PDA

View Full Version : Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Hugh_Jass
04-02-2002, 10:25 AM
I found this old press release. As far as I know, nothing has been mentioned since. This seems odd for a game that is supposed to be released in Spring 2002. I can't find anything on their website. I wonder if the idea was canned?

French vidgame publisher and distributor Ubi Soft Entertainment has acquired the worldwide gaming rights for "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" from Sony Pictures Consumer Products. Ubi Soft is developing games based on the pic's warrior love story and martial arts theme; they bow spring 2002 for Sony's PlayStation 2, Nintendo's GameCube and Game Boy Advance, Microsoft's Xbox and the personal computer. In the past, Ubi Soft has inked license deals with Disney, Warner Bros., New Line and DreamWorks.

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder how a CTHD movie would play out? Sounds interesting though. I loved the movie, even the desert part. :)

Frost
04-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Thought the movie sucked but if the game makes more people support and play the xbox, I'm for it. Probably won't buy it myself if it comes out though. Up till now I havn't heard anything about it so I have no idea if it's been canned or something.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 02:22 PM
The movie wasnt all that good, as they made it look on the previews, but the game might be, just because we're gonna get to do all that fresh air-walkin!..lol

Untill next time...:mad:

LINKINPARK8591
04-02-2002, 04:12 PM
the movie was not all that good, yeah they could do a lot of cool things but it was to unreal. http://fan.quasi-evil.com/mb/gallery/mb18.jpg
"she's fine" :eek: :cool: :p :) :D :D

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 05:30 PM
the movie was not all that good, yeah they could do a lot of cool things but it was to unreal.

Hence the idea of a fantasy film. I hate Superman because it was just unreal. Flying man? :rolleyes:

But I'm not here to defend the film. So exactly what type of game would this be? RPG, 3rd person action, 1st person?