PDA

View Full Version : Blade 2 game from Activision?

Hugh_Jass
04-02-2002, 08:35 AM
Whatever happened to this game? I thought it was supposed to be out at the same time as the movie. (Muckyfoot is Peter Molyneaux's old crew, BTW.)

Marvel’s Renowned Vampire Hunter To Bring Intense Action and Hand-To-Hand Combat To The PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System and Xbox Video Game System From Microsoft

Santa Monica, CA November 20, 2001 -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) is entering the world of modern vampire lore with the development of Blade® 2 for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Blade 2 is an all-new, non-stop action-adventure that allows players to take on the role of Marvel’s half-vampire, half-human Super Hero on a quest to save the human race. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB and is scheduled for release in 2002.

Blade 2 takes Marvel’s vampire hunter and puts him in an entirely new adventure, said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. The advanced technology of Xbox and PlayStation 2 enables us to expand the Blade experience and provide fans with a brand new storyline, advanced combat maneuvers and all-new special effects.

Developed by UK-based developer Mucky Foot, Blade 2 lets players assume the role of Blade, the baddest of the vampire slayers. As Blade, players must make maximum use of his special abilities, weapons and martial arts moves to stop the vampire nation’s quest to create an all-new form of super-vampires known as Reapers. The game’s revolutionary multi-directional fighting system will allow players to take on blood sucking enemies as they attack from all directions. Spectacular visual effects add to the game’s realism as vampire foes are obliterated.

http://www.activision.com/investor/pressreleases/460.html

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 11:12 AM
Probably delayed. I remember seeing screenshots for it. It looked pretty good. Maybe it will be ready for when Blade II comes to DVD.

darianX
04-02-2002, 01:05 PM
I wasn't even aware of a Blade game....I'm more interested in BloodRayne...pretty much the same type of character as Blade but with cleavage :)

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Yea, this game was suppose to be out along with the movie.
I am getting tired of hearing about games being delayed!
Hopefully when it comes out it will be as tyte as the movie!!

Untill next time...:mad: