PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Dark Legacy a RPG?

Brevity
04-04-2002, 09:36 AM
WOW I could not believe this when I read it at TXB TXB (http://www.teamxbox.com/content.php?id=317)
I played this game on PS2 and I did not think it was a RPG I mean Hunter is not one and there the same type of game. What do you think? I love RPG's and will buy Dungion Siege tomorrow. but this game does not seem to me to be a RPG at all.?!:)

shererboat
04-04-2002, 09:45 AM
i thought it was more of a "walk thru and kill everything" game then an RPG.......:confused:

JJaX
04-04-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
i thought it was more of a "walk thru and kill everything" game then an RPG.......:confused:

The only RPG element is everything you kill gives you EXP points and you charchter evolves in classes.

Get this game if you enjoy walking around hitting 'X' alot.

ZZZzzZzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Brevity
04-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Right on man thats what I thought.

Ninja Scroll
04-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

The only RPG element is everything you kill gives you EXP points and you charchter evolves in classes.

Get this game if you enjoy walking around hitting 'X' alot.

ZZZzzZzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's what im saying. I played this game in the arcades and was bored out my ever loving Ninja mind!:confused: :( :confused:

And no ways this game is anything like Hunter: The Reckoning:rolleyes:

Hunter is more like a Streets Of Rage, as where you have weapons killing zombies and all kinds of other monsters instead of SoR's sluts & crack head enemies!:D

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Gauntlet was pretty cool back in the day, but, Hunter: The Reckoning is going to be so much better :)

JJaX
04-04-2002, 10:47 AM
The only good thing that ever came out of gauntlet, Was Gauntlet II on NES. When you picked up the Booze and the guy would say "Ahhhhhh"

My is Midway bent on making games for slow people?

Hugh_Jass
04-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Yeah...classic Gauntlet in the arcade was a great example of top-down 2D fun at its finest. Bring on the retro version!

Brevity
04-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Please include if you think this is a RPG,, And why. Im w/Jjax and Ninja

Ninja Scroll
04-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Please include if you think this is a RPG,, And why. Im w/Jjax and Ninja

Bottom line: it's not a RPG, is a "straight foward action game" with life energy & magic points that resembles RPG features and that is all.
I think even with 3 other friends to play with this game will be a bore-fest all da way:o

Brevity
04-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Bottom line: it's not a RPG, is a "straight foward action game" with life energy & magic points that resembles RPG features and that is all.
I think even with 3 other friends to play with this game will be a bore-fest all da way:o
Preach it brother preach it.

Crazy Joe
04-04-2002, 01:43 PM
games like this remind alot of Loaded and ReLoaded for PSone. remember Loaded, first gen for PS, graphics sucked my arse, could barely tell what was going on, all fuzzy and sh*t.