PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2002

Calve
04-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Hey!!

Im wondering if FIFA 2002 is comin to the Xbox! I really hope it does because we need a soccer game and this would be a nice one on the Xbox! And why did it come out for every platform except the Xbox????

Is David Beckhame soccer gonna be better???

Peace

stilly
04-02-2002, 08:02 AM
yep fifa 2002 is out in april or may, and david beckhams out may ish, but iss 2 is out in may also, and from what i've read (and havin played iss on n64, it's was THE football game, nothin compares ) it's the one to get, although beckham has got league teams in it rather then just country, which the other 2 have. but the choice is yours, me i'm gonna hang out for iss 2, and may get becks one aswell if it's any good.

Calve
04-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Yo stilly I haven't seen you around the forums that much!! so hey!

ne ways do you know if beckhams is gonna have the Portuguese league in it?????:)

Peace

jvpunk21
04-02-2002, 08:25 PM
FIFA World Cup is due out for xbox on april 24.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justincastle/usdatesapril.htm (http://)

This is not the same as the ps2 version. It has world cup play which the ps2 version lacks. This was very frustrating to play that version and qualify for the world cup but then not be able to play in it.

PEACE

stilly
04-03-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Calve
Yo stilly I haven't seen you around the forums that much!! so hey!

yeah i'm a newbie, only got me xbox march 14th, the day my life was complete,

ne ways do you know if beckhams is gonna have the Portuguese league in it?????:)

couldn't really say, i went to the web site, and it says that it'll feature 200 international and club teams, so maybe, if it's got a champions league jobbie, then there should be the top ones in there. i still think that iss 2 (international superstar soccer 2) will be the better option,(if it's like the first one) gameplay was always their strong point, plus it looks good, but beckhams is looking pretty dapper. if they can make it play well, it may be a tough choice. but with beckhams havin club teams the scales are tipping in his favor.

http://www.rage.com/davidbeckhamsoccer/main.html

Peace

stilly
04-04-2002, 09:17 AM
just read more blurb on fifa, and it has 16 leagues, and vastly improved game play, so there may be hope for it yet, plus it's out on april 26th, though thats the fifth release date i've read for it.:D

Calve
04-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Thanx stilly!!

I finally find a soccer fan around here :D

well cya around

Im considering all the soccer games!!! I might rentem all then compare!!!

Peace

stilly
04-05-2002, 01:45 AM
calve, you speak sense, as you get stuff way before us uk dudes, can ya keep me informed matey, i need a footie game, my thumbs are twitching, as i type.
cheers:eek:

Calve
04-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Yo!

Ya ill keep you informed over there in the UK!!!!!

Soccer is the best but its not that big here in Canada but my parents are Portuguese so i guess its kinda natural to be a soccer fan!!!!!

One thing: Is World Cup 2002 gonna have leagues like fifa 2002 or is it gonna be just with international teams??

Thanx

Peace

gtaplayer
04-05-2002, 04:56 PM
hey ima huge soccer fan and looking for a simulation type soccer game myself... i have read the previews on beckham and red card soccer...

and i have come to this conclusion...any game named after a player is never good...also any game made byu midway is only good multiplayer but is horrible single player...

calve if u wanna take the portugese internation team to the world cup thats cool u'll have a good chance with figo, paulo costa, and others but i suggest u leave canada out...

my self am defnitly gonna get this game and watch all of brazils games when the world cup arrives even if its gonna show at 6 in the morning...thats all i got lata

Calve
04-06-2002, 12:51 PM
gta player!!!

U brazilian?????

man Portugal better go far this year!! I am also going to wake up and watch the games!!!!

Man we got Figo, Pauleta, Xavier, Rui Costa, Conceciao, Gomes, Couto!!!!

But Brazil Kicks ass too!!!

Im part Brazilian and Argentine but Almost 100 % portuguese!!!!

If Portugal wins the world Cup it would be a perfect year for me = Canada winning Olympic Gold In hockey, And Portugal winning the World Cup!!!!!

MAN I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

gtaplayer
04-06-2002, 01:55 PM
hey, yea man im 100% brazilian...man i have never heard of a portugese/argentine,canadian in my life...wow thats weird...well dont get to happy about portugal...they lost to finland last week 4-1 i tink, and argentina tied cameroon 3-3 i think? last week in friendlies and brazil beat yugoslavia 1-0 yea i kno thats horrible...but im still waiting on the world cup even though i know for a fact brazil wont do that good...and the brazilian fans arecrazy for romario to come back...but the coaches and players dont want him, cuz all he does is net hang...but well see wat happens...see ya around

Calve
04-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Ya last week was dissapointing but that was a fluke!!!

Figo and costa ( 2 of the top ten players in the world) werent playing!!!!

If Portugal goes out i cheer for Brazil!!!!

i like Brazil more then Argentina!!!!!

Ronaldo didn't make the World cup team did he?!?!?!?!?

I watched the Brazil Yugoslavia game last week and Ronaldo got subbed off at half!!!

Peace

gtaplayer
04-06-2002, 04:01 PM
yea i was really hoping that portugal would win that...i gotta 100 dollar bet with my friends that if brazil goes against portugal in the world cup brazil wins...im betting that with 4 of myu portugese friends so thats 400 dollars im gonna win or lose

yea ronaldo got subbed at the half cuz of his injury, i was listening to the interview after the game and a journalist asked him if he could make the whole game and he said hell no he was tired as hell...so there ya but he defnitly will go to the world cup cuz of the contract he has with nike, he may play a little but he will go to the world cup...but whats up brazil is playing against portugal april 17th a friendly game thats gonna be awesome...im defnitly going to a bar and watchin a game..do u speak portugese?

