PDA

View Full Version : Coming Attractions to the Xbox...

Houzi
04-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Here's a new thread so that we can inform each other about up and coming strategy games...

Here's the list so far: __________________

Pray for strat games!

Houzi

Magezbit
04-02-2002, 12:26 PM
well, the strat game drought is quite a bummer indeed, and let us hold hands in an atempt to show 'gates that we need some GOOD strat games, not some crap ones, GOOD ones, and fast!!!

REJOICE MY BROTHERS! TOGETHER WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!

.........neway.....im coming bak home to FL today and i bought gun valkyrie and oddworld and jsrf with my uncles. and the only 1 i played cuz my little cousin wasnt home is gun valkyrie. and that game.....really.....really....ownz0rz.

its just like....hell....yes.... u basically try to stay up in the air killing baddies while ur doing different manuevers and boosts, etc

the controls take a decent while to master, but to get the gist of it takes only about 1 hour.

highly reccomended.

and the main reason im happy to go bak home is cuz i can get bak to playing worms world party - wwp again, and to play the new games....heres to hoping.......for strat. games....

Halo of Flies
04-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Houzi
Here's a new thread so that we can inform each other about up and coming strategy games...

Here's the list so far: __________________

Commandos 2!

Houzi
04-06-2002, 11:33 PM
i'm glad to see that there is going to be a strategy game for the xbox soon (which probably means about 1/2 a year!), and also happy that there are more people in this strategy forum!!! maybe we can generate more interest with our 5 or so regular members/visitors! :p

Houzi

SciFi
04-06-2002, 11:41 PM
I like strat games....:)

Houzi
04-06-2002, 11:46 PM
hahah... i like your sig! very creative!

Houzi

ps. you like strat games? good choice! smart guy!

murken
04-07-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Houzi

you like strat games? good choice! smart guy!

I'll join the slim ranks of the strategy fans.
Houzi, I'm with ya!!!!!!!!

Rancey
04-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Some strat games:

Heaven And Hell
Rayman3: Hoodlums Havoc
Warzone Online
Kingdom Under Fire 2

There's not much there, but enjoy :)

Englishguy
04-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Guys, check Gamespot. They just posted a game that will be released in early 2003 that is a RTS, action game. Its called "Kingdom" something or other, I don't remember the full name, but it looks promising.

So far we have:

Heaven and Hell
Commando's 2
Kingdom Something or other

Houzi
04-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Some strat games:

Heaven And Hell
Rayman3: Hoodlums Havoc
Warzone Online
Kingdom Under Fire 2

There's not much there, but enjoy :)

Heaven and Hell - doesn't this game suck? i heard people talking about it (on the PC) and they didn't really like it.

Rayman 3 - hmm... has the possibility of being good, but don't know enough about it to make a judgement.

Warzone Online - looks cool

Kingdom Under Fire 2 - looks cool from what I saw on gamespot.

But I'm not DYING to get any of these games... too bad. There are two games that I'll probably get before any of these:

Hunter: The Reckoning - Looks really cool and fun for multiplayer!

Project Ego - Awesome!!!

Let's hope for more! We should be happy that they're actually starting to come out with strat games though! :D

Houzi

Kraft
04-08-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure if this is a definate, but its still listen on gamespot as a future release: Black & White. I had this game for the PC and it was a blast. It fell somewhere between a sim game and an RTS. I'd definately buy this if it supports online play on the box.

Houzi
04-09-2002, 03:27 PM
What about B&W's replayability?

I think that commandos 2 looks pretty cool!

Houzi

Kraft
04-09-2002, 03:45 PM
I think the online play will add to the replayability. Also, that game takes quite a bit of playing time just to play through it once, I think it would be worth the buy. I agree with you on commando's too. Of course, my dream would be for Warcraft III to come to XBox, I would probably crap myself and have to clean up before I went to buy it.

Houzi
04-09-2002, 05:48 PM
yeah! warcraft 3 WOULD be awesome!

E-Vader
04-12-2002, 09:45 AM
I've played Commando's 2 on the PC and it was a complete blast to play can't wait for it.

Kingdom Under Fire 2 should rock, a bit War Craft/Diablo mix I read somewhere.

C&C Generals may come to Xbox, I read in the Aussie Xbox mag that Westwood are looking into making games for Xbox.