PDA

View Full Version : Is Gunmetal looking impressive or what?

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Check out some of these screenies:

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/gunmetal/sim-gunmetal-0001.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/gunmetal/sim-gunmetal-0002.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/gunmetal/sim-gunmetal-0003.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/gunmetal/sim-gunmetal-0005.jpg

E-Xbox
04-01-2002, 05:49 PM
yo max

those screens are killer....
but i prob wont buy the game...
i prob wont even rent it..
im juss not into those games...

peace

Calve
04-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Very impressive!!!!!! When is the release date on this b*itch?

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Calve
Very impressive!!!!!! When is the release date on this b*itch?

As of now, it only says July 2002 :)

Hey, E-XBox...that kinda surprises me because you are a big fan of Halo. This game seems "Halo-like" in a lot of ways to me. What's your reasoning in not even desiring renting it?

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Geez, gentlemen! This thread has been open for a couple hours now! No more people can atleast comment on this? This game is looking sweet, in my opinion! :D (Basically, this was a long sentence to bump this thread! Hey, I admit it!!!)

stang46
04-01-2002, 06:26 PM
What type of game is this, a fps? Give me some more info, it looks really sweet...

~nVidia~
04-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Yea, I'm with Stang!!!

So, MAX, what is it about?

Any info would help!!!

PS: Those screens are sweet!!! If it keeps improving I will probably buy it!!

monkeyman
04-01-2002, 06:54 PM
it had me from the red dots that are on the top

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 07:02 PM
Okay, here's some more info that I got from Xbox.com:

Welcome to Gun Metal. With the last of your outer defenses breached and the enemy moving ever closer, only one hope remains. Standing 30 feet tall and equipped with an arsenal of devastating weaponry, you command the Havoc battle machine that can transform into a fighter jet in your quest to liberate the planet of Helios.

Freely transform from powerful robot to nimble jet fighter
Walk, run, jetpack or fly over a variety of breathtaking landscapes

Extensive armory of spectacular and devastating weaponry

Completely interactive environments: crush rocks, fell trees, tear chunks from buildings and raze entire settlements to the ground

Take the fight to the enemy hordes as you progress through 25 diverse and engaging missions

The official website is located at http://www.rage.com/html/gunmetal.asp

Dudes..."interactive environments" is sweet! You can blow up rocks, take chunks of large walls and buildings off, blow trees out of the ground...so, the entire environment can be tailored to your liking :D!!

~nVidia~
04-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Max, thanks for the info!!!

and... did it say anything about multiplayer. I hope its a option!!!

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ~nVidia~
Max, thanks for the info!!!

and... did it say anything about multiplayer. I hope its a option!!!

Not sure about multi-player, but, that would be sweet! It wouldn't be a deal killer, though...I'll still, most-likely, pick this one up in July :D

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Sweet! The official website says June 2002, but, XBox.com says July...either way, the timing is close.

But, dudes! Check out the screenshots they have on the official website! I posted the official site just a couple posts above! Sweet!!

wweomaniac
04-01-2002, 08:03 PM
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WWAITING FOR THIS GAME FOREVER!!!!!

wweomaniac
04-01-2002, 08:09 PM
I thought I was the only person who knew about this game. I am so glad that other appreciate such a beautiful game.

"transforms from bot to jet to bot to jet to bot to jet"

mega mecha explosion!!!!!! yee haha

Kooster
04-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey Maximus. This game does look pretty sweet. But all the screenshots are from 3rd person view. Thats a bit odd.

No Fear 23
04-01-2002, 09:19 PM
hey max, this game looks saweet, im gona get this when it comes out. but one thing i cant seem to figure out is that circle thing on top of the screen that has blue and red sqaures on it... what is it?:confused:

Kooster
04-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by irule23
hey max, this game looks saweet, im gona get this when it comes out. but one thing i cant seem to figure out is that circle thing on top of the screen that has blue and red sqaures on it... what is it?:confused: It looks as if that circle thing is a 3D radar. I'm guessing the robot guy is in the middle, all the squares in the shaded area are enemies in his view, and all the other squares are enemies he can't see.

