PDA

View Full Version : what controller setup do you use for halo?

Huckleberry
04-01-2002, 03:41 PM
i know a lot of you came from computers for fps games. how are you all adapting to the controller vs. mouse and keyboard? i'm using the legacy setup with inversion set to yes. i cannot understand how anyone can play without inverting the control. maybe it's too much time flying, but i guess i just think of it like the control stick is on top of master chief's head...you push forward, he looks down. you pull back, he looks up.

also, i switched to the boxer button control so that the melee is controlled by the left trigger and the b button is for the grenades.

Tiger
04-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Believe it or not I still use the standard default setting. I have messed with it a few times before only to find I like it better the other way. I just feel the button layout is perfect by default. I use grenades often so I like them on the left trigger. I also like being able to quickly tap that B button to unleash some nasty melee attacks:)

Tiger

Xtopia
04-01-2002, 06:31 PM
I use everything defualt except that I use inverted controls!:)

monkeyman
04-01-2002, 07:01 PM
i just left em the same whenever i can adjust to any controll very quick right when i picked it up i was adjusted

Jacob
04-02-2002, 08:40 AM
i play default controls (not inverted) for Halo.

I actually like the controller better than mouse and keyboard.

Alien
04-02-2002, 08:52 AM
I play everything else normal, but i play it inverted.

NsomniA
04-04-2002, 04:27 PM
Inverted, but 5 on the sensativity.

Spike Minoda
04-04-2002, 04:32 PM
just read my sig

Yolo
04-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Legacy w/ inverted aim and the sensativity set to 6 is this man's sweet setup.

This is the setup I am used to dating back to the first Turok on N64. Then this carried over to 007. This setup just seems to be more fluid and logical. Why else would it be called Legacy and the average not so good, not so bad be called default?

Try it, you might like it. It'll take some adjustment, but it could be worth your weight in gold.

"Dad, what's a muppet?"
"Well it's not quite a mop, and not quite a puppet, but man heh, heh, heh... so to answer your question, I don't know."

gr1mreaper
04-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Default setup, no inverted, and sensitivity of 10. It makes sniping a bit tougher, but you gotta love how fast you can spin around and get that person behind you.

Huckleberry
04-05-2002, 01:46 AM
reaper is in the house! welcome!

The Reverend
04-11-2002, 05:22 PM
I use default, inverted with sens of 7. Best setting if you snipe and run around for close in combat.

And Yolo, it is default, because that is what the normal folks use. It's like Goofy Foot.......it's just wrong

Yolo
04-11-2002, 05:57 PM
And Yolo, it is default, because that is what the normal folks use.

That's exactly my point. Normal folks use default, it's Legacy that sends us above the rest.

Bobabutt Pirate
04-11-2002, 06:15 PM
I only invert on flight simulaters. Otherwise it makes no sense to me. I also don't use my hands. I play with my feet because I am de-evolutionizing. I use my belly button for granade, toung for melee, and I aint sayin' what I use for guns 'cus it aint pleasent.:cool: