PDA

View Full Version : xbox not doing so well overseas

Plewis
04-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Microsoft can lie about how their console is selling in europe and Japan... but I think the chart says it all. This is their stock value. See how the line goes down around launch dates in japan and europe. hopefully that will change.

Plewis
04-01-2002, 09:16 PM
while microsoft isnt doing so well... sony is thriving. This is sony's chart over the last 6 months.

*wishes he would have bought stock in sony*

This is not a fact that xbox isnt doing so well. It is just speculation by their stock. There has been no official announcement to my knowledge

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 10:56 PM
*notices that Sony's highest mark is 57*
*notices that Microsoft's lowest point is 57*

I have more faith in MS than Sony as an overall company. And of course I have more faith in MS as a console maker. :)

xtr0n187
04-02-2002, 07:02 AM
i THINK ANY DECENT RED-BLOODED AMERICAN WOULD INVEST THIER MONEY IN A COMPANY LIKE MICROSOFT, AN AMERICAN ICON, RATHER THAN THROW THIER MONEY INTO SOME SLANTY-EYED OVERSEAS COMPANY.

GET ON THE TEAM AND SCORE ONE FOR THE OL RED WHITE AND BLUE AND INVEST MICRO$OFT.

Plewis
04-02-2002, 10:06 AM
someone sounds a little racist. Also Microsoft is not a monopoly in videogames... but they are a monopoly in OTHER areas... that's why their stocks are a lot higher. Sony just makes electronics... and does not have a monopoly. One more thing, they might just not are selling 1-2 MS games with console, and are breaking even or losing on that. They could still be selling lots of consoles though... although its not likely:(

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Sony does alot more than just making electronics. Sony is very big in the media industry as well.

Sony Pictures Entertainment
>Columbia
>Tristar
>ScreenGems
>Sony Pictures Classics
Sony Pictures Studios
Sony Domestic Television
Game Show Network
Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Sony Movie Theatres (Loews)
Columbia House
Broadband Service

Then of course you got their computer division, gaming division, electronics division. There is alot to Sony. Sony is more diverse companywise, than Microsoft but that is where MS wants to go. I don't think they will start a movie studio though. :)

Plewis
04-02-2002, 10:46 AM
wow! I didnt realize they did that much:D But the point is... would you expect Sony's stock to be higher than microsoft?

Spaztic
04-02-2002, 10:47 AM
you cannot judge the success of the xbox by stock quotes, plus since the xbox is lossing money in hardware sales, wouldn't the stock go slightly down?

Plewis
04-02-2002, 10:51 AM
read ALL the above posts and you'll find ur answer;)

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 10:52 AM
Right bryanhls. Besides, Microsoft has already warned investors that they probably won't be making a profit with the Xbox for the first few years, some said 5 years. The stock is also affected by alot more than the Xbox, again just a section of the company, like the PS2 is just a fraction of Sony's company.

RudedogX
04-02-2002, 10:56 AM
The same worries were being made when the XBox was released in north america, but the reasoning is still the same, Microsoft is losing money on the sale fo the XBox for first couple of years. No biggie, as long as people keep purchasing XBox games, the stock will rise back up.