PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2: Is it any good?

Cannibal Corpse
04-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi All,

I need to know if any of you played/own Blood Omen 2, and if you recommend it or not. I am planning to rent it first.

Thanks for your insights.

Spaztic
04-02-2002, 11:36 AM
go to the new releases section of this forum. It has everyones reviews in it!

Cannibal Corpse
04-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Sorry, but I can not find the 'New Releases'...Can you direct me?

TIA

JJaX
04-02-2002, 11:45 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/released.php?Product_ID=206

Brevity
04-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Just so you know This Game ROCKS! I mean I played my first day for 6h and did not even get tired of taking the head clean off fools or hitting them in the growing w/my bat. I would recomend it to anyone who likes,,,well games. Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feel like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.:D

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 03:03 PM
Oh most def..this game is pretty tyte..the fact that one can use Kain's dark powers such as rupture and posession is one in a milloin!

Untill next time...:mad:

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm curious...how would any Blood Omen 2 owner compare their level of excitement towards this game with Max Payne?

JJaX
04-02-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm curious...how would any Blood Omen 2 owner compare their level of excitement towards this game with Max Payne?

Max payne is mad short and to easy.

Blood omen 2 has a cool story and gameplay runs at a smooth pace. It feels good to be the bad guy ;)

I love playing this game before catching some Z's. Pretty high most the time too. :D

but ive been a fan of the kain/soul reaver games since the orginal blood omen on PSX.

JimmieDoogan
04-02-2002, 03:50 PM
These games are so great (the legacy of kain series) that only my death or their cancelation can cause me to miss any of them. But I can't honestly say this game will appeal to everyone. If your a Soul Reaver fan, you will not like the controls. They feel cumbersom in comparison to SR1and2. It's not to say their usless, but rather unintuitive in comparison. The battle mechanics are also clunky, causing you to press the L button in conjunction with enemy action. Its not too bad, but the fact that Kain doesn't react as fast as it seems he should (especially for some suposedly bad ass vamp). At times, his animation moves so slow it prevents you from jumping out of the way from an enemy attack and causes you to get hit. Its very annoying as it is easy for your enemies to kill you (as it should be) but not to easy. Another thing I don't like is that if they duck and you are still swinging your weapon they are impervious to your attacks. As if Kain couldn't bend down and grab him or even slice downward. In reality, the tactics used in battle are usless, which I don't like as SR was a totally different story. Granted, blocking is SR2 is null and void, but unnecissary as you can move in 3D. Another thing, while the control scheme is called 3D, it feels very confining. When you move back and forward you press the corrisponding direction, and to turn you press left to right. This would be fine, if there were a way to strafe, but the only way to do that is to press the attack mode button which leads those around you to fear or anger. However, dispite those grips, it still holds up as a great game. I love to pick up a helpless human as they cowar before me. Grab em by their necks and stab them in the stomach twice, so they can get back up and fall right back in my hand, where I stab em twice in the stomach then once in the heart, only to proceed by drinking them dry. I do also like the jump attack. When you jump at someone from far away and knock them down, only to STAB them in their back opening up a huge wound that allows you to drink their every existance right from their organs.... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!... oh sorry. Got lost there. Anyway, if you are new to the series, it may be a little bit of a difficult romp (both to grasp and to want to play) but if you've played and enjoyed any part to this worlds history (ie.. Legacy of Kain Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver II) then you'll be in heaven with this game.

Brevity
04-02-2002, 04:47 PM
Well each is great and new in its own right Max. Bullet time rocked in Max Pain and after beating the game (quickly) I thought the dream part was cool. I liked the guns and the level design. BO2 is great for its control and as someone said the being bad part rocks,,,,really rocks. When you use those powers your left with a real since that the game brought something new and fresh to the table. Both games suffer from being to linear and pain from length. Both suffer from longevity, not likely you would replay BO2. But where BO2 and Pain diverge is that in one your good and in the other your bad and if you ask me plenty of American don’t mind being bad now and again. ;)

Afro Aura
04-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
Hi All,

I need to know if any of you played/own Blood Omen 2, and if you recommend it or not. I am planning to rent it first.
Thanks for your insights.
Hmmm Blood Omem 2 tricky one here, the game is smooth and slick, it's very vicious and a pretty boring

It's the the old 3D platform game press this button to do this and the other to do that not my sort of game but in saying that I'm keeping it until I've finished it as it is rather slick, if your looking for a 3D platform with vicious sides in there then get hold of Blood Omen 2

PS it may get better I'm only on chapter 3

thunderkiss2k1
04-03-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Hmmm Blood Omem 2 tricky one here, the game is smooth and slick, it's very vicious and a pretty boring

It's the the old 3D platform game press this button to do this and the other to do that not my sort of game but in saying that I'm keeping it until I've finished it as it is rather slick, if your looking for a 3D platform with vicious sides in there then get hold of Blood Omen 2

PS it may get better I'm only on chapter 3

Afro, just wait until you see his "immolate" ability and his "charm" ability. I rather think you will like it. Peace.

Toder
04-05-2002, 12:57 AM
i'll admit this game is pretty cool and has alot of neat features. But don't go and waste 50 bucks on the game. Just rent the game. I did and beat it without having to pay any late charges. But if your one of those people who are into the whole Legacy of Kain then this game is probally something for you to pickup and have in your collection other than that there is no real need to buy this game.

04-07-2002, 11:24 AM
I wish I would've rented it, but I don't have much patience so I bought it right away. I wish I would've rented it first, because it didn't take long to beat. My index fingers started to hurt from holding down the triggers all the time when fighting. The graphics aren't very good either. With my only gripes aside, it's a fun game, and I love messing around with the townspeople. Those people that make you get passwords to open the doors make me mad...when I get the password and they open the door I grab them by the throat and slice off their heads for the trouble. All in all, it's a fun game to play, but the graphics aren't too good, it's short, and the fighting sequences get rather tedious (block, block, hit, hit, hit, repeat...). I'm trying to make myself like it since I spent 50 bucks on it... . My brothers play it a lot, and I'll probably dig it out in a little bit. Or I might take that and Munch's Oddysee to Funcoland and trade them for Rallisport or something.