on hold, I really should only buy one at a time but I just go crazy sometimes and buy like three games, then I never have time to play them all. I have Gunvalkyrie sitting on my shelf and I have only played it for about 5 mins... I really have to work through Blood OMen then Bond before I start playing that one.... Rallisport is one of those games I play wheen I am in the mood, as is THPS3,,,, I mainly like FPS's and Third Person adventures... I am most looking forward to Conflict Desert Storm, Ghost Recon, Shrapnel, Unreal, and Hunter, and Yeager, and OMG there are just too many!!! :) Too many games too little time. I guess that is a good thing.

Laters Max'

PhReeK out!

Thanks for the reply, dude...I'm very much into FPSs...but, none come close to rivaling Halo quite yet....I hope Unreal Chamionship and Brute Force give Bungie's masterpeice a huge run for their money. I think I'll pass on Bond, but, I won't let it go by without renting it first. Too bad Rare didn't put it out, because, Goldeneye on the N64, in regards to Bond games, is unmatched.

E-Xbox
04-01-2002, 05:51 PM
i juss got bond...
its ok....
the bullets are extremely *** tho....
oh well...

peace

datalink7
04-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Can any one give me some more info on Silent Hill 2? I hadn't considered that one before, but it looks interesting. I went and looked at the review, and many of the complaints consisted of "same thing as #1" Well, I haven' t played #1 so that isn't a problem.

Several of you suggested it and so I would just like some information on why it is a good game, if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Kooster
04-01-2002, 09:06 PM
I recommend Gunvalkyrie. I don't know why Gamespot gave it such bad reviews! It has the most traffic out of all Xbox games. I think its awesome. Maybe the reviewer had PMS when they graded it. :p