PDA

View Full Version : xbox online or gamespy??

No Fear 23
04-03-2002, 02:01 PM
should i wait for the xbox online to come out? or get gamespy??

i know about gamespy, but i dont have all the money to buy all those extra stuff that i need to play, like the hub, cat5, etc.

xbox online will come out sometime at the end of spring or beggining of the summer, by that time ,i'll be able to have the money to buy those stuff that i need to play gamespy or the xbox online.

i want to kick some asz soon

should i wait or not???

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 02:03 PM
Honestly...if you play Halo on-line, you won't want to buy a new game until the new On-line network is up. It's awesome!

Plewis
04-03-2002, 02:06 PM
if you dont have much money it sounds like you wont be able to afford xbox live... I have been waiting for xbox live to go online also. One thing that might get me on gamespy is... i dont know if halo will be online... i think they didnt put that in the game

Spike Minoda
04-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Yeah max is right. i have gotten gamespy tunnel last weekend and i think it will last till summer 2002. I love this!

you will too. you can get an ethernet cable for like 2.50 (USD) instesad of 15.OO for a xbox system link. routers are only 25.OO

Gamespy is free. :D

No Fear 23
04-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
if you dont have much money it sounds like you wont be able to afford xbox live... I have been waiting for xbox live to go online also. One thing that might get me on gamespy is... i dont know if halo will be online... i think they didnt put that in the game

i can afford it if i stop spending money on golf stuff. im buying new clubs and shiat. last year i was a state quilifier and finished 5th in division 2. im gonna win it this year!

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 02:10 PM

That's another good point....Halo won't be able to be played on-line this summer via Microsoft's new on-line forum. Unless Bungie provides an add-on disc, the only way to play Halo on-line is by other means (Gamespy, XBConnect, or XBoxconnector, etc).

Personally, I can't wait for Unreal Championship this summer!!!! Yeah!! :D

JJaX
04-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

That's another good point....Halo won't be able to be played on-line this summer via Microsoft's new on-line forum. Unless Bungie provides an add-on disc, the only way to play Halo on-line is by other means (Gamespy, XBConnect, or XBoxconnector, etc).

Personally, I can't wait for Unreal Championship this summer!!!! Yeah!! :D

You beat me to it. People have to realize that system link games wont be played through MS online network.

Plewis
04-03-2002, 02:28 PM
i bet bungie will make an add on disk for online play... maybe with a few extra levels, and multiplayer levels:p that would be sweet!:eek:

JJaX
04-03-2002, 02:35 PM
i bet bungie will make an add on disk for online play... maybe with a few extra levels, and multiplayer levels:p that would be sweet!:eek:

When confronted about the halo 1.5 rumors the bungie team basicaly said "STFU, Were working on the PC version now"

Plewis
04-03-2002, 02:58 PM
yeah I know:( but one can hope

mahalan
04-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Gamespy's a quick fix. Once MS online is up and running, Tunnel will wilt like a picked flower. If you can only afford one, wait for the real thing. Otherwise, go for both.