PDA

View Full Version : Halo in Japan

MixMasta
04-05-2002, 10:25 AM
according to TXB, Halo will ship in Japan on April 25th!! They also created new box art (see attach) I hope it does well, and boosts the sales for the XBox in Japan.

Here is the article from TXB:

Halo is making its way to Japan later this month on April 25th, fully translated and with newly designed box art (seen below). Typically, First Person Shooters haven't done too well down there, but Halo has already garnered quite a bit of interest. Who knows, if enough positive word-of-mouth impressions spread, it could help the Xbox sell a few more units in the long run.

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 10:27 AM
so are the marines in halo gonna speak japanese........hmmmmmm.........be funny if they just dubbed voices like old kung fu movies.......HI YA...........daniel son.....always look in eye..........:cool:

JJaX
04-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Japanese halo site...

you can find sounds here....

http://xbox.jp/software/halo/index.html

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Japanese halo site...

you can find sounds here....

http://xbox.jp/software/halo/index.html

Dude! That was a pretty sweet site! Too bad I couldn't read most of it :D That just got me pumped up to go home and play! Too bad I have 6 more hours to go! :(

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:12 PM
i hear the music and its like i'm hypnotized........crackin the case in 30 seconds and BOOM...........i'm feenin for some halo

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Sorry to tell my Ninja XBA fans but Halo is not be much of a success in da land of the rising sun.:(
FPS are notoriously known not to be popular or successful in Japan.
Believe me, Ninja wishes this classic all the best in Japan, im just not sure. D@mn those guys, they would'nt know a good game unless Ninja cut their candy asses with my katana sword!:rolleyes:

But you guys are right. It would be sweet to see Bungie dub the English subtitles... shoot, I would import an Xbox & Halo for that hilarious jibber-jabber off-beat shinanigans!!:D

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 01:11 PM
You know that new box art is only a different colored version of the US version. It's still pimp tight looking, but nothing revolutionary like some of you are drooling over:rolleyes:

:D

E-Xbox
04-05-2002, 02:34 PM
i saw that ...
the box art is sick!!!!

peace

JJaX
04-05-2002, 03:22 PM
speaking of cool pics

http://halo.bungie.org/miscartimages/masterchief_pencil01.jpg

GokuX
04-05-2002, 04:35 PM
I heard they were gonna take old Gozilla roaring sound bites and use them for some of the Covenant.

CoMATOSE
04-05-2002, 04:58 PM
the box art rulz:cool: i wish mine looked like that, then little timmy wouldn't have 2 die:(

wweomaniac
04-05-2002, 05:10 PM
What is that foreign language I see written on the Halo Japan website??

I think they're trying to tell us that their wangs... oops... I meant hands are too small.

"So small"

Anyone see the Chinpokemon episode of South Park??

HI-larious!

JimmieDoogan
04-05-2002, 05:52 PM
I doubt that game will boost the sales in Japan. They like stupid games like those dating sims and walking the dog, and tour bus guide. Not saying their not serious gamers, but as I understand they are not very keen to FPS games. I guess they just don't like it because it was invented by an American. Thats the plight of being the best in the world, everyone hates you for it.

GuiltySpark
04-05-2002, 07:20 PM
the japanese can eb stubburn bastards but this game could change their perpective. 11 years ago no one thought people would liek turn based rpgs in the usa and considered it a japanese thing. Well FF and dragon warrior changed all that. So maybe halo coudl pull off a FPS craze in ajpan. it certainly gots the greatness to pull it off.