PDA

View Full Version : Why ''GameShark'' users are bashed?

Cannibal Corpse
04-03-2002, 02:30 PM
I mean they made this device to make people's lives easier:

Not everybody has ALL the time in the World to play a given game: We humans have school, social life, wives, and girlfriends.

I hate "bragging" people with their "Super Human" skills.

Granted, the 'pure' satisfaction comes from beating a level/boss for the 100th times, but when you have other things in life besides playing game, what difference does it make when you can see (and enjoy) the ending of a game whether it is accomplished by 100 tries or a simple code?
(in other words the method of enjoying a game is not particularly important in this day and age, as long as you can at least get to see the ending or access to the secret areas of a given game)

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Snoopy7548
04-03-2002, 02:37 PM
yea, gameshark is awesome, its just that some people always cheat, which means they have no skill in games, and we look down on them. the only times i really ever cheat is after i beat a game, or if its like the last time im gonna play the game (rental), or if im bored with it

JJaX
04-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Its annoying to talk to someone says doom II is easy on nightmare. But they forget to mention that they typed 'idclev30' then 'iddqd' then "idkfa" and never really played the whole game.

I cant stand the fact that people cheat to beat games.

I say cheat all you want, after you play the game the way the developers designed it to be played.

But hey thats just me. And i play my games and balance my social life just fine. Just because people dont stoop to cheat codes and can beat a game with the greatest of ease doesnt mean they dont get pu55y. YA STAND ME?

I dont know, I seem to be capable of getting the hang of any game withen a minute or 2. Maybe i just learn fast or have good hand to eye coordination.

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Wow...sounds interesting...what is this thing called "life"? All I do is play games :D

No, but seriously...I have never used Gameshark and never will. I really hope Gameshark is not compatible with any on-line games. That would severely ruin it.

DaN_HiBiKi
04-03-2002, 03:48 PM
A little game called Phantasy Star Online can explain why GS users are bashed.

Hugh_Jass
04-03-2002, 04:34 PM
It's your XBOX.
It's your game.

Enjoy it any way you want. If that means using GameShark, so be it.

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
It's your XBOX.
It's your game.

Enjoy it any way you want. If that means using GameShark, so be it.

I agree, but, I hope GameShark is not utilized with on-line games this summer. That would seriously ruin it.

terrapin
04-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Life is a JOURNEY not a destination enjoy the trip!

SciFi
04-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Xbox got a Game Shark???

Cannibal Corpse
04-03-2002, 05:29 PM
To SciFi:
======

I saw your signature, althoug it is very funny, but as a friendly reminder: Don't be biased towards a specific game console/company. There are many games that are on other platforms that not (yet) on XBox.

Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sure when those titles get a 'good' port on XBox, they would definitely benefit from XBox's superior hardware capacity, but monopolizing the gaming industry (M$'s definite target, in my predition) is NOT cool...(look what they did to Netscape)

Anyways, enjoy the games (on any platform) and happy gaming! (I know I am!)