PDA

View Full Version : Crime Scene Investigation : A game that requires thought?

Hugh_Jass
04-02-2002, 11:11 AM
I am curious to find out how they can make this game accessible to the layman without dumbing it down too much to be fun.

Under the deal with CBS Consumer Products and Alliance Atlantis, Ubi Soft will create "CSI" games for all platforms, including PCs and consoles PlayStation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. PC version will be the first to ship worldwide in the latter half of 2003.

Series centers on a team of Las Vegas crime scene investigators who crack seemingly unsolvable cases through expert study and analysis of the evidence. Show features a highly realistic and sometimes graphic portrayal of the scientific tactics used to track down criminals, and appeals to a broad, affluent audience of computer-savvy fans who love suspense, mystery and reality TV.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=ev_story&articleid=VR1117861753&categoryid=1009&query=xbox&display=xbox&cs=1

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Could be interesting if they pull it off correctly...though, I must admit, I have never been a fan of the series "CSI" from a viewer's standpoint. I guess we'll see what happens as they proceed with the development :)

Spaztic
04-02-2002, 11:41 AM
could be very cool if it is done correctly.

E-Vader
04-03-2002, 06:38 AM
Think, Think why do I want to play a thinking game???, Thats why I play games to Unthink (is that right)

lol:D

Bundy
04-03-2002, 07:43 AM
I love CSI. I am not sure if it would work as a video game though. It would be pretty sweet if they could pull it off.

Hugh_Jass
04-03-2002, 07:47 AM
I've never seen the show on television. I was thinking it might be similar to the old Blade Runner game on the PC. That was all about investigation and a lot of fun.

Bundy
04-03-2002, 07:51 AM
Hugh I reccommend you check out an episode or two. I watch it every week (thursdays 9:00 pm CBS).