so we can all get some ideas.
:)

Bundy
04-01-2002, 08:13 PM
do you just have too much free time?

~nVidia~
04-01-2002, 08:19 PM
I like the silver one.

but I would never do that to my contoller!!!

Kooster
04-01-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Bundy
do you just have too much free time? Come on! Customizing ur Xbox was in May's OXM. It looks really cool. Why not paint ur controller? I'm doing mine glossy yellow. I'll post a pic as soon as I do it.

Cobra69
04-01-2002, 09:10 PM
wow nice job looks really good they should be manufactureing (i'm not the best speller) these

seriously i would honestly buy one. But what I would really like is a Chrome plated controler man would that shine with a bit of armorall UH HUH!!!

but congrates to you for those nice controlers ur braver then me

Kooster
04-01-2002, 09:14 PM
It is so easy to do! I might photograph me painting mine step by step to show you guys how easy it is. All you do is unscrew the shell, tape off the jewel, spray paint, and re-screw together. :cool:

Crazy Joe
04-01-2002, 10:39 PM
those look pretty sweet, is there a special spray paint you used, or what? i am thinking about doing some of my controllers.

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 10:43 PM
Looks cool. Put in some hardcore gaming sessions, couple hours at a time, all this week and then tell us how it does, like does paint come off, discoloration, rub off on hand etc.

Plewis
04-01-2002, 10:47 PM
those look pretty sweet. To the bundy fellow... we play videogames... do you expect us NOT to have much time on our hands:D I might paint my controller. As of now I would never touch my xbox... but I might build up the courage eventually. Maybe a bored summer doin:D I dont know what color I would paint my controller. I'm thinking green or silver. Maybe half green half silver...:D I could do a patriotic one. red white and blue:D Ill try to maybe do it by the end of the week. Im on spring break so I have plenty of time. :)

xbaaddict
04-01-2002, 11:00 PM
Those look to cool. I really don't think i would do mine though. You see it would look like a kindergartener's finger painting job lol.

88mph
04-01-2002, 11:00 PM
I used Testors brand spray paint . 2 Cans cost 7 bucks so it cheap and you will have tons of paint left for the console itself or other stuff you may want to paint
The paints i used were
1290 Chrome and 1639 Sapphire blue metal flake
:)

E-Vader
04-01-2002, 11:34 PM
When you take the controller apart can you also take the jewel apart? I was thinking that if you replace the Xbox jewel with say your XBA user tag that would look cool.:cool:

Supperdog
04-02-2002, 09:22 AM
DUDE THE SILVER ONE IS THE SAME ONE I HAVE! HOLY MOLY! Cool :)

Kooster
04-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by E-Vader
When you take the controller apart can you also take the jewel apart? I was thinking that if you replace the Xbox jewel with say your XBA user tag that would look cool.:cool: No, you can't take the jewel out. You just tape it off before you spraypaint it. And I wouldn't try taking the jewel out because I've heard of some bad outcomes.

Spaztic
04-02-2002, 10:03 AM
That silver on is sweet! I am going to paint my xbox silver once I have some more time. Does anyone know where to find the instructions on how to do this or that website that had them painted?

Plewis
04-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Im going out today to get the spray paint. Is there any special kind of spray paint you have to buy... it sounds like it would wear of on to your hands... I might want to buy some extra silver... if it would look cool on the xbox. I dont get the magazine so if you take pictures of ur painting ur xbox that would help a lot!

88mph
04-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Buy acrilic paints or paints that do not require a clear coat.
also put 3 light coats 1 hour apart instead of one heavy one . make shure the start, back and microsoft logos dont dissapear from to much paint .
once you paint them dont touch them for at least 24 hours.
you will know when the paint is dry when the smell is almost gone.
hope this helps
remember to post your pics.:)

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Is it me or does anyone else find painting your XBox and controllers kinda strange? :confused:

I'm with Lynxfx on this one...I would be too concerned with playing an eight hour session (or so) of Halo only to see that I have silver hands afterwards :(

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 02:56 PM
yea....i previously tryed to remove the jewel cover to but something different under. theirs this lil tab and it looks like it can be done...but bewarned...i couldn't!... i used a penknife and just ended up slipping and scratching the fiznuk out of my jewel cover.
oh well..that controllers blk.white, some and b buttons started to stick so i just brought it in EB and they gave me a new one (now i'm finally glad i bought that warranty!!)