PDA

View Full Version : how to acheive Black Quarma when...

Dark_Shadow2
04-01-2002, 08:38 PM
I ain't able to pass the first door because I can't save the fuzzles!

you need 20 point to pass the first door and you need to save some fuzzle to pass it but to acheive black you cant save anything so how do i pass this first door

Master Gracey
04-01-2002, 08:53 PM
This should probably be on a hints board or something... but...

You can still get black quarma if you save the bare minimum you need to get through a level.

There are only two times you HAVE to save something, and that is one of them. Save the 10 fuzzles so you can pass through the door, but be sure you don't save anything else. In fact, you have to KILL everything else throughout the whole game.

Just remember... there's one more time where you'll absolutely have to save something, and it'll VERY obvious to you when you see it. So let this be your "black quarma motto": if it isn't obvious, kill it.

Dark_Shadow2
04-01-2002, 08:59 PM
ok it needs to be killed

i thought that if i dint save them it was ok so i really need to get them out of the cage and kill them

Master Gracey
04-01-2002, 09:22 PM
Actually, it might work if you just leave the level without killing them, but I don't know. When I got black quarma, I physically killed everything that I was supposed to save... :rolleyes:

Don't ask why... it just seemed more fun that way. Like I said, either way, it might work. I just know that it definitely works if you kill everything. In fact, you get some special newspaper headlines when you do that... and they're REALLY funny, and they're worth killing everything for.

Dark_Shadow2
04-01-2002, 09:25 PM
ok thanx

runninutes
07-26-2003, 01:08 PM
I realize this is a really old thread, but I'm trying to get Black Quarma right now, so I was wondering the same thing. Everything I've read says that you do have to kill everything, so you can't just let the fuzzles stay in their cages - you have to let them out and get them killed.

Since I'm only a few levels in and just had to pass by the part shadow was talking about, I worried the same thing. Hope Master Gracey was right - I can't imagine them putting in an ending that's impossible to get, so they must give you the leeway to at least save those fuzzles and the other people you have to save in a later level for the same reason.

Here's a link to a page that gives screenshots of all of the endings to all of the Oddworld games so far. Interesting that one of them mentions that Abe will learn about his long lost mother when he meets Munch... since I don't remember any mention of Abe's mom.

http://users.pandora.be/dhannesen/Nosepicker/Oddworld%20endings.htm