PDA

View Full Version : What's The Deal With MGS

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 09:14 AM
So, what's the deal with Metal Gear Solid X and Metal Gear Solid. I'm hearing that they are gonna remake the first Metal Gear Solid, but with Metal Gear Solid X's grafics. Sounds awesome, but are they making two different Metal Gear Solid games or are they saying that Metal Gear Solid will be included in the Metal Gear Solid X Disc or in two different Discs but in the same game case. I hope you guys know what I'm getting at.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 09:19 AM
Im almost postive its MGS2 with some new areas and better graphics.

aronx
04-04-2002, 09:46 AM
who cares. MGS is overrated anyway. Why would I wanna buy a movie/game?

JJaX
04-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by aronx

I thought the 1st one was great...

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Buuddy, your a god damn Moron if you say anything bad about anything Metal Gear Solid. Everybody I know who is a gamer. Loves Metal Gear Solid. I pretty sure I don't only speak for myself on this site. Why don't you explain why you think Metal Gear Solid is over-rated and why you think it's a "movie/game". Infact, say why In your own tread so everyone in this forum sees what you think about Metal Gear Solid.

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Buuddy, your a god damn Moron if you say anything bad about anything Metal Gear Solid. Everybody I know who is a gamer. Loves Metal Gear Solid. I pretty sure I don't only speak for myself on this site. Why don't you explain why you think Metal Gear Solid is over-rated and why you think it's a "movie/game". Infact, say why In your own tread so everyone in this forum sees what you think about Metal Gear Solid.:mad:

Ninja Scroll
04-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Right on Liquid Snake!;)

Anyways MGSX is Metal Gear Solid 2. The title MGS2 is a PS2 exclusive so MGSX is the title of the Xbox classic.

And MGSX will feature Snake as a playable character too. Though you still will have Raiden in the game as well:o .

Since it's already April im now expecting to hear Konami make the "offical" announcement at E3.

And I cant wait.

And like Liquid Snake said. Dude that made that ignorant comment obviously never played the original MGS.
I bought the Bleem! boot-up disc called "bleemcast" so I could play MGS on my Dreamcast (hint,.. Ninja's anti-Sony) and it was one of the greatest games ever made.
Mos Def in my top 10.:cool:

aronx
04-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Buuddy, your a god damn Moron if you say anything bad about anything Metal Gear Solid. Everybody I know who is a gamer. Loves Metal Gear Solid. I pretty sure I don't only speak for myself on this site. Why don't you explain why you think Metal Gear Solid is over-rated and why you think it's a "movie/game". Infact, say why In your own tread so everyone in this forum sees what you think about Metal Gear Solid.:mad:

I love it when people. Get mad because someone else. Has an opinion that differs from theirs.

I also. Think its sad that your only argument for. MGS is the fact that "everybody I know" loves it.

NOTE: Writing style invented by LG and copied by aronx.

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Sorry about that. I tried to go back and fix something and mistakenly copied my message. Hey Jaxx, I thought the same thing until they said something about Metal Gear Solid X in the News section on this site this morning. They took it off now, I don't know why, but it was up before.

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 10:39 AM
That's also my understanding...Metal Gear Solid X is the same as Metal Gear Solid 2 with an additional playable character, more levels, more weapons, more action going on all at once, and enhanced graphics. So, basically, Metal Gear Solid X is Metal Gear 2 on steroids :D

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Ninja Scroll, I'm happy to see I finally got you on my side for once, Thanks man. Also, I don't know why you keep calling me Liquid Snake.

It's Liquid Gears

Liquid Gears
04-04-2002, 10:56 AM

I love it when people. Get mad because someone else. Has an opinion that differs from theirs.

I also. Think its sad that your only argument for. MGS is the fact that "everybody I know" loves it.

So is this your way of getting out of making that "I think MGS is over rated" Thread!! Let's go we're still waiting. Come on cool guy.

Crazy Joe
04-04-2002, 12:48 PM

First, he has a point, the only argument that Liquid Gears provided is that everyone loves it, this does not mean it's a good game. (JJax should support that : see NFL FEVER :D)

And second, good one aronx on the writing style burn. :eek:

aronx
04-04-2002, 01:05 PM
I did play the first MGS. I never said it was a bad game, I just think it receives too much praise for being "groundbreaking". I like to play my games, not watch them.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 01:09 PM
I did play the first MGS. I never said it was a bad game, I just think it receives too much praise for being "groundbreaking". I like to play my games, not watch them.

I think the big deal about the original MGS in PSX was that it was all done in C++

Plus it was different and original for a console game.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

(JJax should support that : see NFL FEVER :D)

yes, fever sucks man sack. Ive said this many times and compiled a list of flaws many times. Fever Blows...........

BTW, Check your Private messages Gortholomew. I sent you a avatar suggestion.

Crazy Joe
04-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

yes, fever sucks man sack. Ive said this many times and compiled a list of flaws many times. Fever Blows...........

BTW, Check your Private messages Gortholomew. I sent you a avatar suggestion.

but tons of people love it, just like MGS, not an argument for it to be a good game.

That Earl animated gif is too big, i resized it but it stopped moving. I'm gonna tweak with it a bit and see what i can do.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

but tons of people love it, just like MGS, not an argument for it to be a good game.

That Earl animated gif is too big, i resized it but it stopped moving. I'm gonna tweak with it a bit and see what i can do.

CooL

Crazy Joe
04-04-2002, 01:35 PM
check it out, i got her done. thanks man.

JJaX
04-04-2002, 02:04 PM
No Prob, I knew there was an animated one cause i used it as my avatar on a Unreal Tounament Forum. Enjoy.....