PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a new Xbox.

Donaldson
04-03-2002, 06:02 PM
So for the first couple months I had no problems, but a few weeks ago the menu screen screwed up on UFC and I couldn't navigate up and down in the game mode screen. I called Bill and he said that I had to reformat the hard drive and that it was a problem with the game and not the system. Then yesterday I was playing Bond and I got to a certain mission and the system just went to the startup screen as if I had started it with no game in. Then I restarted and got to the end of the mission and the game paused for no reason (as if I had pressed start) then like 20 seconds later it froze. I tried it later in the evening and it did the same thing at the same spot in the mission (pause then freeze). So I thought it was the game then I put in THPS 3 and as it was loading a level it froze. I restarted and then it worked fine for the rest of the night. Do you guys think that the problem is with my system or that Bond did something to screw it up? Thanx for any help.

No Fear 23
04-03-2002, 06:05 PM
must be one of those less than 10 post curse. i dont know how, but thats what they say:)

Crazy Joe
04-03-2002, 06:06 PM
probably the system, not sure what specifically though, maybe someone else knows more. :rolleyes:

XBOX Dude
04-03-2002, 06:07 PM
first off check those cd for scratches and listen to your xbox, does it make any weird sounds when this happens and if you send it in you'll get it back within in 2 days from when you send it trust me i sent mine in for reapirs and i was pleased

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 06:09 PM
XBox problems usually occur to people that have less than 10 posts on this website! So, post away, make friends and watch your XBox purr with delight! :D

Crazy Joe
04-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
XBox problems usually occur to people that have less than 10 posts on this website! So, post away, make friends and watch your XBox purr with delight! :D

It does seem to happen that way, but it makes sense. Most of the people are here to hear stuff about Xbox, for the community, etc. But if someone has a major problem with their Xbox, they probably search for Xbox forums sites to ask for advice. People should not be discredited for having low posts. At least not if their problems sounds realistic. e.g. My Xbox caught on fire is obviously not realistic.

Donaldson
04-03-2002, 06:16 PM
I was browsing the forums long before I had problems with my Xbox. I just thought if I didn't have something useful to say then I wouldn't post. I only post if someone has a question that I know the answer to--which isn't very often as you can see from my number of posts.

l Maximus l
04-03-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

It does seem to happen that way, but it makes sense. Most of the people are here to hear stuff about Xbox, for the community, etc. But if someone has a major problem with their Xbox, they probably search for Xbox forums sites to ask for advice. People should not be discredited for having low posts. At least not if their problems sounds realistic. e.g. My Xbox caught on fire is obviously not realistic.

lol, dude...I actually agree...I just find it kind of funny :D But, it can be a little suspicious. I mean, I've seen about every variation of XBox problems from new people on this site....and, I find it extraordinarily coincidental that only new people have problems. I mean, with so many regulars on here, I find it surprising that none of us have had our XBoxes even twitch on us since we hear about so many problems from new people! I don't know...I guess time will tell if this new dude is legit.

If the problems are true, then, you, Donaldson, unfortunately, have one of the 2% defective XBoxes on the market. Call 1-800-4MY-XBox and they will bend over backwards to get you a new one :)

E-Xbox
04-03-2002, 06:18 PM
YO ALL!
i had 007:AUF
i beat the 2nd level...
then it went to the startup screen as if no disk was in..
and it would do that every time...
so i went to exchange it for a new AUF ..
and now no problems...

peace

Donaldson
04-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Max I know you are very respected in these forums and I am not just making my problem up. I love the Xbox and I hate it when the first question out of everyone's mouths is "Aren't there a lot of problems with those?" when I tell them I own an Xbox. I am not here to bring the site down. I have been here for a few months now--a lot less time than most of you. I made the post to try and get help b/c I don't want to have to call XBox and have them tell me to reformat again. If you guys can't help me that's fine, but in no way am I trying to bring down the Xbox, I just needed help.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Well i dont think that its a problem with the system, but you never know. Do you still have warranty on your XBOX? If you do, just to be on the safe side, simply return it for a new one:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

GokuX
04-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Donaldson
Max I know you are very respected in these forums and I am not just making my problem up. I love the Xbox and I hate it when the first question out of everyone's mouths is "Aren't there a lot of problems with those?" when I tell them I own an Xbox. I am not here to bring the site down. I have been here for a few months now--a lot less time than most of you. I made the post to try and get help b/c I don't want to have to call XBox and have them tell me to reformat again. If you guys can't help me that's fine, but in no way am I trying to bring down the Xbox, I just needed help

Hey Don it's just something that happens round here when you post for the first time and happen to post a problem. Ahh I can remember people questioning my true intent 640 some odd posts ago when I first came here posting that DOA3 crashed on me the second night I had my Xbox. If you stick around here a while, which we all hope you do BTW, you'll see this same scenario where the poster is accused of something fishy when they post a problem and only have a few posts. Don't let this discourage you from coming here anymore aight.:cool:

1goodcop
04-04-2002, 01:10 AM
GOOD REPLY Gortholomew!!! I'm also new to this site and I also had some problems with my xbox. I checked several sites(including this one) for people experiencing the same problem I was having. I just needed some information.

Donaldson, Do you get the screen, "Your xbox needs service....please contact customer sevice."? I did and I had some of the problems that you described. I sent my xbox in and got it back 2 days later. I havent had a problem since. If you have a warrenty, dont hesitate to use it. Its worth the wait and your problems may get worse. If you do send it in and you save your games directly to the hard drive, go out and get a memory card and transfer your data to that. There must have been something wrong with my hard drive because when I got it back, I lost all of my game saves.

I should also add. Whenever a new console is released, theres bound to be some problems with the first batch released. ALL NEW CONSOLES have experienced it at one time or another. I also own a ps2 and I remember all of the problems with the model #30001. I have that model #and luckily I havent had any problems. Its just something that happens.

Donaldson
04-04-2002, 04:40 AM
Thanx guys. No I do not get the service screen it just pauses for no reason and then I un-pause it, 20-30 seconds later it freezes and the sound skips. It is always at the same point on the same mission. I am going to exchange the game to make sure that that isn't the problem (which it very likely could be). Besides that will give me motivation to pick up one of the Japanese controllers that the store I bought the game at had in stock. Thanx again for the help--I will keep you updated on what happens.

Whisper
04-04-2002, 06:02 AM
call the number and ask about repair if its ever broken... luckily im in the 98% of people who dont have problems

Donaldson
04-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Max was right. I passed ten posts and all my problems went away. I exchanged the game and the problem went away. I just thought it might have been the Xbox bc of my previous problem. I also bought a Japanese controller while I was there. I am using it right now. I will post a review after I log some more time with it.

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 05:19 PM
----oops. See post below.

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 05:25 PM
lol!! You see!!! I told ya! This site is AMAZING!!! :D hehehe...

I'm happy you decided to stick around...it's been great reading your posts, bud! :D

By the way, GokuX said it best....you wouldn't believe some of the first posts we get from some people. It's been a pattern until you came, practically. By the way, I'm happy to see that it was only a software problem. Luckily, I haven't had any problems yet...maybe I'm just lucky.

So, what do you think of the Type "S" controller? I was thinking about getting one for my fourth controller.

azmodan
04-05-2002, 11:54 PM
yo i had problems with james bond too it just went to the startup screen... weird stuff i tell ya