PDA

View Full Version : FED UP WITH Halo Online



JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Dont get me wrong. PLaying halo online is a great thing to do and everyone should try it. But im just fed up with everyones attitude on gamespy.

"NO one can beat me!"
"Im undeafeted!"
"WE ARE THE BEST!"

People have to realize that the host always will have an advantage online. But even if you let them host and you still Stomp there ass they call you a cheater and curse you out. Im tired of this immaturity on gamespy. Its full of egotistic little punks that cant except the fact that theres better people out there.

So then we tried out xboxconnector and went on IRC to #XBC.
I thought it was cool, but then i began to talk to a admin there. I know he plays all the time and he's good. But JJaX Laid the smack down on his candy ass and he banned us. Real mature Right? Claiming were rocket whores, Well the rockets in the freaking game why shouldnt i use it? But after some talking we got unbanned and whooped his ass again. (keep in mind he was hosting too)

Kept crying about how were cheap. Hey, I play the game to win man......

So from here on out, Im not playing anyone unless they know me from XBA or they are cool dudes.

But bewarned, 75% people out there host games and make the rules where 0 ping will dominate (sniping is almost useless with 150 ping). But even when they still get stomped by my me and my squad they start crying that were cheap. How is beating them in there own game cheap????

And if you do play on gamespy and youkick ass when you host, Let them host a game too and see what happens. Determine the better player by point spread afterwards.........

Im just fed up with sore losers....Suck it up.

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey, JJaX! Dude, I played with XTopia last night and we had a blast! We teamed up and played against "Blade", a person not known to XBA, however, goes on Gamespy and just likes to have fun! Blade and his roomate always play as a team of two and XTopia and I joined their game as the opposing team. Blade utilizes a Fiber optic connection and XTopia and I were 100% free from lag! No host advantage whatsoever! Yes, this may sound astonishing...but, not even the slightest hicup of lag occured.

And, while I am at it, Xtopia was d a m n impressive! That man has some skills, especially in Blood Gulch Team Slayer! He got 30 kills and I only got 20!! Funny thng is, I remember beating XTopia just a couple months ago...but, now, the dude is not a force to reckon with on Blood Gulch!

The rules were no radar and only Warthogs. So, there were no tanks or ghostships. It was mainly a Rocket Launcher, Sniper, and Pistol fight (and a plethera of grenades :D)

XTopia told me that you and him played last night! He said that you only beat him by "13 kills"! lol...d a m n, JJaX, you da man!

I made up some ground when XTopia and I played against Blade in Battlecreek, Hang Em High, and Longest. Longest is not my favorite level...neither I or Xtopia favor that level. So, Blade and "Bodine", Blade's roomate, pretty much whipped us. In Hang Em High, we were dominant just as we were in Blood Gulch...and we were very evenly matched while playing Battlecreek...Xtopia and I only lost by one point making the score 50-49! I love games like that even if you lose!!

Anyway, I thought I would share that fun information. But, I know what you mean about some of the dudes on-line. I just play against people that I save on my player list :) I have tons of friends and it makes the on-line play so much more enjoyable that way :)

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:22 PM
I didnt play xtopia last night.........

We made it to the tunnel than he never joined the system link game...

Hmmmmm, Is there a JJaX imposter????????

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I didnt play xtopia last night.........

We made it to the tunnel than he never joined the system link game...

Hmmmmm, Is there a JJaX imposter????????

Hmmm...I thought he said last night...maybe he meant a different night :confused:

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus


Hmmm...I thought he said last night...maybe he meant a different night :confused:

the only time ive played with xtopia was in a FFA to 50 on gulch. He had 13 kills. Maybe thats what he meant to say......


*EDIT* Props to Xtopia for scoring that high of a score against us, with LAG! :eek: *EDIT*

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by JJaX


the only time ive played with xtopia was in a FFA to 50 on gulch. He had 13 kills. Maybe thats what he meant to say......

Ahh! Okay, maybe I misunderstood...quite possible in the heat of action :D

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Max, id like to do a one on one with you sometime.....

