PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Internet Multiplayer

cornflake
04-02-2002, 12:34 PM
I Was wondering, Do we have to pay like a monthly fee to play our xboxes online when it is activated? i already have broadband ADSL

Crazy Joe
04-02-2002, 12:34 PM
probably, nobody knows for sure yet what is with Xbox Online.

Whisper
04-02-2002, 12:36 PM
its rumored to be called 'XBOX Live' and cost 14.95/month plus a small installation fee...

but this was reported by IGN GAME CUBE not IGN XBOX... Microsoft later denied it anyway...

cornflake
04-02-2002, 12:38 PM
good im a cheap bastard

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 12:50 PM
what i'm wondering is.....lets say i got dsl...and i suscribe to xbox online ( or whatever their gonna call it). now lets say i have 3 friends over.....will we all be able to play on my account online..of course assuming i have 4 voicecommunicator sets? or do u think their gonna arrange it so each of my friends would have to have their own account...and if so..how would we all log on through the 1 console at my house?

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Well, DXNUTZ...I think it's only going to be one account per XBox, not per individual. That would make much more sense, I would think.

I hope it's only going to be around $10 per month or less. :confused:

cornflake
04-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, DXNUTZ...I think it's only going to be one account per XBox, not per individual. That would make much more sense, I would think.

I hope it's only going to be around $10 per month or less. :confused:

duede..lets hope its free!!!

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 01:11 PM
ol..well if it aint free, it better be like Maximus said $10 a month..betta yet $5.99!

Untill next time...:mad:

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 01:15 PM
i think ya'll is wishing....i don't think its gonna be less then 10 or more then 20....19.99 is my guess and i want that to go on my permant record!!!! i'm hoping they offer some sort fo deal for buying like a year or 2 and then hopefully they'll give a discount price or hook you up with free voice communicators...that would be sweet.

Huckleberry
04-02-2002, 01:29 PM
yeah, dz...i agree with you and maxey. i don't think it's gonna be free. there will be a lot of infrastructure costs to account for and since MS already has taken a hit for each xbox produced, i doubt they'll want to absorb the complete cost of online gaming...just so we can play for free.

there is a price point that they will find where the maximum amount of addicts will sign up. they know that if they price too high, it will keep a lot of the younger players out (or at least those that can't get their parents to foot it for them). if it's free, they end up being the ones footing the bill. somewhere in between is a price that doesn't seem like too much, but will cover their costs when multiplied out over all of us addicts worldwide.

i can't wait for it to happen...and hopefully, by then, earthlink will have figured out why my dsl is not much faster than my modem (that's why i haven't been into gamespy or xbconnector)

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
yeah, dz...i agree with you and maxey. i don't think it's gonna be free. there will be a lot of infrastructure costs to account for and since MS already has taken a hit for each xbox produced, i doubt they'll want to absorb the complete cost of online gaming...just so we can play for free.

there is a price point that they will find where the maximum amount of addicts will sign up. they know that if they price too high, it will keep a lot of the younger players out (or at least those that can't get their parents to foot it for them). if it's free, they end up being the ones footing the bill. somewhere in between is a price that doesn't seem like too much, but will cover their costs when multiplied out over all of us addicts worldwide.

i can't wait for it to happen...and hopefully, by then, earthlink will have figured out why my dsl is not much faster than my modem (that's why i haven't been into gamespy or xbconnector)

Good points here, Hucklemeister! To make the on-line forum successful, they need subscribers. I mean, Microsoft can boast all of the technology they want, but, without the gamers, it'll just be a flop. That's why they need to do this right the first time around. They need to make a fair price, but, I do agree that it shouldn't be free. I mean, come on...I think many of us have literally been spoiled by getting things for free. But, the XBox is not a computer...and, the vast majority of broadband owners will use it for their regular internet needs rather than have a dedicated broadband modem for their XBox. So, this isn't really the internet, it's just a way to play games on-line. That's how I have accepted the fact that it's going to cost us... I just hope it's reasonable and doesn't shun away the vast majority of broadband users that own XBoxes.

cornflake
04-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Now wait just a second tho see they could get gamespy as like a matchmaking service for xbox and we would host the games on our own connections, like PC gaming look i would pay a one time sign up fee or some **** but i dont think i could convine my parents to pay extra