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by irule23
hey max, this game looks saweet, im gona get this when it comes out. but one thing i cant seem to figure out is that circle thing on top of the screen that has blue and red sqaures on it... what is it?:confused:

Hotshot was correct...atleast to what I thought...it's a three dimensional radar that shows what the landscape is. The red area are the radar images of the buildings and stuff....it gives you a perspective of the landscape and what lies ahead...pretty sweet idea I think!

I think the game is a third person shooter. I, normally, prefer first person shooters, however, if a third person shooter is done right, it can be equally as enjoyable. Also, I understand that there is a cooperative mode on this, too, in which you can have you and a buddy go through the missions together! Sweet!!! :D

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by hotshot657
Hey Maximus. This game does look pretty sweet. But all the screenshots are from 3rd person view. Thats a bit odd.

I think the game is a 3rd person shooter as opposed to first person. If they pull it off right, this could be a sweet game!

baggachipz
04-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Ya, I'm all over this game. Not only does it look cool, but I'll be able to reminisce about my days spent playing with my Transformers :D

Spaztic
04-02-2002, 11:32 AM
looks interesting. I will wait until I hear the reviews of this game before purchasing it! Definatly looks like it will kick some ass! Hopefully they can get the mechs physics worked out ok!

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by baggachipz
Ya, I'm all over this game. Not only does it look cool, but I'll be able to reminisce about my days spent playing with my Transformers :D

hehe...Dude, I know what you mean, man! Transformers were SWEET back in the day! :D

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 01:43 PM
Oh definately..this game is a "Must Buy" for me..simply because the game's entire premice is absolutely intruiging..the fact that you can use the robots jet pack to fly around, and also the robot can transform into a tyte flying jet!
Ever since i saw the preview for this game a few months ago i was going wild over it:cool:
Great Post Maximus:cool:
Dam...i wanna fly this jet..NOW!
http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/gunmetal/sim-gunmetal-0006.jpg

Untill next time...:mad:

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 01:48 PM
I know what you mean, Gravedigger! The game is going to be sweet! It says that it's 1-2 players, so, I doubt there is mutli-player in regards to something like Halo's Slayer, etc...however, I am pretty sure that there is a cooperative play which would be SWEET!!!

I can see it now...I'm flying around bombing the enemies as my buddy is flanking them with a plethera of grenades and rapid fire coming out of the machine gun :D

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Definately Maximus....a friggin plethera of grenades equals a firey death...and then they shall know that "Death is the only way out, and yet its just the beginning" -Gravedigger
**emitts a deep low laugh**
Muahahaha

lol..anyways the game is gonna kick some serious ass!!

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Hey Max....

I'm pretty sure this sweet title's from sega....
Is that true?

Actually, Rage makes Gunmetal :)

http://www.rage.com/

JJaX
04-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Arent they making a Robotech game for the box??

This will tied me over until than.

Any game with Giant robots F'in S4it up is cool with me.

Battle tech ownz me
Robotech ownz me
JJaX Ownz You....

VenoM
04-02-2002, 03:36 PM
looks really nice so far...i need to see more though to say its a must have :p

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 04:06 PM
I hear ya, VenoM...I mean, check out all the new mechanical warrior games coming out. We have Gunmetal (this one), Tekki, and Mechwarrior....all look pretty sweet!!!

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Well either way you put it, Gun Metal will be a force to be reconed with, unless Rage finds some incomparable way to screw it up!:confused: And also Tekki and Mech Warrior look great especially Tekki:cool:

datalink7
04-03-2002, 02:19 AM
It looks awesome. Can't wait.

XboxGamers
04-03-2002, 04:04 AM
Sweet screens!! I can't wait for the release of this game.

Steve1987
04-03-2002, 08:22 AM
I've been looking at preview reviews of Gunmetal in alot of magazines in the uk. All so far say this is gonna be great game. Anyone know around what time it would be released in the uk.
Cheers:)