You can host, Than i can host. Should be good fun, You should see us more often on XBC now.

silvertrace
04-03-2002, 01:33 PM
sup fellas.....i feel ur pain.....i might be new here, and not well known, but i know where ur coming from....i have a regular partner that i join games with(he hosts) and we dismantle people on a normal basis....we get called cheaters and occasionally get called "the best we've ever played".....all this took place at lamespy where the experienced played knows the deal....HOST RULES.....so me and him decide to start joining games and its the same result....we wax fools and they start callin us rocket whores and such....but i have to admit.....the pistol is my savior....to me its lag free....u gimme a pistol and i'm gonna own ur chit....

but all this is a mute point....xbconnect came out with version .99m last nite and if i haven't said it before i'll repeat....GET IT, stop stalling.....and get it.....it ridiculously cuts down on lag.....u don't even need mIRC...u can rely on people to just join ur game, (u have a comment box to allow others to know what the game is even before they join).....mIRC is a hotbed for wannabe hackers anyways, as i've heard......so if u haven't tried xbconnect yet, its ur own fault....what r u gonna lose.....just pride if u lose.......:D

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Max, id like to do a one on one with you sometime.....

You can host, Than i can host. Should be good fun, You should see us more often on XBC now.

Hey, JJaX...just so you know, I've pretty much dropped XBC. Only GameSpy for me...atleast at the moment :)

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus


Hey, JJaX...just so you know, I've pretty much dropped XBC. Only GameSpy for me...atleast at the moment :)

The latest version runs great, and oraganizing is easy through IRC. But you know all that already.....

silvertrace
04-03-2002, 01:38 PM
*taps mic.....is this on?

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
sup fellas.....i feel ur pain.....i might be new here, and not well known, but i know where ur coming from....i have a regular partner that i join games with(he hosts) and we dismantle people on a normal basis....we get called cheaters and occasionally get called "the best we've ever played".....all this took place at lamespy where the experienced played knows the deal....HOST RULES.....so me and him decide to start joining games and its the same result....we wax fools and they start callin us rocket whores and such....but i have to admit.....the pistol is my savior....to me its lag free....u gimme a pistol and i'm gonna own ur chit....

but all this is a mute point....xbconnect came out with version .99m last nite and if i haven't said it before i'll repeat....GET IT, stop stalling.....and get it.....it ridiculously cuts down on lag.....u don't even need mIRC...u can rely on people to just join ur game, (u have a comment box to allow others to know what the game is even before they join).....mIRC is a hotbed for wannabe hackers anyways, as i've heard......so if u haven't tried xbconnect yet, its ur own fault....what r u gonna lose.....just pride if u lose.......:D

Hey, Silvertrace! Good to see you again, buddy! We've played on-line several times and you are on my player list, as you may know, in Gamespy. Honestly, I haven't tried XBConnect yet...but, I will...and, I definately won't use mIRC so I don't have to read the trash talkers on there. But, in Gamespy, I primarily play people that I know from my extensive buddy list. So, I rarerly have "trash talker" problems. I just like to play people that are on-line and want to have fun!

If you recall, our most recent game session we played was Hang Em High with no radar. I hosted one game and you hosted the second. The game I hosted I won 15-3 and the game you hosted you won 15-5. As you can see, it's difficult to play against people when they are located all the way across the country. With me being in Seattle, WA and you on the East Coast, it certainly gives the host the advantage, even on 1 v 1 matches. Does XBConnect provide a solution to this problem?

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
sup fellas.....i feel ur pain.....i might be new here, and not well known, but i know where ur coming from....i have a regular partner that i join games with(he hosts) and we dismantle people on a normal basis....we get called cheaters and occasionally get called "the best we've ever played".....all this took place at lamespy where the experienced played knows the deal....HOST RULES.....so me and him decide to start joining games and its the same result....we wax fools and they start callin us rocket whores and such....but i have to admit.....the pistol is my savior....to me its lag free....u gimme a pistol and i'm gonna own ur chit....



Resort to tactics that will give you victory. Thats what we do.


(non host) Dominate the power ups and pistol whip them if they even try to get a sniper rifle. use the Roclet launcher, alot.

(Host) **YAWN!** To easy............

But i agree, I think the pistol is the best gun in muliplayer. Amazing range, accuracy, rate of fire, reload time. Head shots are nice too after a well placed grenade ;)

silvertrace
04-03-2002, 01:43 PM
IS WONDERING WHY MAXIMUS IS STILL POSTING, he should be downloading xbconnect v99m so he can play a game with silvertrace.....only way to see if it works is to try it ........cmon....:eek:

Ninja Scroll
04-03-2002, 01:45 PM
Dont get mad JJax, ... maybe this pic will cheer you up little trooper? I did for me!














http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040202/toejamandearl/toejam_screen002.jpg

Toe Jam & Earl III, Xbox Exclusive!

