PDA

View Full Version : MS BETTER secure rights for GTA3

Reverend Love
04-04-2002, 04:10 AM
Here's my 2 cents on this here dead horse of a subject. There's no questioning the fact that XBox's bread and butter market is the "older" crowed consisting of 18-24 year olds. The individuals willing to shell out series cash for their bells and whistles entertainment. I'm a member of said audience, no longer interested Japanese style roleplaying/soap opera games (FFX). Nore more of the same reguritated formats (GT3 more of the same, MGS2 ripping off things the PC did years ago). I purchased the Xbox for it's potential game content, that which would appeal to my age demograph. GTA3 is a prime example of this. Over the top comedy displayed in a violent format. This game is absolutely hilarious, and I honestly considered purchasing a PS2 just for it. However I've decided to wait, applying a litmus test to MS's willingness to provide to the market they've so zealously dogged. If they do indeed fail to secure the rights, then obviously I've chosen the wrong system for my entertainment. However if GTA3 is in fact released for the Xbox then I believe their content for the mature audience will only broaden....hopefully it works out. Or the fanboys would have been right :(

Reverend Love

E-Xbox
04-04-2002, 06:41 AM
INTERESTING......

khaos2005
04-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Personally, I want this game to come out for the Xbox, because I think it will do wonders for the sale of the Xbox.

However, I myself could really care less about this game. It's getting old hearing about it time and again. All my PS2 buds have beaten it and don't play it anymore. I have lost interest in it for some reason. But, I hope it comes out. That or GTA4.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 09:25 AM
If GTA3 wasnt coming to the xbox, I might buy a PS2 for it and FFX.

mahalan
04-04-2002, 09:32 AM
From what I've just read on another site, both GTA3 and MGSX are both coming to the Xbox.

XBOX MSSC
04-04-2002, 09:59 AM
I don't was Pos2's Fame. I want XBOX to gets it's own fame. I don't want that BS from sony. I want BS from MS !!! :D

DIGITAL
04-04-2002, 12:23 PM
im so sick of people asking if the games gonna come to the xbox,its been know for months that its gonna be realesed for xbox maybe some time in may or june,the games coming just wait,an i agree xbox mssc i want the xbox to have its own huge hit ,an im hoping brute force or hunter will be that game!or maybe blade 2

Hugh_Jass
04-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
I don't was Pos2's Fame. I want XBOX to gets it's own fame. I don't want that BS from sony. I want BS from MS !!! :D

I'll second that motion any day.

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 12:32 PM
XBox is already famous because of Halo. Rallisport Challenge has certainly turned some heads, too. But, expect it to become even more famous with Hunter: The Reckoning, Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and Project Ego, to name a few.

As for Grand Theft Auto 3...I really hope they touch up the graphics on this game before launching it to the XBox. I, personally, find it to have horrible graphics compared to many of the, and even, first generation XBox games.

I, honestly, have never played GTA3, however, I've seen it in person and in action. The gameplay is said to be very nice, but, man! I want better visuals! I know many gamers say Gameplay is better than graphics...while I may agree, however, I would never purchase GTA3 if the characters were featured as stick men. Call me picky, but, I want it all...good gameplay and graphics.

Crazy Joe
04-04-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

As for Grand Theft Auto 3...I really hope they touch up the graphics on this game before launching it to the XBox. I, personally, find it to have horrible graphics compared to many of the, and even, first generation XBox games.

I would hope the graphics are worse than a first gen Xbox game, since as of now it is a PS2 game. Of course the graphics for the Xbox version are gonna be better, look at how much time they have had to tweak with it. I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson after Max Payne.

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

I would hope the graphics are worse than a first gen Xbox game, since as of now it is a PS2 game. Of course the graphics for the Xbox version are gonna be better, look at how much time they have had to tweak with it. I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson after Max Payne.

Yeah, that exactly what I'm hoping, too. Well said :)

gtaplayer
04-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
XBox is already famous because of....

I, honestly, have never played GTA3, however, I've seen it in person and in action. The gameplay is said to be very nice, but, man! I want better visuals! I know many gamers say Gameplay is better than graphics...while I may agree, however, I would never purchase GTA3 if the characters were featured as stick men. Call me picky, but, I want it all...good gameplay and graphics.

its hard to put really good graphics on a game such as grand theft auto3...because of the fact that the enviorment in the game is so rich and thorough, u take a look at some of the cutscenes in the game and they fully mastered, and the cars, the explosions, the freedom of the game, i believe sony did an excellent job on gta3 because that the game is so open and u can go and do just about anything/where u want...the graphics to me are excellent....but the since the xbox is so much capable of more it can increase wat has already been done...dont critize the ps2...they brought this game and as well as other great games for us to steal there crowd and put it on our system...i myself would love this game to come out for the xbox...but i would also want the xbox to have there hits in there own exclusive games

Snoopy7548
04-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Love
If they do indeed fail to secure the rights, then obviously I've chosen the wrong system for my entertainment.

so what youre saying is that u want the xbox for ONE game?? thats pretty stupid (no offense though). there will be PLENTY of mature games for the xbox that will suit your needs. gta3 isnt like the god of all games, in which you HAVE to have it. it is a really good game, but i wouldnt think that the xbox is a horrible system just because it may not get gta3.

datalink7
04-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey, I'm in that said age group and still love FFX and MGS2 and whatnot.

Of cource, I too hope for adult games. Reason I bought the XBOX and not the Gamecube.

Reverend Love
04-04-2002, 10:28 PM
In response to Snoopy, you've misunderstood my point. I'm viewing GTA3 as MS willingness to provide the content in which they've advertised. The game is simply a representation of this content. If they're unwilling to secure the rights for GTA3 an already bonafide cash cow, then what makes you think they'd secure future games? I disagree with your point that the Xbox would not be a failure though. If they can't please their TARGETED audience with media of that segment, then it IS a failure. I mean honestly how many of you screamed with delight when you head Shrek was heading towards the Xbox? Hmm?

Reverend Love

Dre
04-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
If GTA3 wasnt coming to the xbox, I might buy a PS2 for it and FFX.

Alls I gots to say is damn you got some good gaming tastes! :)

xtr0n187
04-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Im in that age group as well and im sure our demographic is gonna shine soon.

We all know that what games need nowadays is some hookers and "blow" mixed in with some firepower.

GTA3 delivers a small glimmer. We need some more profanity in video games and just striaght up sick things that will fucck up the youth.
Things that will make congressmen and woman look stupid on tv talking out against....yes ...games that are as saturated with grotuist language and violence, as our movies.

Xbox can come to mean many things...I hope it means Xplicit,Xrated and Xtreme. Let the little kids go play on something else and let the PTA meetings commence about the Xbox and how its ruinig the youth....

JJaX
04-05-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Alls I gots to say is damn you got some good gaming tastes! :)

thanks Dre.

I give most games a try, But my standards for a good game are rather high. THats probaly why i give games such poor reviews.

Ive been gaming since back in the day, And ive played almost every "must have"

I only play the finest now........