PDA

View Full Version : What next.......

CodeMonkey
04-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Ok guys this weekend I’m going to buy some more cool stuff for my Xbox, I have only had the sexual goddess a few days so I’ve still got the energy to get out, so I’m going while I can.
All I have at the moment is
Xbox
1 controller
and one game halo (which i know is enough on its own, but i need somthing else to play while the halo disk is cooling in the rain)

I’m open minded about games although I’ve played Amped and thought it was a bit lame on the controls and general layout of the game (just my opinion)…
So what games would u recommend?
Is it worth getting the advanced scart lead?
DVD kit any good?

Also I have only got one controller cos I was waiting for the type S, is it worth waiting for? Or just get standard Microsoft 1
I have around £200 to spend. In dollars around $350
Cheers for your input

MixMasta
04-04-2002, 04:50 PM
rallisport challenge is good for racing fans
tony hawk three is also a good game
if you find the m$ controller uncomfterable then wait for type s, but if not, stick with it

NsomniA
04-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Get THPS3. Next to HALO it's one of the best games out for Xbox. I would get a second standard controller and then get 2 type-s when it comes out. I had the dvd kit for one night and took it back. Couldn't take the quality. Looked like I was watching 12-bit movies or something. I did some side by side with my sony dvd player and deceided to take it back and get DOA3. Have fun.

Romo28
04-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Tony Hawk 3... One of my faves

For right now, you probably dont need a sports game because you only have 1 controller. I would concentrate on something with a strong 1 player mode. An action or strat game.

Maybe:
Max Payne, Silent Hill, etc.

2k2freak23
04-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Rallisport Challenge is good for racers
NBA or NFL 2K2 is good for sports fans (basketball or football)
Halo or AUF for shooting fans
DOA3 for fighting fans

Others: PGR, AMped, SSX tricky,

Steve1987
04-04-2002, 05:15 PM
I got an Xbox with 2 controllers a couple of days ago, and i've got to say Halo is a great game and i've been playing non-stop, but i need something to fill the gap when i get bored after a few hours of action, and at the moment all i have is a demo disc. Wreckless looks amazing so perhaps i'll get that. I've only got £45 to spend as i'm broke, so i need a game thats gonna last like Halo. Any ideas?
Cheers
P.S. You need to get another controller for Halo, co-operative mode is great.:D

LynxFX
04-04-2002, 05:16 PM
I just bought Muches Oddysey and I'm loving it. A great platform/puzzle game. I'm laughing more at the beautifully rendered cut scenes than on any other game. Played it for 6 hours straight last night. I couldn't put it down.

Spike Minoda
04-04-2002, 05:21 PM
get rallisport

E-Xbox
04-04-2002, 05:22 PM
thps 3!!!
PGR!!!!

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 05:24 PM
Rallisport Challenge, most definately!

But, did you know that you can play Halo on-line? This is an absolute must if you haven't! Just a few CAT 5 patch cables and a HUB and a broadband internet connection and you're in action! I own 11 games right now and I bought Halo the very day it came out...Nov 15th, 2001. And, I still play that the most out of any game....well, that and Rallisport Challenge! :D

I currently own:

Halo
Rallisport Challenge
Amped
Azurik
NFL Fever 2002
NFL2K2
NBA Live 2002
Starwars Starfighter SE (I won this from this website!!)
UFC: Tapout
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (Sweet game, like Lynxfx said!)
Project Gotham Racing

I used to own Max Payne and Bloodwake. I beat Max Payne...loved it, but, I wasn't going to play it anymore after beating in on New York Minute (hardest mode). And, I absolutely hated Bloodwake...great graphics, poor gameplay.

I hope that helps! By the way, look out for Hunter: The Reckoning coming out next month!! :D

Spike Minoda
04-04-2002, 05:27 PM
Halo came out on Nov 10 in my area. well there is a guy who works as a game developer and owns a store here in my little town

CodeMonkey
04-04-2002, 05:31 PM
yeah im online with it thanks max, using my wireless router which is nice no wires.......
yeah was playing it on game spy but i found i was messing about most of the time trying to find a game that was going, takes so long for some ppl, dont know why...

yeah i willl look out for hunter ive been going on about that game to my friends for some time...

do u know if the advanced scart is worth getting or just a waste of cash?

cheers guys for your imput...
oh and yeah been looking at munch...thats on my list.....

l Maximus l
04-04-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
yeah im online with it thanks max, using my wireless router which is nice no wires.......
yeah was playing it on game spy but i found i was messing about most of the time trying to find a game that was going, takes so long for some ppl, dont know why...

yeah i willl look out for hunter ive been going on about that game to my friends for some time...

do u know if the advanced scart is worth getting or just a waste of cash?

cheers guys for your imput...
oh and yeah been looking at munch...thats on my list.....

Well, the advanced scart cable is definately worth it if you have a TV larger than a 27", otherwise, I wouldn't bother. It won't make much of a difference. :)

Afro Aura
04-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Is it worth getting the advanced scart lead?

Yes get hold of the Advanced SCART lead and Max I'm ashamed at you telling him that it's a waste of time getting the AV pack if his TV isnt any bigger than 27" if he is looking for some cool sharp pictures it doesn't matter what size the screen is he'll looking see the difference when he plugs the SCART in and is ready to go
from Composite to RGB there's a whole load of difference between them :D