Calve
04-06-2002, 04:31 PM
yea that game is gonna kick ass!!!!

me n my brother are going to his friends house to watch that game!!!!Its gonna be kick ass!!!!I hope portugal plays some of their stars!!!

I speak Portuguese but i can't write it!!!!

Whats your favourite club team????

Peace

gtaplayer
04-06-2002, 04:33 PM
yea same here...i could speak it but cant write...i go for brazil club team cruziero...u?

Calve
04-06-2002, 04:36 PM
My fav club team is a Portuguese team named Benfica!!!

PS Who do you think is the best player on Brazil???

I like Denilson ( is he on the team?? ) and Ronaldinho
Oh ya dont forget Rivaldo!!!

Peace

gtaplayer
04-06-2002, 04:43 PM
for portugese league i like whatever team jardel on...i think he was on bienfica but now he on sporting....i dont know?!?! my favorite player for brazil is roberto carlos and junior paulista...yea denilsion is on the team...my fav player from portugese is figo...i sitll remember a couple years back when the top 3 european players to win the award was figo, rivaldo, zidane...to bad zidane one...i swear i hate the french after they beat brazil in the world cup 98 :mad:

Calve
04-06-2002, 04:57 PM
ya Jardel plays on Sporting!!!! Hes gthe leading scorer in the league!!! Dont worry i hate French people too:) !!!!!

Figo won player of the year this year!!! Hes sooo good!!!

i g2g peace

gtaplayer
04-06-2002, 11:28 PM
hey i just read a review of fifa world cup 2002 and it looks like the game isnt gonna have no club teams on 2 modes of gameplay, which is road to world cup and friendly...so the game is gonna have only internation teams...which sucks...but it kinda sounds like ea just made this game half-assed cuz the cup is coming so im waiitng for fifa 2003...they say it willl be a lot better

Calve
04-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Ya i guess il wait for 2003 also!!!!!

I wanna try david beckham soccer..... that game looks good!!!

well thanx

Peace

Skarp
04-08-2002, 07:03 AM
To clear things up, although I know some of this has been said. Fifa World Cup is coming out soon, this is not Fifa 2002. This game will not have all the teams nor will be so far in depth so maybe this game will alright for a psudo soccer fan. The actual Fifa 200x series only releases their games annually in the fall. If there was to be a new installment in the Fifa series, which there probably will be, you can expect a Fifa2003 coming out sometime this fall.

Kaunteya
04-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Man, that sucks the dutch team isn't in the Fifa World Cup game.....

Yo about Brazil, did you see the UEFA Cup Semi finals?

Amoroso is a very good striker........

Inter was no match for Feyenoord...

Feyenoord will win the cup!!

I hope Brazil or Portugal will win the World cup!!! ROMARIO!!!!!!!

Calve
04-15-2002, 06:27 PM
yo are you dutch????

They have a good team!!!

my favs are Kluivert and Overmars

Peace

Nato King
04-16-2002, 01:29 PM
I don't know if anybody else put this link up but here it is.

Fifa 2002:
http://www.ea.com/easports/platforms/games/fifa2002/home.jsp

Kaunteya
04-16-2002, 01:33 PM
yeah i'm dutch.. Kluivert is good. The national team is alright.
It's a shame that they aren't going 2 S Korea and Japan.

Nistelrooy en Kluivert excelent duo <<

Isn't ISS coming out on the X-Box???

Calve
04-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Yep iss is comin im not sure when though:p
I think im gonna get David Beckham it looks good!!!!!

Holland was in Portugals qualifyine group!!!! Unfortunately North Ireland beat out Holland!!! I wanted Portugal to come in first (which they did :D) but i wanted Holland to come in second!!!

Peace

stilly
04-17-2002, 06:05 AM
read some reviews on beckhams footie game, and they don't reckon it's all that, it's got the worst commentators the world has ever seen, heard. thats my verdict being from england and knowing the pair in question, and the game play needs beefing up, they also reckon it will be well under either fifa or 1ss2 in terms of playabilty. which is a crying shame.:confused:

gtaplayer
04-17-2002, 06:46 AM
i dont think iss is coming out over here in the us...but i will def try it out if he gets over here

Calve
04-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Yp gtaplayer!!!!

Portugal tied Brazil 1-1!!!!!!!!

Man thats cool:p It was a close game but Portugal out played Brazil!!!!

That was a good game tho!!!!

Peace:)

gtaplayer
04-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Calve
Yp gtaplayer!!!!

Portugal tied Brazil 1-1!!!!!!!!

Man thats cool:p It was a close game but Portugal out played Brazil!!!!

That was a good game tho!!!!

Peace:)

yea 1-1 that sucks...but if either team won there would have been fights like crazy over here where i live in this town its just chops and brazilians...but its was a good game...

mann brazil dominated that game completely, but when scolari took out ronaldo it went down hill for brazil...but wateva man i gtg lata

Calve
04-20-2002, 09:48 PM
i live in this town its just chops and brazilians

R u bein racist??

Peace

gtaplayer
04-20-2002, 11:03 PM
hahaha no man im not being racist...first off the name chop is so common to call some one portugeses...besides if u think i was being racist, im like 25% portugese...so blah...

damn rivaldo hurt is knee, hes not sure if hes going to the world cup:mad: hes playing he played yeasterday w/ barcalona and when he scored he landed and it kinda looked like he was bumming his knee so this is no good

Calve
04-21-2002, 10:01 AM
ya i feel ya!!!

Manuel Rui Costa is hurt too!!!

Peace