:D

JJaX
04-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Dont get mad JJax, ... maybe this pic will cheer you up little trooper? I did for me!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/040202/toejamandearl/toejam_screen002.jpg

Toe Jam & Earl III, Xbox Exclusive!

:D

Gee thanks Ninja...

But i swear, last night i wanted to jump into the gamespy chat room and just slit every little punks throat and s4it in there ear. I was very very heated.......

shererboat
04-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
But i swear, last night i wanted to jump into the gamespy chat room and just slit every little punks throat and s4it in there ear. I was very very heated.......

ill vouch for that, JJaX was more rampid than what i picture Max would be if they reinstated prohibition (da mn, id be the same way MaX!!!!)

......so we just gave up on gampespy and xbc altogether, played sum team matches on lan (me and JJaX conveniently drilled a hole in our wall so we can connect our boxes with ease!!!:D ), got 2 cases of brewha, and problem solved!!!......

though i too am sick of all the whimpering and whining, along with the headache it takes to get into a good match online!!!!!

JJaX
04-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by shererboat


ill vouch for that, JJaX was more rampid than what i picture Max would be if they reinstated prohibition (da mn, id be the same way MaX!!!!)

......so we just gave up on gampespy and xbc altogether, played sum team matches on lan (me and JJaX conveniently drilled a hole in our wall so we can connect our boxes with ease!!!:D ), got 2 cases of brewha, and problem solved!!!......

though i too am sick of all the whimpering and whining, along with the headache it takes to get into a good match online!!!!!

Yeah i got drunk as s4it last night.......But we still managed to get some good gaming on......

4 player race on a lan is Fun fun fun!

thunderkiss2k1
04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey Maximus, JJax and Silvertrace, I'm getting my hub and usb to ethernet cables tonight. I'm the same all over the net, so just look for this nick. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your winning streaks. Lol, peace.:D

JJaX
04-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Hey Maximus, JJax and Silvertrace, I'm getting my hub and usb to ethernet cables tonight. I'm the same all over the net, so just look for this nick. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your winning streaks. Lol, peace.:D

Big talk only leads to bigger disappointments.........

NsomniA
04-03-2002, 02:29 PM
though i too am sick of all the whimpering and whining, along with the headache it takes to get into a good match online!!!!!

I had some friends over for a LAN party a couple of weeks ago and we thought it would be fun to go online on a single xbox for a couple of games. Took 15 minutes to get a 4 xbox game going and then there was so much lag it wasn't even worth it. Now I just play single player online games when no one's around.

shererboat
04-03-2002, 02:33 PM
the funny thing is (actually its not that funny at all) after about 20 minutes of lookin for a match and talkin to people in the tunnel, we finally got into a match and launched the game........BUT, this JACKA$$ on the other team, decided to change his team color at the last second and made it a 4 on 2 instead of 3v3!!!!! AAGGHHHH!!!!!!!

JJaX
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NsomniA


I had some friends over for a LAN party a couple of weeks ago and we thought it would be fun to go online on a single xbox for a couple of games. Took 15 minutes to get a 4 xbox game going and then there was so much lag it wasn't even worth it. Now I just play single player online games when no one's around.

Thats another thing...Everybody thinks they can host 4 xboxes on a cable connection. I always warn them that there wasting there time. But they jsut say things like "shut up" and i get kicked.

Oh well.....

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
IS WONDERING WHY MAXIMUS IS STILL POSTING, he should be downloading xbconnect v99m so he can play a game with silvertrace.....only way to see if it works is to try it ........cmon....:eek:

lol, dude...I'm at work...but, when I get home, I'll try it out. I can't tonight, though...but, I will tomorrow aroudn 6:00pm PST :D

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Hey Maximus, JJax and Silvertrace, I'm getting my hub and usb to ethernet cables tonight. I'm the same all over the net, so just look for this nick. Oh yeah, and say goodbye to your winning streaks. Lol, peace.:D

lol, thunderkiss...sound cool! But, dude, I remember how confident I was when I first played on-line, however, later I found my ass in a sling! But, practice makes perfect :D

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by shererboat
the funny thing is (actually its not that funny at all) after about 20 minutes of lookin for a match and talkin to people in the tunnel, we finally got into a match and launched the game........BUT, this JACKA$$ on the other team, decided to change his team color at the last second and made it a 4 on 2 instead of 3v3!!!!! AAGGHHHH!!!!!!!

lol, I hate that! I know what you mean, man....I've grinded my teeth down to my gums because of idiots like that! By the way, please don't repeat the words "reinstate prohibition"!! Dude, you're going to give me an ulser!! :D hehe