PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Vs Control

BIG_BUTTER
04-01-2002, 10:07 AM
I was seraching through past polls, and i saw a poll that said "what do you prefer in a game" or something like that. At the top was Graphics with 36%. which i agree some what, but control was only 10%.

I love graphics. i love the realism. but not at the sacrifice of control or gameplay.

When i bought the PS2 when it first came out i was amazed at the graphics, but with most of the games it was terrible gameplay/control. so i traded it in for a dreamcast. graphics werent as good but the game play was awsome.

please wite what YOU like and explain why!

i cant wait to get my xbox.

keep fit and have fun :)

JJaX
04-01-2002, 10:19 AM
I disagree. I cant stand games that look good but play like crap. (wreckless anyone?)

Gameplay is what makes the game enjoyable. If you can find a balance with the two your gonna have a winner. (Halo anyone?)

Whats the point of Playing a game if all it does is sits there and looks pretty???

Spaztic
04-01-2002, 10:31 AM
I disagree. I cant stand games that look good but play like crap. (wreckless anyone?)

I rented this game this weekend and it is definatly a crapfest! The game looks great while moving and in replays, but the controls sucked so bad I couldn't even enjoy the game! Graphics and gameplay are not two things that a game should be lacking thier has to be a balance! What developers need to do is take some more time on their games before releasing them.

BIG_BUTTER
04-01-2002, 10:37 AM
hey i said i love graphics but not at the sacrifice of gameplay.

so another words you agree(jaxx).

hey everyone please read the very first post.

gameplay should come first and graphics second. i was suprised that in the poll that graphics was first with 36% and control was only 10%

crappy gameplay was the reason i got rid of the PS2.

keep fit and have fun!!!!!

JJaX
04-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by BIG_BUTTER
hey i said i love graphics but not at the sacrifice of gameplay.

so another words you agree(jaxx).

My fault Big!

~nVidia~
04-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Just to name a few games w/ outstanding graphics and ****ty gameplay:

Wreckless( mentioned already )
Bloodwake

I mean if you take time to put in great graphics, why not do it with the gameplay also?

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 12:24 PM
I love graphics as much as the next person and I want a good control system but I can't stand games that look like crap too. You can have the best control in a game but if it still looks like crap then I'm not going to buy it or play it.

Question about Wreckless. What the heck is wrong with the controls? I think they are pretty basic if you ask me. How hard is it to hit, gas, brake, forward? The only problem with Wreckless is that there aren't enough levels and a free roam feature. IMO. Bloodwake though, I agree. You would think that would be another gas, brake, forward game but they screwed up the steering on that one.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Question about Wreckless. What the heck is wrong with the controls? I think they are pretty basic if you ask me. How hard is it to hit, gas, brake, forward? The only problem with Wreckless is that there aren't enough levels and a free roam feature. IMO. Bloodwake though, I agree. You would think that would be another gas, brake, forward game but they screwed up the steering on that one.

There is a difference between contol and gameplay.

The controls are simple. BUt the gameplay is annoying and frustrating. I had no joy when playing this game.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Because the XBox boasts the new nVidia graphics card, I expect all games to not only play good, but look good...otherwise, they can keep their $50. Just my $0.02 :)

shererboat
04-01-2002, 12:35 PM
gameplay should def come b4 graphics, but like JJaX said, i look for a balance between the 2 of them......

if all ur concerned about is graphics and not gameplay, tune ur TV to the cartoon network, and enjoy!!...;)

Brevity
04-01-2002, 12:36 PM
I dont think New Legends looks good Max and it plays bad to boot. I will take play/controle over graph. any day...thus the reason I have played Dioblo to death,,,(only 4 more days till DS, cant wait). I have seen many games that look cool but have either a bad story, bad , controle, or over all game play,,cough GV, Balistic, Aqua whatever game for the G4, and others. Anyway I think the Xbox is able to pull off a happy medium or more. Wait much more! ya thats it.:cool:

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 01:54 PM
Wait now we are talking about three different things.

Gameplay
Control
Graphics.

Gameplay and Control may work together but they are different.

The control to Wreckless is as basic as it gets and is just fine IMO. I don't think it could have been done any better.

The gameplay is so so. I can see why some people hate it. I did for a while trying to beat certain levels which seemed impossible.

The graphics are some of the best in the business.

But I'm with Max. The graphics to ALL Xbox games should look good. If they don't then I'm putting the blame square on the developer. There is no excuse. None.