View Full Version : Pirates the legend of black kat reveiw

Kilik
04-01-2002, 06:40 PM
presentation:4.5 out of 5
Graphics:4.5
Control:4.5
Sound:5.0
Gameplay:5.0

Presentation 4.5 The begining cinema is very good, and it pulls you into the game nicely.And it also has a good story even though it'sbeen told before (you know revenge) thats why I give it a 4.5

Graphics4.5 are done very well although I would expect a little better from the Xbox.The ocean looks amazing very nice water effects.The ship battles look great as well I really can't say why I can't bring myself to give the graphics a 5.0. It's just me I guess.

Control4.5 The control is smooth. Kat moves very realistic and responds well. It is easy to control the ships during battle. You have total control of the camera angles. My only problem with the control is when you are in the middle of a sword combo you can't jump or sidestep. This might be a little nit picky, but that's just me again.

Sound 5.0 The swords clanging together sound great, and the voice acting is very good. The music pulls you along in the game and makes you feel like a pirate. The ship battles sounds great when you have nine cannons firing at once. The background noises sound great also. You here seagulls and waves crashing against the shoreline.

Gameplay 5.0 This is a fun game. I think that EA must've put some thought into this game. All in all, I would recommend to all who like adventure games.

Master Gracey
04-01-2002, 06:44 PM
AAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you posted that. I was just going to post a thread myself asking if anyone had played this game (aside from the one review that's been on the reviews page since the game came out.) I always like many viewpoints, and so far not a single person has given this game a bad review.

It's not a REAL pirates game, but I'm going to have to give this a try. I just hope someone comes out with a realistic one someday soon.

And thanks for posting your review... it was very helpful.

Kilik
04-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Sorry I should have put this in the reveiws section ooops maybe
next time.

coolerf150
04-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Can you talk more a/b the fighting, does it seem child like. Like DK on 64 and are the things you find very usefull?

Kilik
04-01-2002, 08:47 PM
The fighting is cool looking. It looks like there was some motion capturing involved because of how realistic it looks. The fighting is pretty simple, the A button attacks and the L trigger blocks. You can use items with the Y button. There is also a rage meter thingy that builds up as you hit enemies with your sword. There is none of that locking on stuff in a lot of games with sword fighting nowadays.That's about it.