PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Recall By Microsoft

clownbow
04-01-2002, 03:45 AM
I HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE

Monday 1 April 2002

PRODUCT RECALL! - A full product recall has been issued by Video Game Industry newcomer Microsoft for the return of all of their recently released Xbox consoles in Australia and all other territories. The console is to be relaunched with a newer more powerful machine, which will include a built in 15inch LCD monitor and PS2 backwards compatibility!

Being referred to as Xbox 2, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates stated 'there is no other course of action we can take at this point in time, with our lower than expected sales levels and high competition from Sony we must take drastic action now', he continued 'we will not leave our loyal customers empty handed', promising a A$50 refund for all consoles returned to their point of sale.

When asked why the refund is so small compared to the actual cost of the unit (currently A$649 in Australia), he stated 'Microsoft took very heavy losses on the hardware and will be unable to issue the full amount paid due to heavy investments in Xbox 2, we only want what is best for our customers and the only way to do this is and dominate our presence in this industry is to re-introduce a more powerful and robust machine'.

The statement continued 'due to the complexities of including a PS2 emulator in the Xbox 2, a new development kit has been released for creating next generation games for the Xbox 2, unfortunately this new development kit will not be compatible with the existing Xbox1 hardware and this is the reason we are doing a full recall'.

SOURCE: http://burn.com.au/burn.html

VAN
04-01-2002, 03:50 AM
Check the date, dude. April 1. April Fools. duuhhhhh. :D

clownbow
04-01-2002, 03:51 AM
thats what i thought...

Piccolo_DBz
04-01-2002, 04:30 AM
"which will include a built in 15inch LCD monitor and PS2 backwards compatibility!"

Uhm....Defiantley an April Fool joke

:rolleyes:

MethodZ
04-01-2002, 09:00 AM
yep but seriously that would be a sick console that would be the best ever but it cost bout 500$ each

Highlite23
04-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Does the word Gulable meen anything to you??:p

khaos2005
04-01-2002, 10:59 AM
Yeah, it was very obvious it was BS. Didn't fool me.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 11:22 AM
This morning, my wife woke me up, out of a solid sleep, and told me that there was about a half a foot of snow on the ground. I sprang out of bed to look out of the window and only saw a nice Spring morning....lol.....WHOOPS!! :D

JJaX
04-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
This morning, my wife woke me up, out of a solid sleep, and told me that there was about a half a foot of snow on the ground. I sprang out of bed to look out of the window and only saw a nice Spring morning....lol.....WHOOPS!! :D

Thats funny! She did the samething to me too!!!!

:D :D

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 11:59 AM
yea...theses various april fools threads are becoming a bit much,,,well...it's only once a year..thank goodness....i agree somefolks that are reading the subject line and actually comming in the threads expecting to see something truthful...are indeed very gulable as highlite23 had mentioned. speaking of gulable...did you know thats not even a real word? try and look it up in the dictionary...and you'll find zilch.nuttin.nada