PDA

View Full Version : How do u feel after completing a game???

No Fear 23
04-04-2002, 09:45 PM
how do u feel after completing a game??

for me, it feels good casue of all the hard work i did to get through a game. i enjoy a nice budwieser after completing a game:rolleyes:

Donaldson
04-04-2002, 09:49 PM
It is satisfying yet depressing at the same time. I mean you beat the game, but what now?--Nevermind I just remembered, beat it again.

Romo28
04-04-2002, 09:54 PM
Depends on the game...

When I beat Halo, I felt happyness yet lonliness, no more days coming home and finding out what happens in the saga. My friend, Master Cheif, I miss you.

With THPS3, I am joyful, because I unlocked something.

gtaplayer
04-04-2002, 09:56 PM
hey good thread subject

when i finish a game i look for the ending to be a real good one...thats y i dont play sports games much, i have to say the best game ending i have ever played has been halo...its leaves u thinking of the sequal...

Laxeph
04-04-2002, 10:16 PM
When I finish a game, I am sort of saddened. When I beat Zelda: Ocarine of Time for N64 I was happy that I beat it yet sad that I had no more to play. There was no more story for me to see. Also when I beat Shenmue for Dreamcast, I was sad. That was a great game, and I had a great time playing it. After I beat the game I see no point in playing them again.

ScorpionX
04-04-2002, 10:43 PM
When I beat games like Halo and JSRF I am happy because there is still multiplayer to have fun with. Yet when I beat games like Max Payne I am mad because there in nothing left to do in the game so there is no use of having it.

sinizuh
04-04-2002, 10:49 PM
when i passed Halo, i was like "Woot! awesome!" ...
a week later, i was like "*yawn* boring"

i need more replay value in a game.

Dre
04-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
When I beat games like Halo and JSRF I am happy because there is still multiplayer to have fun with. Yet when I beat games like Max Payne I am mad because there in nothing left to do in the game so there is no use of having it.

First off, I'll address the thread I quoted. Just to let you know there is "some" replay value on Max Payne for the PC... its kinda cool actually because there are some mods that imitate things such as the Matrix lobby scene. Short-lived.. but still its some extra fun.

And for me, finishing a game isn't that special unless its an RPG. I rented things like Genma Onimusha and Blood Omen 2.. sure the stories are cool.. but after a while I kinda wanted to finish them just to see the ending and get it over with. An RPG however is different.. when well done it can draw you in so much that you feel kind of abandoned/lonely/sad when it ends and you've viewed the ending a couple of times. Things like final fantasy just make me wish the game could go on forever with different things happening.

Thats kinda whats got me so hyped about Project Ego.. if its true that you can do whatever the hell you want then its going to be awesome because you can truly "live" your character's life.. to me thats what a true RPG should be.

Anyhoo.. lates...

Kilik
04-05-2002, 12:48 AM
When I finish a good game it always leaves me wanting more.

stilly
04-05-2002, 02:19 AM
i'd say it depends on the game, i felt cheated when i finished gunman chronicles, it was like this is getting really good, then the credits roll. when i finished halo, i was happy and yet sad that something i'd lived with for the last four days was over, yet was driven to finish it through out those days. but playin it again on co op, and different setting means it has loads of replay, plus multi player it will always have a place in my heart, but if the games are addictive in story, and playablity, then you get the paradox, of must finish it, don't want it to end, a few games get it right, most fizzle out.
these games got it right for me, and left me with a hole.
half life
halo
hostile waters
commandos2
metal gear solid
force commander
rogue squadron
perfect dark
golden eye

these failed
return to castle wolfenstein
gunman chronic
opposing forces
max payne
star trek elite forces

Hugh_Jass
04-05-2002, 08:50 AM
The only game I have completed on the XBOX was Azurik.

I felt relieved because it was so intense.
I felt happy because it was an awesome game.
I felt sad because it was over.

NsomniA
04-05-2002, 08:57 AM
I always get kinda bummed after I finish a game. I mean I'm happy for a while, but then it's like, "Ok, what's next?" As soon as I finished THPS2x I got THPS3. HALO has a lot of replay value with multi and online. I still haven't beat it on Legendary yet so I still have work to do.

Spaztic
04-05-2002, 10:30 AM
usually I feel like I need a beer!

JJaX
04-05-2002, 10:34 AM
I throw up a peace sign and yell out all the Japanese credits.

try it, Its fun when your drunk!

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
usually I feel like I need a beer!

Yeah! Or four!! Finishing a game is a rewarding feelling! I don't get sad because I mainly think about how much fun I had! When I beat Halo, I wasn't bummed in the least! Beating it on Legendary for the first time was pretty rewarding, in my opinion! Now, I have increased my skills with Halo via on-line Multi-player!

Speaking of, I tried XBConnect instead of Gamespy last night and I am IMPRESSED! It's SWEEEEET!!! :D

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 10:42 AM
thnx for the kind words about xbconnect max.........ur opinion as wells as everyone elses is important to me...sniff sniff....i promised myself i wouldn't cry....................:(

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace
thnx for the kind words about xbconnect max.........ur opinion as wells as everyone elses is important to me...sniff sniff....i promised myself i wouldn't cry....................:(

lol, Silvertrace! Dude, it was fun playing last night! We'll do it again soon! I'm very impressed with XBConnect....it lags a little, but, not nearly like Gamespy!! It's also cool to be able to host more than 3 total XBoxes! NICE!! :D

OppiumNitrates
04-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Laxeph
When I finish a game, I am sort of saddened. When I beat Zelda: Ocarine of Time for N64 I was happy that I beat it yet sad that I had no more to play. There was no more story for me to see.

i felt the same way brotha, sometimes beating a game leaves me unsatisfied bacause in your head u think that it always gunna be better/harder/deeper and its not . . . but if it has a good replay value then i look fwd to friend coming over and kick their sorry asses