PDA

View Full Version : Would MS benefit from a Price adjustment in Japan and Europe??

Highlite23
04-04-2002, 11:27 AM
I responded to a thread with the price cut rumors agin today. I feel if the price cuts were for the overseas market the Xbox could make a major dent in the Japan & European markets. The Xbox, in my opinion, is accuratly priced here in the states, but there is quite a difference between systems in Japan & Europe.

So the question is.......

Do you feel a "price adjustment" would benefit MS's attempt at competing with Sony & Nintendo in Japan & Europe?

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Without a doubt! A price cut in those markets would make a HUGE dent in Microsoft's market presence in those two countries. Microsoft just has to make sure that there are plenty XBoxes to go around :)

Ninja Scroll
04-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Without a doubt! A price cut in those markets would make a HUGE dent in Microsoft's market presence in those two countries. Microsoft just has to make sure that there are plenty XBoxes to go around :)

Believe me waximus, Japan will never have to worry about any sell outs of Xbox consoles.
Do I think a price drop in Europe & Japan will help the consoles market share? Of course I do! Do I think it will hurt Microsofts stock? You d@mn right!
price drops are not always the best thing to do even if it will sell millions of more systems.
Microsoft is already losing $75.00-$150+ dollars by just selling the Xbox for a MSRP of $299.99
So a price drop in the fist year of the console is a bad move in my opinion.
If you want to sell system, you need the software. Period.:)